Whirling Blade / Hurl

A place for rules questions to be posted. Rules questions should be asked here, not in OOC chat or FPMs. The DM's will answer whenever they can. Rules questions are not our focus, so it may take some time for questions to be responded to. Please be patient.

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Whirling Blade / Hurl

Postby Stam » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:36 am

Busy making a Paladin/Favored Soul of Chauntea! Who will be able to use a scythe.

In order to fill both healbot role *and* a much-desired niche for a character who throws scythes (:D), I'd like to know if either of these spells can be added to the Cleric list with appropriate research:

Whirling Blade (SC p. 238, currently Bard2/Sor2/Wiz2) - perfect for harvesting a field a lot faster!
Hurl (SC p. 117, currently Sor2/Wiz2) - will do the job just fine too, minus the harvester effect. I'd prefer Whirling Blade, though.

I'm hoping it can be workable as a Clr2 spell, right in there with Spiritual Weapon.

(Why don't I just take Spiritual Weapon? Because that's an attack roll keyed off Wis, and Favored Souls have that whole dual-stat requirement. I'll be casting off Cha and dumping Wis. No Save-Or-Suck spells for me.)
Stam

Return to Rules Questions & Answers