Drow prerequisites

A place for rules questions to be posted. Rules questions should be asked here, not in OOC chat or FPMs. The DM's will answer whenever they can. Rules questions are not our focus, so it may take some time for questions to be responded to. Please be patient.

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Drow prerequisites

Postby J.C. » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:21 pm

I was just thumbing through the Drow of the Underdark book and a random thought came into my head.
Since the opening up of the LA races includes the Half-Drow, will the Feats and PrCs that require "Drow" also be opened up to include Half-Drow?

Random thoughts bouncing uncontrollably around in my braincell challenged mind.

J.C.
J.C.

Re: Drow prerequisites

Postby Murdling » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:40 pm

If I'm not mistaken this is answered by association in the PhB. Half-Elves count as both Human and Elf for requirements that reference either of them, which causes Half-Drow to count as Human / Drow (and also Elf I think) for requirements.
Murdling

Re: Drow prerequisites

Postby Ian » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:06 pm

This is answered explicitly by Races of Faerun and Drow of the Underdark.

RoF p.63 wrote:Drow Blood: For all special abilities and effects, a half-drow is considered a drow.

DotU p.220 wrote:...rather than elf blood, [half-drow] have drow blood. Since drow is a subrace of elf, the net effect is that they have elf blood as well. The specification of drow blood means that for all special abilities and effects particular to a drow, a half-drow is considered a drow.
Ian

Return to Rules Questions & Answers