Funny IC quotes

News and information about the site, and the direction it is going.

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Funny IC quotes

Postby ilanian » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:07 pm

They're back! Enjoy!

Orlan Lunaris
Thu, 08:49:30 AM
Orlan looks at Grunt, briefly, before looking back at the ground. "Um, hello." Turning towards Aiera again, but not looking at her, "other people seem to find me very...strange. They seem to get uncomfortable around me at times."

Grunt Ka Thunk
Thu, 08:51:11 AM
"It is the fact that you talk to your friends, that nobody else can see, that nobody else can talk to." Grunt says matter of factly. "You seem to be a fine fellow other than that small thing."

Orlan Lunaris
Thu, 08:52:26 AM
Orlan looks directly at Grunt, with a challenging look in his eyes. "It's not my fault that they are shy."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helpful Reminder:
Why party should NOT plan the assault on the orcs in quite that volume again, so close to the entrance to the orc-filled cave:

General IC Room
Thu, 07:37:21 PM
As you near the entrance you hear a voice from within speak in very clear common. "Hail the mighty orc slayers, please come in and join the last of us."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I hope you two are happy." Grunt nods to Kiki. "Well ladies, I need to get to class. Jiriki, Kiki, Farewell."

*She looks between Jiriki and Grunt* Class? *Then looks to Jiriki* They have class for grown ups?

"Yes. Class." Grunt grins broadly, "Stop by and see me some time when you two have some." Grunt heads east toward the invisible bridge, off to the Lady's College.

Ereshkigal Emese
Yeah, you probably are safer that way. She's dangerous

Garland Waynwood
"How so?"

Ereshkigal Emese
She has a temper.. and a bad aim

Garland Waynwood
"Oh...but can be quite dangerous, yes. Thank you for the warning, m'lady. Lady Jiriki was the young woman's name, correct?" (Funny how the bad aim applies to Jiri too atm)

Ereshkigal Emese
*laughs* nono.. not that one. She's with the prince, the crazy one is with the knight Mikal!

Garland Waynwood
"Oh! DO..."
Garland suddenly pauses.
"Do you happen to mean Lady Ashe?"

Ereshkigal Emese
*Her eyes narrow* well, Ashe is her name, yes.

Now this could be taken out of context...

Orlan Lunaris
Fri, 09:54:54 PM
Orlan shrugs. "I never cared for more languages than what is commonly spoken here. Chondothan, Illuskan, and the common trade tongue are enough for me.

Ereshkigal Emese
Fri, 09:56:11 PM
*huffs, and tries to get someone to take her order finally* I'll try to remember that and not bother you with my own tongue then

Orlan Lunaris
Fri, 09:58:03 PM
"I just haven't had the chance to learn any other languages." He shrugs. "I'm sure that your tongue would be quite interesting to experience."

Ereshkigal Emese
Fri, 10:01:02 PM
*She chuckles* I don't know.. it's just another way to communicate

Orlan Lunaris
Fri, 10:02:57 PM
"Perhaps you will give me a sample sometime?"

Gerbo Silentall

He trots over, and picks up the sword. "Nay. Ye must be prepared. Ah hope Ah showed ye, that ye jes have ta try and be prepared. Be prepared for the unexpected. Be prepared fer the worst." he pushes the wooden sword in her hand. "Ye should practice on some feller who dunnuh hit back, me thinks. Til yer comfortable." he smiles, walking her towards the dummies.

Ereshkigal Emese

*She is walked, reluctantly, with shuffled steps to the stuffed dummy, her shoulders sagging* yeah.. sure.. like that'll do me a lot of good, I can hear it now 'please, mister goblin, would you just stand still for me while I chop your head off? it'll just take a moment, thank you'

Juliana Oakenwood
Tue, 09:21:13 PM
"If this is true..." Juliana states knowing it most probably is, "then what do they want with the children?"

Zeroun Phluxus
Tue, 09:22:36 PM
"Slaves. Food. New endoctrinated monks."

Altair Hadarmas
Tue, 09:25:38 PM
"Or ritual sacrifice. Can't forget that possibility." *He nods to Zeroun.* "Either way, all of the options fit into that same category of 'general non-goodness that we should probably intervene with.'"

Zeroun Phluxus
Tue, 09:26:58 PM
"True. I always forget about the religious side of things."

A conversation not to have in front of the mayor of a village whose children have gone missing.

Grunt makes certain the Rods collect these miscreants and then goes back to walking the streets ... *wiggles the hips*

Suggestions for how to introduce oneself when knocking on the door of the suspected kidnappers hideout.

Juliana quickly moves to the side of her friend, following her to the door. She whispers to her fiercely, "This is stupid. What are we going to say, 'Hello. We're selling cookies for the Silver Star's annual fund raiser. We have coconut and chocolate chip.'"

"I was going to go for a, 'hello, can I come in? I was out travelling late,'" Katla whispers back.

"Either that or a set of encyclopedia's?" (Zeroun)

"If they're monks, you'd do better with an ancient training manual or something," she makes a face at both of them. (Katla)

"Ancient Iluskan secret, eh? Might work. Oh Goddess, here we go...", Juliana says nervously.
Last edited by ilanian on Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Necromancy:
Helping to lessen our dependency on the funereal industrial complex.

Reduce
Reuse
Reanimate
ilanian

Postby ilanian » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:42 pm

Grit Weeks
Thu, 06:35:10 PM
Dat spider like Deputy Squeakers?

Grunt Ka Thunk
Thu, 06:39:28 PM
"Yes. And you work with Mouse and Jiriki." Grunt raises a brow, "The rat? Yeah, figure he would like him just fine for a snack."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grunt Ka Thunk
Thu, 07:25:46 PM
"Did he polymorph? Lucky bastard. Still waiting to try mine in combat. The thought of turning into a ten headed hydra and just slaughtering things, damn, but that just turns me the hell on."
ilanian

Postby ilanian » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:24 pm

Cassandra shrugs in a by-all-means-please-go-ahead-and-do-the-talking kind of way to Jerek.
ilanian

Postby Jiriki » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:29 am

The wood elf is seen in the company of many folk, running the gamut from Loki the strange white skinned hin, to Jiriki, her sun (moon)-elf occasional room mate, to Samuel the Inconsistent and even Talinor the Drunken Cleric. Other locals she considers friends include Val the tiefling, Gerbo the gKnow-it-all gnome, Xarai the genasi, Grunt the Scary, Orlan the Grumpy, Aerlyn the Amazing and Baradir the Hunk.

Now to me? This is a pretty accurate description of those people....
Jiriki

Postby ilanian » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:10 pm

Ereshkigal Emese
*laughs* we're going after whatever is scaring the squirrels out of the woods

Jerek Riverhold
"Squirrels?" He raises an eyebrow.

Orlan Lunaris
"What squirrels?"

Ereshkigal Emese
*looks a bit stunned at the pair* You're.. kidding, right? You don't know about the invasion of squirrels and the talking gold nuts?

Orlan Lunaris
"Um, Kiki, are you feeling alright. That sounds a bit...crazy."

Ereshkigal Emese
Yeah.. I'm fine *she retorts sarcastically back* And I'm serious. there are squirrels everywhere.. and they have magical golden nuts that you can talk to them with

Orlan Lunaris
Orlan raises his hands in an attempt to calm Kiki down. "It's okay Kiki. You don't have to get all upset. Just calmly tell me about the squirrels and their talking nuts."
Necromancy:

Reduce
Reuse
Reanimate
ilanian

Postby ilanian » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:05 pm

Ereshkigal Emese
You know.. maybe we should find a druid? *she speaks up randomly* I hear they talk to animals without gold nuts

Who's missing the nuts? The squirrels, or the druids?
Necromancy:

Reduce
Reuse
Reanimate
ilanian

Postby ilanian » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:07 pm

Ellyaun Silverleaf
"I'm good at dealing with the natural hazards of the terrain, but I don't know anything about the magical nuts."
Necromancy:

Reduce
Reuse
Reanimate
ilanian

Postby ilanian » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:09 pm

Trebor Stourm
I never realized squirrels carried magic nuts.

It's obvious he's not a female squirrel.
Necromancy:

Reduce
Reuse
Reanimate
ilanian

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:45 pm

-=- Snickers -=-

Postby ilanian » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:54 pm

Ashe
*Ashe laughs* "Nadorhuan!!!" *Then she leans in closer and sniffs Kiki delicately* "Lle holma ve' edan."

Translation: Cowardly Dog!!! You smell like a human.

My, what a sensitive nose we have.
Necromancy:

Reduce
Reuse
Reanimate
ilanian

Postby ilanian » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:51 pm

Juliana Oakenwood
"My God, what's becoming of Silverymoon! Madmen who carve out eyes and damnable furry rats with magical nuts! What on earth do these squirrels want that they gather so? I find it difficult to find them a threat, but it is absurd, I tell you!", she says as she drains her wine and orders a second glass.

Juliana Oakenwood
"I will. Probably the worst thing out tonight is a talking squirrel who wants to show me it's magical nuts!", she says with a wicked grin. "Bye.", and with that she exits the Blade.
Necromancy:

Reduce
Reuse
Reanimate
ilanian

Postby Jiriki » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:44 pm

Rauvin the Barbarian on seducing Eriss...

NO! She mad Not throw weapon. Grab and use totem power! Mate hurt much time."
*he says*
Jiriki

Postby ilanian » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:14 pm

Ariella Bloodwing
*She sits down* Thisss wasss an interesssting day, we haven't even reached our goal and already met sssome drow, murdered sssomeone and ssstopped a drug shipment...

Cassandra Drake
"And found an army of orcs, you can't forget the orcs..."

Gotta love the travel guide that insures an 'interesting' trip.
Last edited by ilanian on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necromancy:

Reduce
Reuse
Reanimate
ilanian

Postby ilanian » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:38 pm

Zedul Greyslayer
:::glances back at the others with a shrug of, "who the hell is this guy and what is he looking for":::
Necromancy:

Reduce
Reuse
Reanimate
ilanian

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:12 am

A day at the tournament . . .

General IC Room 2
Mon, 10:05:34 PM
As both stagger, Newt thrusts forward a final time, but as the blade comes forward, Naoli takes the hit on her shoulder and steps forward, dropping her shield and taking her blade in both hands before bringing it down directly on Newt's shoulder, a sickening crack ringing through the crowd.

Newt's eyes roll back and with a final whisper of something, maybe a name, he falls unconcious to the ground.

Kalis Anskaal
Mon, 10:07:17 PM
And somewhere in the stands, a Thayan sits in shock as one of his people actually won.
I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
JuneBarcarolle

Next

Return to Community News