Site Issues and Updates - Discussion Thread

News and information about the site, and the direction it is going.

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Re: Site Issues and Updates - Discussion Thread

Postby J.C. » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:13 pm

I am not going to post this as a "quote" as it gave me a headache to read it the first time. What I am going to do is ask you Seeker to please Preview your postings and read them through word for word before sending them as a post.

I am sorry, but I can't make sense of anything you posted, and there is a difference between "than" and "then".

Sorry Hon, but your last post got me.

J.C.
J.C.

Postby Keith » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:54 am

Ian wrote:the only option I've found is to require an admin's approval for all new accounts, and believe me, I'm considering turning that on

I think this might be good, and just have them email that they want to open an account; though I don't know that our DD emails are still active. I haven't logged into mine in a long time. We could always create gmail accounts with DigitalDreaming in the name - "KeithDigitalDreaming@gmail.com" for example, list them on the website and then we can confirm them that way.
Keith

Postby Ian » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:58 pm

Keith wrote:I think this might be good, and just have them email that they want to open an account; though I don't know that our DD emails are still active. I haven't logged into mine in a long time. We could always create gmail accounts with DigitalDreaming in the name - "KeithDigitalDreaming@gmail.com" for example, list them on the website and then we can confirm them that way.

Funny story: DigitalDreamingAdmins at gmail.com is already registered to someone else.

That said, I can include a central e-mail address in the e-mail that goes out to all registering users to let them know: "Hey, if you're a real human, e-mail us at account X and we'll get your account approved faster." In the interests of making that happen, I created DigitalDreamingDMTeam at the same place. If DMs want to send me e-mail addresses, I'll share its credentials with you, as well as configure the account so you can each access it through your own GMail accounts (for those of you that have GMail; others will have to log into it directly to check it). Once we've got it linked to all DMs, I'll flip the switch on admin account approval.

On a side note, Mollom seems to be slowing, but not stopping, the spam flood to the site nodes, but as expected, it's having no effect on the forum spam or spam account creation. Hopefully this next move will do better.
Ian

Postby Failbhe » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:15 am

Yes, I deleted 100+ new spam accounts on Sunday and have been deleting 30ish a day of the 'NikeShoeShop' and 'Pradastoremegablast' variety. Approvals for accounts will be great I think personally.
Makin - 6th lvl (Cleric of Amaunator 5 / Combat Medic 1)
Ogmios Vox - 1st lvl (Bard 1)
Fios-Khelek Heru (Grunt Ka Thunk) - 20th (Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 / Frostmage 4 / Arcane Trickster 10)
Failbhe

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:04 pm

This is also listed in site help section, but for those wanting to discuss things, I'll re-post it here.

The new site is still a work in process, but the chat rooms are now functional. For those wondering where everyone is hanging out these days, the address is:

http://www.digitaldreamings.org

You will need to register there, but once registered you can log into any of the chatrooms. There are a few changes that should be pointed out right away:
- The PM checkboxes automatically clear after a post is sent. (You have been warned. *g*)
- The dice rolled was imported from a different gaming site. For the time being it's not formatted for d20, but it will roll dice. Players will need to send modifiers and description separately for the time being.

We don't have a mapping program set up yet for this new site. But it is possible to use a map from the current site. Just log into any of the rooms here, click on the map for the room, then send the link for that room to everyone in your current game.

The old site here seems to get glitchy when people hang out over a period of time. So if you just log in to grab a map or to get daily xp, you shouldn't have any problems with being blocked out.
I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Jiriki » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:24 am

So, when are we getting OUR stuff on there instead of the VtM stuff? No offence.. but I get PTSD seeing that layout.
Jiriki

Previous

Return to Community News