Recent Squirrel Developments

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Recent Squirrel Developments

Postby Foxboy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:32 pm

Samuel reports to the improptu squirrel board, after gathering information, questioning, and conversing with folks at the Glade, that he has found out that Wolf Rock is actually titled Coyote Rock.

And that he knows where Coyote rock is.

He posts a note in the Blade, the dancing goat if they allow him, and with the squirrel board that he is seeking 3 to 4 others that are willing to travel with him to solve this squirrel promblem.

Please seek questions for details with Samuel Rains or leave messeges for him with the tender or squirrel board if needed to meet or be contacted.
Foxboy

Postby Foxboy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:08 pm

(Tim aka is looking for a group of 4-5 including Sam to run this scene. Once we have people ready and signed up, we will ask mothra which day is good for him to run this trek to Coyote Rock.)
Foxboy

Postby Foxboy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:32 pm

Sam also posts a note about the above in the glade as well.

OOC: I should have included this in the first post, but like an idiot I forgot...sorry ^^;
Foxboy

Postby Foxboy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:59 pm

OOC: Here is the awesome and absolutely funny RP of the old man that gave Sam his info (on a result of gather Information 1d20+1=20 mind you) by Tim aka mothra

---

"Nah, nah, you lunker-skull. Thar ain't no WOLF rock!" he chuckles, clearly remembering....something from sometime. "Ye see, it all went a like this; Ye talk to an Uthgardtian, an he'll tell ye, that Silverymoon twas once a place war, the most beautiful o' maidens would get tergether and bathe. Right thar in the river. Ye can still see the spot, they built that there brothel by it. But surfice ter say that they was thar, and they was a sight ter be seen. Course back in those days, all o the priestesses o nature were maidens, by requirement ye see. So in-ev-itably there would include a few of these priestesses. So, anyway, this was the era when allllll the spirits o nature still wandered the earth. Twas a very spiritual time, I suppose. Cause of all the nature. But I digress. Among them of course was the trixter, Coyote. Now, he's a cousin of Wolf, who at that time was having a dispute with their mutual cousin Wolverine over hunting right in the forest. But that's definitely a different story. Back to Coyote though, he loved to go a-lopin through the woods and valleys and hill and dales of the land, laughing and crying out in glee. Now, an one of those particular days, he happened upon this here river. I believe he had his son, a lil coyot' cub with him, was showing him all the lands. And he happened upon this scene here. At the river. Well, before they a-realize what's goin on, there's those two coyotes, which in those days were a might more conspicuous cause of their size, sittin, tails a waggin, tongues a lollin out. Now, this didn't sit too well with the priestesses what were in attendance fer the river washin. And so Coyote, and son, got turned inter stone." he nods emphatically at that point, as if this concluded the story, having forgotten somewhere in between about how this was supposed to help.

"The lesson of course bein', don't you bother ladies in their baths!" he chuckles, now remembering the point. "You can still see the stones to this day. Course, they've been movin e'er since, swhy there aren't two conspicuously large boulders to be seen in these environs. No, they've been a-lured back by the baying of all Coyote's other children, when they howl the moon. Howling Moon, is the day they call it, naturally. An so those rocks the get a rollin on back to their homelands, up in the spiritual realm. Which happens to be found at the source of any river. So they've been makin their way upstream from Silvermoon fer the last couple of eras or so. Would be hard to find, cept one thing; They were so taken by the sight of so many naked lasses, tha whenever they do travel, the stop in full view of some secluded bend in the river. There they wait out the year, an spy on all the bathin' ladies that happen by. So if ye' want ter find Coyote rock, ye just gotta follow the river north, and search the bluffs alongside fer two rascally looking boulders without moss. Hope that helps yah feller." he nods, though looks eager should Samuel ply him for more local information and legends, of which he seems to possess a wealth.
Foxboy

Postby Foxboy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:31 pm

OOC: Okay Timothra, Kiki and Trebor have agreed to come with Sam. Just need one or two more! ^^
Foxboy

Postby Stam » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:53 pm

Susanna, making some cursory inquiries to find out if anyone else was mobbed by squirrels who left claw-marks, a golden nut and some very cryptic directions, just might find one of Sam's signs...
Stam

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:44 pm

After witnessing Susanna talking to the squirrels, Ellyaun is curious enough to do some inquiries about this. She would be interested accompanying a group to investigate this, assuming timing and whatnot worked out.

OOC: I'm normally available after midnight EST, though Fridays and Saturdays I'm home most of the day.
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Foxboy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:57 pm

OOC: And Tal also Joins Sam's journey group by word of mouth.

And Susanne makes 5. Ellyaun makes 6.

---

IC: Samuel is please with the response. And attaches to his first notice another one, at the places where the first notices were posted.

He leaves a time and place to meet together to discuss details and possible head out if enough people show up to this first meeting.

---

OOC: Timothra, when is a good date and time to run this for you?

I do ask we do this after sam gets defeated in the melee tournament.

My work schedule is odd all I can do is post weekly when I am free thrusday onwards, but this monday, tuesday, and wednesday of this week I know I am free.

And friday in the afternoon is good for me too.

Tim , was this scene where no levels mattered? Sam is about level 3. I think everyone is near his level. What is everyone's level?
Last edited by Foxboy on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Foxboy

Postby Stam » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:44 pm

OoC: The tournament stuff is all backdated - regardless of timing, you were there when it happened.
Last edited by Stam on Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stam

Postby Foxboy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:51 pm

OOC: Ah okay, nevermind then on the tournament thing then.
Foxboy

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:49 pm

It looks as though any date will work. I don't need a DM to watch, so just find a time when all of you want to do it, and I will accomodate y'all. Just make it known what the average level of the party and what classes y'all will be, so I can make it a fun encounter.

I'm actually thinking of making the trip into a little multi-session thing, as stuff should happen on the way there. So, a time that each person can make week-ly, or several times in the near future when we can get together is highly preferred.

It's basically your show right now, foxboy. Make it so.

Postby Foxboy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:29 pm

OOC: Lets try for this friday. Chat time 5 PM.

Samuel - level 3 monk

If you haven't posted if the above time is good for you or level of character I ask you do so.

Also we have a possible scene of a level range 1 to 5. When I began recruit I thought level didn't matter, but it looks like I am wrong.

I am just afraid of the level 1 characters dying and all.

Thoughts about this?
Last edited by Foxboy on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxboy

Postby Stam » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:33 pm

I asked Mothra...she said no problem with the level differences.

I can never make Friday scenes, though. Sabbath for me :)
Last edited by Stam on Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stam

Postby Foxboy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:43 pm

OOC: Sweet, well then we just need to on at the same time then.

Okay, how about Saturday then? 5 pm chat time?
Foxboy

Postby Stam » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:42 am

(Likely more doable...should be able to make that.)
Last edited by Stam on Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stam

Next

Return to In Character Roleplaying