One Night at Sambiir's Shop.

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

One Night at Sambiir's Shop.

Postby Azmon » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:12 pm

As the still bruised man returns home to his shop there's a loud crash from inside. Quickly opening the door, he sees Ibi's precious "pretty" mask that she had been working hard on lying less then a foot away, cracked and broken, a sign of things to come. Stepping carefully inside the shop he sees the small elf standing, almost fully for once and in no more physical pain it seems, in the hallway facing him. Her head is down and hair covers most of her face, but a few tears are still able to be seen hitting the floor. Her club sits in one hand, the end shattered and splintered and looking quite dangerous.

Slipping back to elven she speaks in a sad tone, "Why?, why you hurt me Sambiir? You know you no suppose to fight at Tiri's."

Before he can answer though the elven woman growls and looks up at him anger burning in her wet eyes, lunges at him smacking the man with her club, and sending him to the ground. She doesn't waste anytime and is on top of him, this time in not the usual loving manner. Ibi holds the splintered end of the club over Sambiir's face like a sacrifical dagger, ready to plunge at any moment, and screams at him.

{E}"Why?! You help me fix!, You say you help get revenge or..or I smash face!"

Only looking carefully will reveal there to be slightest hint of remorse, though it's hard to see as she sits there in a demonic manner, unblinking with cold eyes boring holes into him, and sending a shiver down his spine as she waits for an answer.
Azmon

Re: One Night at Sambiir's Shop.

Postby tachus » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:22 am

His eyes widen, not in shock but in anger, as arcane sparks fly over his eyes. He leans up slightly, grabbing her wrist to push it aside so he doesnt get stabbed in the process.

"You think I asked for this!? I cast that spell in hopes of stopping them before it got out of hand! You want to blame someone, then go point your stick at Genril or Tahiri for not helping earlier!"

He shoves her hand aside, lying back down and scowls off to the side, his eyes continuing to spark but lessening in ferocity slightly.

"Now get off of me. I want revenge, but for us not just you. You don't like that then you might as well smash my face in now and get it over with."
"Oderint Dum Metuant" - Emperor Caligula

"Experience is not what happens to a man; It is what a man does with what happens to him." - Aldous Huxley

PCs: Sambiir TaKorc-Wands, Vairc Delvaux, Kell Ironclaw, Zander Stormwave
tachus

Postby Azmon » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:58 pm

{E}"Why? I see you hurt, that why I give you choice, but no magic at Tiri's and you still use!"

She takes a deep breath exhaling slowly, {E}"I not care about Genril, I no ask him for help and he say no, but Tiri did. I get Tiri for that!"

The club comes down next to Sambiir's head with a loud bang as a crack rips through the base of the club and red sparks fly everywhere. Ibi stops and looks a bit astonished for a moment while the room fades dim once more.
{E}"You have small part, but you still have fault. You should have left men alone!"

A tear can be felt as it hits the man's cheek, must have been an involuntary one though as Ibi pulls her fist back and bashes him in the chest.
{E}"You smart! Next time you think first!"

With that she gets off him, feet thumping can be heard as the elf runs to her room and slams the door shut.
Azmon

Postby tachus » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:09 am

He rubs his chest as he sits up then stands, glancing down at the broken bone mask. He bends over gathering the pieces together and waves his hand over them, mutting a minor spell to fix it. He inhales sharply as he realizes a piece was missing, leaving the area around the right eye missing the bones, still showing as cracked slightly with the dark black velvet lining showing underneath. He smirks slightly at the way it looks, the dark mystery breaking through the 'pretty mask', finally showing its true colors. He stares at the mask a moment, slowly turning into glaring.

He shifts his head towards the door Ibi just stomped through. He turns towards it walking calmly towards it, still glaring. Then suddenly he points his finger at the lock growling slsihgtly as his spell freezes the metal before suddenly kicking it open causing the now brittle metal to shatter, falling to the ground with a sound similar to rain before it crunches under his steps as he stomps to Ibi, arcane fires sparking from his eyes once again.

"Damn it Ibi! It's not just you that's hurting! Get that through your head. If you think that I meant for all this to happen then maybe you don't really care about me."

He turns starting to leave, before stopping and throwing the mask at her feet, still looking at the door.

"If you don't trust me, then you might as well just leave now then."

"Experience is not what happens to a man; It is what a man does with what happens to him." - Aldous Huxley

tachus

Fire and Eyes

Postby Stam » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 pm

The argument between the young couple was rather rudely interrupted by the arrival of not one, but five ugly-looking critters about a foot in diameter, with a large central eye and several smaller eyes on stalks.

A brief staring contest commenced, which the multiple-eyed newcomers clearly having the upper hand in this - and then Sambiir started the fight by whipping off a quick, colorful spell, hoping to blind several of them.

Things went downhill from there rapidly. Ibi's closet was quickly set on fire then as quickly doused by two separate spells, after which the Eyeball Beholderkin managed to get lucky and sent her running for the window. Sambiir then took the brunt of their assault - managing to set Ibi's bed on fire as well - which finally culminated in a terrific explosion as the last three of them killed themselves. Apparently the gasses that fill them are (or can be) somewhat flammable.

Ibi and Sambiir both fled from the room and, grabbing up what they could, from the house - only to meet the local impromptu fire brigade at their own front door.

The fire was put out fairly swiftly, but not before Ibi's room was completely destroyed and the adjoining room damaged severely. As the two sifted through the room's contents, they found that most of Sambiir's valuable stuff had survived the experience, although two of his favorite tomes now had watermarks and four others retained the strong odor of close proximity to a large fire. Not much was destroyed, and for that he was thankful.

Of course, after they had given their report, a messenger came bearing a scroll sealed with the House Wands crest and a small heavy pouch. The message was brief and acidic, suggesting that Sambiir get on with rebuilding and ensure that next time he was better prepared to deal with such situations.

[GP and Xp have been sent. All the GP is on Sambiir's sheet, though, and it is up to him to decide where it will go.]
Stam

Postby tachus » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:33 am

Sambiir will grumble slightly about his books, but at least they survived. Upon seeing the note however he will start scowling and be slightly more irritated as he continues cleaning up the mess.

((can I get an idea of how much gold it was? heh... Seeing he has to replace Ibi's wardrobe and all, it would be helpful))

tachus

Return to In Character Roleplaying