3 Questions of Slings, Quickdraw, Warmaces, and Armor Spikes

A place for rules questions to be posted. Rules questions should be asked here, not in OOC chat or FPMs. The DM's will answer whenever they can. Rules questions are not our focus, so it may take some time for questions to be responded to. Please be patient.

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

3 Questions of Slings, Quickdraw, Warmaces, and Armor Spikes

Postby Arrow-Bolt » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:24 pm

1) Say a character knows how to use martial weapons and light armor. Could that character wear no armor but put on a harness of Armor Spikes (or Armor Razors [Underdark P. 65]) and attack with them?

2) If a character can make more then one attack in a full round attack action and has the Quick Draw feat, can the character quick draw a pre-loaded sling, attack with it, and then drop then the sling to only Quick Draw a new pre-loaded sling for each attack of the full round attack action?

3) If you fight with Warmaces [Complete Warrior P. 158], one in each hand, does the -1 AC penalty of the Warmace stack to a total of -2 AC penalty or not?
Arrow-Bolt

Re: 3 Questions of Slings, Quickdraw, Warmaces, and Armor Sp

Postby The Redneck » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:34 pm

In an Overrun maneuver, you plow past/through your opponent. If you have spiked armor/barding, do you cause any damage to the target?
The Redneck

Postby Kemian » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:51 pm

1) the question has already been asked and answered.

Armor spikes are an addition to armor. If you are not wearing armor, you can't wear armor spikes.

In a word, No.

2) Quick Draw is a Free Action. The only rule I can find prohibiting more than 1 Free action per round is the one on Quickened Spells (only 1 per round). So theoretically there isn't a direct prohibition to Quick Drawing a Sling to use, but I would question how precisely you preload a sling without the bullet falling out. I am just not seeing it. I probably wouldn't allow this.

3) The AC penalty would only be -1 but you would suffer the penalty to attack for dual wielding One Handed Weapons. Which is -6/-10 if you do not have Two Weapon Fighting and -4/-4 if you do.
Kemian

Postby Kemian » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:07 pm

The Redneck wrote:In an Overrun maneuver, you plow past/through your opponent. If you have spiked armor/barding, do you cause any damage to the target?

First blush opinion. Not final ruling.

RAW - Armor spikes can be used to do additional damage for grappling only. They can also be used as a second off hand light weapon as if you are Dual Wielding weapons. So I would say YES you can have the Armor spikes deal damage in an Overrun IF that is the only weapon you are choosing to use. If you are using a primary weapon am inclined to say no, you cannot also use Armor spikes for damage.
Kemian

Return to Rules Questions & Answers