Outpost Weir

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Outpost Weir

Postby Xairren » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:33 pm

Outpost Weir

Outpost Weir is the result of merchant Nife Shadowwalker’s efforts to carve out a piece of the northern frontier for himself. Rumor has it that it is just the beginning as well.

The outpost is located some forty-five miles north of Silverymoon. It is reached by taking the trail from Silverymoon toward the Silverymoon Pass. Turn north and follow the fork towards the Moonwoods. On the east side of the trail’s fork to the Moonlands and Moonwood is the Outpost Weir.

The outpost is located on top of a large triangular shaped hilltop (points west) that over looks the main trail. A smaller trail has been cut into the scrub brush and trees on the east side of the hill. From it you can reach the gate of the outpost. Directly east of the outpost a path leads to a small shack built at the base of a hill there. This is the entrance to the outpost’s coal mine.

Surrounding the outpost is a 12 to 15 foot high wooden palisade running around top edge of the hilltop with simple wooden towers at each point of the triangle (west, northeast, & southeast) and one above the gate in the center of the east wall. The gate is actually set back into the outpost some twenty feet. Directly above this entry area is a gate guard tower. The floor of the tower has several small ‘murder’ holes.

Within the outpost is a simple street running west from the gate to the center of the hilltop.

The outpost barracks are located just inside the gate on the north side of the street. The barracks houses thirty guardsmen. A hard warrior named Nigal leads them.

Just to the west of the barracks (and north of the street) is a large building housing the Traders Inn. Inside is an inn and trading post (max 10gp items) run by Marcon and his wife Nancy. Their young son Waylon is known to dodge chores to listen to stories in the common room when he can avoid being caught. A few rooms for rent are upstairs.

West of the gate and south of the road is a large barn. Fenced pens take up most of the area behind the barn and the other buildings on the south side of the street. The outpost residents share the duties of caring for the animals here.

West of the barn (and south of the street) is a smaller shack where the miners live and several timbers that are being cut to be used in the coal mine. Behind the shack is a small, but growing pile of coal. The dwarven engineer Thar keeps the new mining operation running smoothly.

West of the miner’s shack (and south of the street) are several tanning racks and a small shack belonging to the hunters that help to feed the outpost. Amra, a human of elven heritage, is in charge of the hunters, but is rarely found within the outpost walls. The hunters also act as scouts and bowmen for the outpost.

West of the hunter’s shack is the outpost’s blacksmith’s forge and home of Pardir and his assistants.

At the end of the street (located at the center of the triangle) is the best built building found in the outpost. It is a small temple to Mielikki. The area west of the temple is slowly being turned into a beautiful glade. The centerpiece of the glade is a small weirwood tree that has begun to grow vigorously there. Nym, a young human with a passion for Mielikki, cared for the temple and glade, but he was recently murdered by werewolves. He has yet to be replaced.

Others have been attacked by the werewolves on occason as well.
Xairren

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:35 pm

Okay, so.. we have a party that routs the goblins.. kills most, some of them fleeing.. and the Sunday continuation flopped because only 4/8 players showed/could make it

Where do we stand now?

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:35 am

I think there are quite a few of us who are wondering what the current state of this one is. If there is to be a continuation (as verses just a wrap up), when would be a good time for everyone? Personally I won't be available until either 11:00pm EST Tuesday-Thursday, or until Friday afternoon. HOw about everyone else?
I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Jiriki » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:21 am

I did turn up... but no one else was on. And I tried to talk to Xai too... But there was no answer... Can we actually set this up for a proper date? I'm available pretty much when ever, I just need 24 hours notice.
Jiriki

Postby Xairren » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:27 am

Lets try Wed evening at 8pm central (6pm chat)
Xairren

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:03 am

8:00 CST = 9:EST which means I'm still at work. :cry: I'll try to get out of work early, but that's only going to get me home 2 hours after you guys start instead of 3 hours late. *sigh* But I know you have a lot of schedules to work around, so do what you can. I'll be there when I can.
I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Dalabrac » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:14 pm

wednesday works for me I'm available most nights around that time anyway

and I appologize for my departure the other night 4 am comes quick when you get to bed at 1
Dalabrac

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:50 pm

So.. in the meantime, we're free to RP anywhere, or are we still on hold in Weir?

Postby ilanian » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:59 pm

Quick question about the next session: Will we be starting in the middle of the combat we were in at the end of the 2nd session, or have other events happened that will cause us to be past that point?
Necromancy:
Helping to lessen our dependency on the funereal industrial complex.

Reduce
Reuse
Reanimate
ilanian

Postby Jiriki » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:49 pm

Thats 2am UK time if I worked out right?
Jiriki

Postby Shandiir » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:34 pm

6pm Wednesday chat time is 11am Thursday here in Melbourne Aus. I will be at work, but will try and sneak my laptop in :) If not DM is free to run me as required.
Shandiir

Return to In Character Roleplaying