Skilled Non-Sneaky Strength based character

Have an concept for a character? Lets talk it out. Have a build you want to show off or need help with? This is the place!

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Skilled Non-Sneaky Strength based character

Postby TheMaskedFerret » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Looking for class suggestions for a skilled non-sneaky (looks at Sneak Attack as dishonorable) strength/int/cha based character. I intend to have him in plate as soon as I can. He is a noble, and perhaps inclined to gambling.

-----------------------------
from http://d20.digitaldreaming.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3461
TheMaskedFerret

Re: Skilled Non-Sneaky Strength based character

Postby Andy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi, Mr Ferret. Welcome to the site.

We've been talking a lot in the chat lately about the Factotum from Dungeonscape, and how cool it is. It's a base class, not a PrC, and has a lot of fun abilities for a skill-oriented character. Take a look at that.

Also check out the Scout class from Complete Adventurer, which is sort of about mobility where the Rogue is about stealth. It has Skirmish, which is similar in power to Backstab but works under different conditions, so that it's a little less underhanded. Also gets a solid skill base, as I recall.

Also also bear in mind that we've got a new forum set up that you can access through the New Site link on the frontpage. You might get more eyeballs on your question there.

Hope that helps!
Andy

Re: Skilled Non-Sneaky Strength based character

Postby TheMaskedFerret » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Thanks! I moved it to the other forum.
TheMaskedFerret

Return to Concept & Build Discussion