Sybarate

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Sybarate

Postby Xairren » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:24 am

Fiendish Xairren
    The small merchant ship is ready to sail with the tide. The captian even has the offering to the Bitch Queen ready at the railing. A few sailors also have coins in hand to toss into the water. "Get aboard. We need to catch the wind before it is waisted."
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri arrives in plenty of time, and will gladly get onboard as ordered by the captain.
Charles Staffson
    "Miryia are you should you wish to come....are you not still getting use to your new elvish body?"
Jav
    Jav grins as he salutes the captain. "Ready and able sir, what would you have me do?"
Charles Staffson
    "Miryia are you SURE^ you wish to come....are you not still getting use to your new elvish body?"
Fiendish Xairren
    Humps, "Give a hand with the boarding plank"
Miryia Sheydaress
    I'm fairly used to it. Why? Do you not want me to come?
Jav
    Jav nods and quickly busies himself.
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe is at the docks at sunrise, and willing to help out with whatever tasks need to be completed.
Krussel
    Krussel walks to the boat somewhat hesitantly, repetedly reminding himself that lives may be in danger...
Charles Staffson
    "I will not be foolish and impede your wishes Miryia...I wish to make certain you fully up for it is all. "
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri deposits her meager belongings in her quarters, wherever they may be, and then returns to the deck to watch the waters.
Miryia Sheydaress
    She nods, "Well with Tahiri gone I can't ask for my job at The Three Stars, so I might as well join you. I'll try to be more careful this time."
Charles Staffson
    Chalres nods and gets on the boat.
Selenius Melshimber
    *Selenius shows up with a small scroll for Shuri, about what he knows about the cave of echoes.. but sadly can't join up for this adventure. His Aunt strictly said he was needed in the city for now.*
Charles Staffson
    Chalres offers his dark wood map case to Shuri, to keep the scroll dry.
Jav
    Jav quickly rushes back to the Captain, looking the most comfortable and at home he's been in months. "Aye Cap'n, it's done."
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia steps on board and looks for a quiet place to sit.
Charles Staffson
    Chalres takes a floatation bladder to Miryia's waist, and one around his own.
Krussel
    Krussel is the last aboard. He quickly goes down to his room.
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri takes the scroll. "Thank you, and I'll make sure we let you know how everything works out."
Charles Staffson
    Chalres ties^ a floatation bladder to Miryia's waist, and one around his own.
Charles Staffson
    Chalres offers his dark wood map case to Shuri, to keep the scroll dry.
Charles Staffson
    Chalres suggest that he and Miryia get their quarters room set up.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Go ahead dear. I'm going to stay on deck for a bit longer.
Shuri Kajevic
    She puts the scrolls in a slot of her bandoleer for later use. "Thank you Charles, but I can manage."
Shuri Kajevic
    *scroll
Masambe Telsimba
    As the ship is getting on it's way, Masambe looks around at the group gathered for the trip, and sighs softly, shaking his head.
Fiendish Xairren
    (fast forwarding a bit) Free from the dock the little ship bounces out to sea and turns south outsie the harbor. With the stong wind the small isle of Sybarate is in sight late in the afternoon. A high hill on the south end of the small isle is covered in a small forest. The rest of the isle is made up of many small farms. A village takes shelter on the east side of the isle, it is here where the ship docks quickly. The little village is simple but clean. Two large manors can be easily seen. One near the docks and the other overlooking the town.
Jav
    Jav smiles as he helps with the boarding plank.
Jav
    He turns to the Captain. "It's been an honor serving on your ship sir. A fine vessel she is, she is." His voice seems much richer and slower, that of a sailor.
Shuri Kajevic
    She enjoys the day onboard, but is also eager to get back on firm land. "Well that wasn't a long trip at all."
Fiendish Xairren
    Nods "There you go folks, I'll be back this way in a few days time if your wanting to go back to Waterdeep then."
Charles Staffson
    Chalres exists the ship and thanks the cap'n. "Where should head now? "
Krussel
    Krussel is one of the first off the boat...
Masambe Telsimba
    Picking up his pack, Masambe walks off the ship, and begins looking around the area.
Shuri Kajevic
    As she walks down the plank, "I would imagine we might find some answers in town."
Jav
    With tears in his eyes Jav steps off of the ship with the group.
Fiendish Xairren
    The villagers unload tools and other simple mercandise, then load wheels of goat cheese and grains.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Hopefully. Following Charles and exiting the ship.
Krussel
    Krussel seems calmer as soon as his boots touch the ground. He looks around the village.
Shuri Kajevic
    So do we have anyone in particular we should be talking to? she'll ask the group before people start going their own ways.
Charles Staffson
    "Perhaps they have a mayor or town council "
Fiendish Xairren
    Like so many others "the Mill House" tavern gets its name from the grinding wheel that makes the flour for the village below its common room.
Masambe Telsimba
    That would be a good place to start.
Krussel
    Krussel follows the others after making sure he has all his epquipment from the ship.
Fiendish Xairren
    A few villagers watch but do not approach the odd group (all of you).
Jav
    Should anyone approach them? What's the native language here?
Shuri Kajevic
    From my understanding of things, most times it's the barkeeps that have useful information. And if we're planning on staying here for the night, we might want to get rooms here anyway. Yes, she knows she makes any group look odd. But there's not a lot that can be done about it. So why bother trying? *g*
Masambe Telsimba
    That sounds like a decent idea. Masambe does a quick head count. "So, there are six of us. Anyone have a problem with sharing rooms, or preferred arrangements?"
Jav
    Jav nods. "Look for the one with the largest sign."
Miryia Sheydaress
    I'll share one with Charles of course.
Fiendish Xairren
    Inside the dusty tavern you find a few men nursing mugs of ale. One stands. "Look at this, we have company." An older, better dressed man searches the group for a moment then returns to his mug with a quite moan.
Krussel
    I'm fine sharing a room with whoever...
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe nods to Miryia. "Anyone else?"
Jav
    I think we outta let Shuri and Masambe share a room, them knowing each other, and I've no qualms with sharing one with the dwarf. He says lazily as he walks into the tavern with them.
Shuri Kajevic
    While people discuss arrangements Shuri looks towards the town proper and slowly starts walking that way. Slowly, cautiously, with Nanaki in tow.
Masambe Telsimba
    After hearing from pretty much everyone, Masambe heads towards the largest tavern/inn in the village (perhaps the only one?). Once there, he looks for the bar/innkeeper.
Krussel
    Krussel gives an offended glance at Jav, "Oy, What's wrong with sharing a room with The Dwarf
Charles Staffson
    Charles follows the group the tavern
Jav
    Absolutely nothing, which is why I said I've no qualms. You're not really a people person are you? Jav says cheerily.
Fiendish Xairren
    Slipping on a dusty apron, "Come in, come in." "Ale? Goats Milk? Chilled in the stream."
Masambe Telsimba
    Approaching the bartender, "ale would be fine, good sir. And, could you tell me if you have any rooms to rent, at least for the night?"
Charles Staffson
    Charles buys a rouds of goats milk for the everyone in the tavern, hoping the town folks warm up to Charles and his allies.
Krussel
    I don' mind talkin... It's jus 'at my name is Krussel, not The Dwarf... although, aye, I happen ta be a dwarf...
Masambe Telsimba
    Quietly, Masambe politely refuses the milk ordered for him by Charles.
Fiendish Xairren
    rooms? Just the one. Pick a table, one copper each for the night.
Jav
    Jav nods at Krussel apologetically and then beckoning him to follow, takes a seat next to the well dressed man. "Hello there!" He says with a large smile.
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri walks into the room and finds a table large enough for the group. "Will this do?" she asks the others.
Charles Staffson
    Charles gives the man 1 cp for the room, and asks for the key.
Jav
    Jav taps a copper on the table.
Fiendish Xairren
    Key? He looks confused. "Sorry lad, just this one room for every one. The fire will keep you warm though."
Charles Staffson
    Charles nods
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe, about to speak to the bartender, closes his mouth abruptly, lays down coin for his 'room' and his ale, and walks over to where Shuri is sitting.
Shuri Kajevic
    ((How many other people are in this room besides us?))
Krussel
    I'll take an ale, but I don't need a 'bed'... Meh armor'd probably scratch yer table... Krussel says, handing the barkeep a few coins..."
Fiendish Xairren
    (barkeep and two other men, plus party)
Charles Staffson
    Charles joins the others at the table.
Jav
    Jav simply smiles as the old man sips his drink, staring at him. "Is the drink good?"
Fiendish Xairren
    Feches the ale and milk. "So what brings you folks here?"
Fiendish Xairren
    The old man gives Jav a sour look.
Charles Staffson
    "Rumors of the blessing giving caves and the couple the disappeared looking for it. "
Jav
    Jav notices how well dressed the man is, and he gets rather red in the face when he realized how poorly dressed he is. He straightens up. "If I may take a moment of your time sir, I've heard rumors of disappearing children?"
Fiendish Xairren
    Nods knowingly, "Well you wont be the first to search for them, but how did you hear about it?"
Charles Staffson
    "A sun elf priest of Corellon Larethian, told us about it. "
Shuri Kajevic
    She clears her throat and tries to join in the conversation. "How long have they been missing now, if I may ask?"
Fiendish Xairren
    The barkeep chews on that for a moment, "Why would..?" The gentleman says to Jav, "My son is a young man, not a child. He has been missing a month. Lost to us all. Gone." He ruturns gloomly to his drink.
Fiendish Xairren
    The barkeep shakes his head, "Well never mind. Those kids took off in the middle of the night." Whispers, "Probably stowed away on a ship heading out."
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe listens, quietly.
Krussel
    Krussel takes a long drink of his ale as he listens.
Miryia Sheydaress
    What quarrel did you have with the girl's parents that would drive them both away?
Fiendish Xairren
    The bartender sits back down beside the other men. "You don't know that. They could be back today." Sighs. "You know there are some that say the cave took them away to live free." Nods to the other two men as he says this. "Everyone has looked in the cave. Not there. But you folks go ahead and look too. Tis up under the garden on the south end of the isle here."
Charles Staffson
    "Is there any where in town where I can get a map of the isle?"
Shuri Kajevic
    She listens to them, and thinks on that for a moment. "This cave.. Why is it involved? Do people go there often?"
Fiendish Xairren
    The bartender looks between the two men. "Old foolish feuds. Not sure anyone remembers how it got started."
Fiendish Xairren
    Map? Sonny tis only a small isle. Few hours to walk across it and a day to walk the length of it.
Jav
    Is there some magic word we say to open the cave? Like the old Calshite tales? Jav asks excitedly?
Fiendish Xairren
    Oh no, you just wonder in and it tells you to ask. He shrughs, "Sometims it will help folks out if they need it enough."
Charles Staffson
    "Thank you. "
Shuri Kajevic
    I think I would like to visit this cave myself. There should be plenty of daylight left. Anyone else want to come?
Masambe Telsimba
    I will go with you.
Jav
    Jav nods and stands up.
Miryia Sheydaress
    We should check it at various times. Night may be dangerous but could give us a clue.
Charles Staffson
    "I as well will come. "
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri heads out to this cave, her wolf happily limping along beside her.
Fiendish Xairren
    The many small farms often great you with barking dogs, but noone else stops you and no dragons block your path to the cave.
Jav
    Did you guys enjoy the boat ride as much as I did?
Fiendish Xairren
    A well worn path leads to a cave under the forested hill top above. Flowers even grow to either side of the entrance that look as if they are tended from time to time.
Jav
    So nice to be out on the Sea once more. Haven't been since... He is silent.
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe shrugs. "It was a boat ride. Decent view, but nothing spectacular."
Miryia Sheydaress
    It was relaxing Jav.
Shuri Kajevic
    She walks up to the cave's entrance, kneeling to get a better look at the ground.
"Masambe Telsimba
    That is a question you should have asked before we left Waterdeep, if it truly concerns you.'
    Jav Do you think we'll be paid?""
"
Masambe Telsimba
    Once there, Masambe joins Shuri in searching for tracks.
Jav
    Jav chuckles. "I couldn't let children die with good conscious."
Charles Staffson
    Charles gets a flower into his hand and place in red hair of Miryia as they travel.
Krussel
    Krussel follows the others quietly.
Masambe Telsimba
    If they have been missing for a month with no trace, either they will not be found here on the island, or all we will find are their bodies.
Fiendish Xairren
    (light souces?)
Shuri Kajevic
    After she is satisfied the earth will reveal no more, she stands and walks into the cave. "At the very least I'm hoping we can find an explanation, good or bad."
Jav
    Aren't you little miss sunshine... Jav mutters. He pulls out his hooded lantern from his backpack and after a few minutes lights it.
Fiendish Xairren
    A natural tunnel leads into the hill side with a gental rise. It is dusty and covered with tracks. As you follow it, you hear more and more echos coming back to you.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia tucks the flower into her hair and casts a light spell upon it.
Charles Staffson
    [has an glowing orb, 60 feet radius of light from charles ]
Masambe Telsimba
    I am realistic. Either they will not be found, or they will not be found alive. My hope is that we can discover evidence of their leaving this island, not the world entirely.
Jav
    ((60 feet of shadowy illumination from jav, 30 feet of clear illumination))
Krussel
    Krussel moves up to the front, staying at the edge of light for his darkvision to work. He seem MUCH hapier underground than he was on the ship...
Fiendish Xairren
    Some 60 feet in the tunnel opens into a vertical cylinder some 40 ft in diamater and rising 60 ft to the ceiling. Every sound here echos loudly. Inlaid in the dust free, smoth black floor, in common is the word, "ASK"
Krussel
    Krussel holds a hand out to stop the others as he looks at the floor.
Jav
    Javs eyes wander around the cave. They rest on the word. He looks at the group for confirmation. "Should we ask where the children are? The cave is supposedly magical."
Charles Staffson
    [ [knowledge religion, maybe Charles knows something about this in his lessons as a lad. ]] - Dice Roll (1d20+3): 10, +3 Total: 13
Shuri Kajevic
    Once the party reaches the room, Shuri pulls out the scroll that Selenius gave her and rereads it. "According to this, if someone says the name of what they want, the magic of this place will give it to them. But, a voice is supposed to declare 'Ask' first."
Fiendish Xairren
    Each spoken word echos back
Masambe Telsimba
    Better to ask where the couple are. Children is not the best description of them, as they were described as being of marrying age.
Jav
    Jav clears his throught. "Shall I do it then?"
Fiendish Xairren
    a voice replies "Ask"
Charles Staffson
    Charles blinks and stares in curious wonder.
Jav
    The couple that came into this cave.
Shuri Kajevic
    She steps back out of the unnatural room for a moment.
Jav
    Jav holds his breath in hope.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Be careful what you ask. as she herself thinks of the proper question.
Fiendish Xairren
    Jav's voice like the rest echos back
Jav
    Jav releases his breath. "anyone else want to try?"
Shuri Kajevic
    Maybe it's not that specific. This isn't supposed to be that powerful of magic.
Jav
    Jav lets his thoughts wander. "Could I ask for a boat?"
Fiendish Xairren
    in the backgound of the echos "You may" "They may" "You may ask"
Shuri Kajevic
    Possibly, but I don't know that it would help. The example that Selenius gave is like a peasant might get a load of bread.
Krussel
    Where is the young couple that entered this cave? The dwarf asks aloud.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Jav if you end out in the middle of the sea swimming over a sunken boat, don't expect me to save you. chuckling at her own comment.
Fiendish Xairren
    The echo replys, "Safe"
Jav
    Well that helped. Jav said with a smile to Krussel. "We know they are alive. Now we just wait till it says we can ask again."
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe speaks up for the first time. "Specifically, what are you?"
Charles Staffson
    "May I know how to travel to the young that came here a month ago and know the way back so they may be to the parents that miss them both very much? "
Krussel
    MORADIN'S BEARD I asked where, not how! Krussel roars into the darkness.
Fiendish Xairren
    The Cave of Echos, just as created
Charles Staffson
    "May I know how to travel to the young that came here a month ago and know the way back so they may be led^ back^ to the parents that miss them both very much? "
Jav
    Jav laughs. "Don't overload the cave of wonders folks."
Fiendish Xairren
    The echos roll back at Krussels shout louder by a score (Fort saves all, DC 14)
Charles Staffson
    Chalres nods and falls silent.
Charles Staffson
    [ fort] - Dice Roll (1d20+8): 7, +8 Total: 15
Jav
    Jav claps his his hands to his ears and falls down.
Krussel
    Oops... Krussel says with a shrug in way of an apology, barely louder than a whisper.
Masambe Telsimba
    Once the echoes are gone, "perhaps you should not shout," Masambe says quietly.
Charles Staffson
    [ Charles tries to awaken Jav. [heal check to se what is wrong with jav]] - Dice Roll (1d20+4): 1, +4 Total: 5
Jav
    Jav stands up and shakes his head. He says in an insanely loud voice "I CANT HEAR"
Charles Staffson
    Charles knows nothing of hin health and steps away after he kneel and could not think of thing to do....he backs away slowly
Fiendish Xairren
    The echos roll back at Jav's shout louder by a score (Fort saves all, DC 14)
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri clasps her hands over her ears and the sounds reverberate around the room. "Don't do that," she mutters as she falls to her knees.
Charles Staffson
    [ fort] - Dice Roll (1d20+4): 18, +4 Total: 22
Charles Staffson
    Charles rips some extra cloth from his scarf and stuffs it in his ear.
Krussel
    Krussel puts a finger to his mouth in way of a silent 'shh' to Jav, then moves closer.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia growls as she rings out her elven ears, "Shout again and I swear I'll clock you."
Jav
    Jav frowns and realizes his mistake. He shakes his head in shame.
Charles Staffson
    "How do we return the children safely to their parents?" Charles asks calmly when the echoes state "ASK" asks
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri crawls out of the echo chamber on knees and elbows, whispering something to the wolf that sends it running out towards the entrance. Once she is safely somewhere up the hall, she finally lets go of her ears.
Fiendish Xairren
    Every little sound seems to bring fouth louder echos as you all seem to wait for what is next "They do not desire to return"
Krussel
    How do we find them? Krussel whispers.
Fiendish Xairren
    Follow your own desire
Masambe Telsimba
    Speaking barely above a whisper, "what proof can we give to their families so that all will know for certain that they are safe?"
Jav
    Jav sets his knocked over lantern upright.
Fiendish Xairren
    faith
Charles Staffson
    "Do the children know they are missed by their parents who regret the fued?"
Miryia Sheydaress
    Good thing to have. Whispering to Charles, "Did I miss anything?"
Krussel
    How do we get a straight answer from ye... Krussel mutters...
Masambe Telsimba
    That is not an answer to my question. Faith, by definition, is not proof. How do we know that you are telling us the truth?
Fiendish Xairren
    ask with your heart
Charles Staffson
    "Do the children know they are missed by their parents who regret the fued?"
Fiendish Xairren
    faith
Fiendish Xairren
    no
Jav
    Jav stands up and shakes his head. "Can we let them know?"
Masambe Telsimba
    I ask you to inform the couple that their parents will end the feud and allow them to be together if they return home.
Fiendish Xairren
    they know
Shuri Kajevic
    Now that the louder representatives of society seem to be speaking in normal tones again, Shuri cautiously returns to the echo room.
Fiendish Xairren
    no
Miryia Sheydaress
    Hmm.. Can you see the desires that lie in someones heart?
Fiendish Xairren
    truth is truth
Charles Staffson
    "How do I tell the children that they missed by their parents and that the parents regret the fued."
Jav
    This obviously isn't working.
Krussel
    Krussel raises his holy symbol and stares into the darkness. "How do we find the children?"
Fiendish Xairren
    they have no need
Fiendish Xairren
    follow your heart
Masambe Telsimba
    What has happened to the other couples who have come here asking for your help?
Charles Staffson
    "Where does my heart lead me?"
Fiendish Xairren
    aid has been given
Miryia Sheydaress
    I'd like to return home to Waterdeep safely with Charles soon. Could you please bring the parents and children together so they may speak and at least resolve their issues?
Fiendish Xairren
    it is your heart, only you know
Fiendish Xairren
    there is no need
Charles Staffson
    "I am am imperfect being and know not my heart complete. What should I do to know where my heart leads?"
Jav
    Guys, we came here for the children.
Fiendish Xairren
    be true
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri only shakes her head as the questions and answers bounce off of the walls. She looks around to see if there are any other caves or tunnels beyond this room.
Krussel
    What is the shortest way to get to the children?
Charles Staffson
    "I am a being that is a constant un break able will as Lord Ilmater has. What should I do to be true so I may know where my heart leads?"
Jav
    Jav finally sighs and speaks up. "I want to sail again, with my old Cap'n, and our crew. But I don't want it to end like last time. I don't want everyone to die. That's my hearts desire. But it cannot happen. So cave, help us deal with the matters at hand. Help us find the children."
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe nods to Jav. "Yes, and from the answers we are getting from this 'echo' someone or something appears to be trying to hide something." He joins Shuri in looking around.
Charles Staffson
    "I am a being that is a not^ constant un break able will as Lord Ilmater has. What should I do to be true so I may know where my heart leads?"
Miryia Sheydaress
    Do you have a desire of your own? She mumbles a few things afterwards.
Fiendish Xairren
    toward the right side is a smaller opening, another natural tunnel, descending into the hill
Shuri Kajevic
    She shrugs at the strange question and answer session. "Forget this follow your heart stuff. Let's follow the cave."
Fiendish Xairren
    (shortest way) "without diresire for ill"
Fiendish Xairren
    (desire of your own) "none"
Masambe Telsimba
    Speaking loud enough so that all can hear him, but not loud enough to trigger a painful echo, "those interested in searching for the children instead of searching for the meaning of life, or their purpose here on Toril, we are going this way."
Charles Staffson
    "I am a being that is a not^ constant un break able will as Lord Ilmater has. What should I do to be true so I may know where my heart leads?"
Charles Staffson
    Charles nods and follows after Masambe.
Jav
    Jav is silent as he walks towards the opening.
Fiendish Xairren
    (charles) "be true"
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri also checks the ground before they begin trodding on it to see if anyone else has passed this way recently.
Fiendish Xairren
    Little dust covers this tunnel. It is silent compared to the cave
Masambe Telsimba
    As does Masambe.
Krussel
    Sharindlar have mercy... Krussel mutters, then hurries to catch up to the others as they seem to have left him behind...
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia follows as well, stepping lightly behind Charles and the others.
Shuri Kajevic
    At least no one seems to go this way, she says as she follows the trail.
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa

Re: Sybarate (part 2)

Postby Xairren » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Fiendish Xairren
    The narrow tunnel allows only one to descend from the echoing cave at a time.
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri walks with the others down the tunnel.
Masambe Telsimba
    If no one else objects, Masambe will move into the lead, keeping his left hand close to his pick.
Krussel
    Krussel follows Masambe.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia makes no objections and follws near the end of the group.
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri has no problems with Masambe taking the lead.
Fiendish Xairren
    The tunnel opens into a second cave. Damp and soft underfoot. A pool lies across the way, fed by a small stream from another tunnel. A mound of mud stands near the pool. (brown sq) (map is up) #1 Jav bot #2 Krussel #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #5 Shuri
Krussel
    More water... Krussel mutters into his beard...
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe moves 10' into the room, and then begins to slowly sweep his gaze around the room.
Shuri Kajevic
    Well this is different, she says as she moves into the room.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Better water then lava or acid. chuckling quietly.
Shuri Kajevic
    Very true.
Krussel
    Krussel shrugs, "Aye, water'l kill ya slower..."
Masambe Telsimba
    Before people move to far into the room, Masambe raises a hand to stop them. "Be careful where you walk. There are some old footprints I would like to check over. Also, so far, I have sensed no evil presences in this room."
Masambe Telsimba
    ((Masambe does point out where he has seen the footprints))
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri will avoid the footprints and walk around the edge of the room to look at the water.
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe mutters, "too much moisture in the air," as he studies the footprints. Shaking his head, he stands and begins to explore the room, starting along the left wall, and working his way towards the water, and the patch of mud.
Krussel
    Krussel stops to let Masambe check the tracks, and examine the walls.
Fiendish Xairren
    The water is dark and muddy. The trickle from the other tunnel must never end for all the moisture here.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia stands at the entrance, just to avoid any accidents, and looks about the cave.
Fiendish Xairren
    Jav stays near Miryia. Masambe notes that the mound of mud has an odd shape, like that of a hunched over man. The stone walls are as solid as any you have seen Krussel
Krussel
    Hm.. Despite teh water, we won't be burried in a collapse... The dwarf says after studying the walls, "Least not by this room..."
Shuri Kajevic
    Not finding anything out of place by the water, Shuri moves closer to the mud pile to get a better look.
Shuri Kajevic
    She chuckles at the dwarf. "Were you concerned about a cave in?"
Krussel
    Krussel shrugs, "Water ruins all... rusting armor ta weakening stone, jus checkin..."
Masambe Telsimba
    After looking at the mud pile, and noting the strange shape, Masambe looks at the rest of the group. He gives Shuri a minute or two to examine the mound, and then motions her to back up. "I am curious as to whether this is nature being odd, someone playing a joke, or something else. Everyone, please back up from the mound, and we will see which is the case."
Shuri Kajevic
    She shrugs and backs up. "What are you going to do?"
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe raises his left hand, and the lion on his bracer glows briefly. When the glow fades, there is a standard looking javelin in his hand. "Throw this at it," he says, and then does.
Shuri Kajevic
    Be careful, it's not natural, whatever it is.
Fiendish Xairren
    The javelin pierces the mud mound. A large handful of the mud is loosened and falls with a plop onto the floor. Followed by the order of decay slowly filling the cave.
Fiendish Xairren
    (odor)
Masambe Telsimba
    Staying where he is, Masambe looks to see what the loosened mud revealed.
Shuri Kajevic
    *takes another step back*
Miryia Sheydaress
    Ew Stepping away from the entrance and to the others. "Grave?"
Krussel
    Krussel frowns. "Thought teh cave said teh kids were safe?"
Shuri Kajevic
    I doubt this has anything to do with them.
Miryia Sheydaress
    You would be safe if you were dead, but I think Shuri is right.
Shuri Kajevic
    That pile, whatever it is, doesn't look like a pair of people to me. It looks like one something, whatever it is.
Masambe Telsimba
    I agree that something is not right here. Stay back, for now, while I explore this 'mount' further. Lord Firemane has protected me from illness, I do not know if any of you have the same protection. Masambe puts his pack on the ground, takes out a crowbar, and a small shovel and approaches the mound. He starts off using the crowbar to slowly and carefully pry more mud away from whatever it is concealing.
Krussel
    Hm... Krussel studies the mound.
Krussel
    Wait, what're ya disturbin a grave fer, Masambe?
Masambe Telsimba
    Something about this whole place is not right. There is nothing marking this area as holy. Besides, if this is one of the missing people, their families have a right to know, and give them a proper burial.
Krussel
    I suppose... Krussel mutters a dwarven prayer of apology to the grave.
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri stands by keeping lookout for now.
"Krussel
    I don't think at's one of 'em... Mayhaps someone 'at searched fer 'em?""
    Masambe Telsimba Masambe does uncover the body and remove the mud as carefully as he can (using crowbar and shovel as needed). Once the warrior is revealed, he will carefully study him, looking at what he is/was equipped with, and try to judge how long he has been here.
    Fiendish Xairren The body is that of a warrior, frozen"" in place by the layer of mud on his partially mummified body.
"
Fiendish Xairren
    He has been there for some time, the leather of his pack is week and tearing as you search. The usual adventuring gear spills from it into the water that the man was climbing out of it seems. (init rolls plz)
Charles Staffson
    Lifts a filter mask from around his neck, hidden by his scarf, to cover his mouth and nose completely. Miryia, raised in a dry desert region, might have seen the mask more thatn the others have.
Fiendish Xairren
    The splashes in the muddy water ripple outward
Fiendish Xairren
    > #6 Charles #2 Krussel #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot #5 Shuri
Masambe Telsimba
    If he came here looking for someone missing, it most likely was not the couple we are here to find.
Miryia Sheydaress
    No, but something found him.
Charles Staffson
    Charles holds his action to end of the round, waiting to move after the allies so he can be in the best place to help them.
Krussel
    Krussel moves to the front of the group, his axe ready.
Shuri Kajevic
    I'm guessing we're about to find out whatever it was that found him.
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe keeps one eye on the water, but continues to examine the warrior.
Fiendish Xairren
    The muddy waters do not calm as they should. No large lumps of mud seem to be lifting upward. (no further actions) #6 Charles #2 Krussel SKULLS #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot #5 Shuri
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe backs up a bit from the dead warrior and the water, raising his right arm so his buckler is in a defensive position.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia draws her blade taking a defensive position as well.
Fiendish Xairren
    Jav stands back with a worried look #6 Charles #2 Krussel #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot >#5 Shuri
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri sees everyone going to defense, and chants a prayer before also drawing her club and moving in.
Fiendish Xairren
    >#6 Charles #2 Krussel #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot #5 Shuri
Charles Staffson
    Charles gets out his spiked chaina nd moves to protect hsi allies
Fiendish Xairren
    #6 Charles >#2 Krussel #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot #5 Shuri
Krussel
    Krussel advances more, keeping his axe ready.
Fiendish Xairren
    #6 Charles #2 Krussel >#3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot #5 Shuri
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe draws his picks, but still maintains a defensive position (total defense). ((done))
Charles Staffson
    "GET BEHIND US!" Charles calls out in honest concern to Miryia , the men making a defensive line.....not ish for Miryia to end up like last time
Fiendish Xairren
    The large mud shapes now stand fully five feet above the water. With large ponderous arms they each throw a glob mud at you.
Fiendish Xairren
    The mud does little to hurt Krussel but its weight bears down on him (str -1) #6 Charles #2 Krussel #3 Masambe > #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot #5 Shuri
Miryia Sheydaress
    I can't provide healing from a mile away dear.
Krussel
    Teh hells? Krussel curses, after spitting out a mouthfull of mud...
Miryia Sheydaress
    With that Miryia moves behind the dwarf to support Charles and Masambe as well.
Charles Staffson
    "Give us cover fire from afar than if you must." Charles callsout, fear almost wrecking his mind that Miryia will fall again for 3rd time before his very eyes.
Fiendish Xairren
    Jav throws a dagger which sinks into a mud creature. A moment later the dagger falls into the water leaving no mark on the creature. #6 Charles #2 Krussel #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot >#5 Shuri
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri shakes her head at Charles' remarks. "I think Miryia knows what she's capable of. Let her decide what she wants to do." And with that, she walks over to the edge of the pool and swings at the nearby creature.
Masambe Telsimba
    Charles!!! If you can't accept that Miryia understands both the risks and her place as an adventuring woman, then your place is by the hearth, keeping the fire burning and dinner warm for when she returns. You can be a fighter and protector, or take on what many believe to be a womans only true role.
Masambe Telsimba
    *replaces can't with cannot*
Fiendish Xairren
    With the club hit the mud creature seems to be reduced > #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -1) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot #5 Shuri
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia nods, "Just remember what Tal and I told you the other evening."
Charles Staffson
    Ignores Masambe for now...and the voices within and without as he turns to mud things. He drops his chain and get his cross bow out, fires and reloads.
Charles Staffson
    Charles holds his xbow in 1 hand, the other hand ready for combat.
Fiendish Xairren
    The bolt flies through the mud creature and falls into the water behind it #6 Charles > #2 Krussel (Str -1) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot #5 Shuri
Krussel
    Krussel switches his axe for his mace, then chants something in dwarven.
Fiendish Xairren
    #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -1) > #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot #5 Shuri
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe moves to stand next to Shuri, and then prepares himself for defense again.
Fiendish Xairren
    #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -1) #3 Masambe >#4 Miryia #1 Jav bot #5 Shuri
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia plants her sword in the ground next to her and reaches for the dwarf. "May you be protected friend of the Dark Maiden." (Shield of Faith on Krussel)
Fiendish Xairren
    Again the creatures throw part of themselves...
Fiendish Xairren
    The mud fails to stay on anyone this time Another thrown dagger bounces off a wall and falls into the pool #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -1) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot >#5 Shuri
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri brings up the club to splatter some more mud.
Fiendish Xairren
    But dwarfs are not anyone, they are mud collecting short people. (str -2)
Fiendish Xairren
    The creature in front of Shuri soughs off into the water with the second hit. >#6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -1) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot #5 Shuri
Masambe Telsimba
    Grinning, Masambe glances at Miryia, "if you can, try to get some of that mud off of The Dwarf!" After a short, 2-3 second pause, "just kidding Krussel!"
Charles Staffson
    Charles gives Miryia a look that says with honest loving concern "Stay safe...my dear one!" Charles moves to kick the creature on the opposite water's edge from Shuri.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia grins back, "Oh I'm sure he can find some use for this mud after the fight."
Masambe Telsimba
    Aye, I am sure that he could. Just not in the hair. These braids take hours to get clean and remade.
Krussel
    Krussel just curses, spitting out another mouthful...
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa

Re: Sybarate (part 3)

Postby Xairren » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:09 am

Shuri Kajevic
    ((when we last left off.....))
Fiendish Xairren
    (map is up) One of the mud creatures seems to have been destoryed and sunk back into the murky water while two others fight on throwing great globs of sticky mud. #6 Charles > #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav #5 Shuri
Krussel
    Krussel runs at the nearest creature, although he seems to avoid the water as much as possible... He swings his mace at the mud creature.
Fiendish Xairren
    Charle's kick had not noticeable effect.
Fiendish Xairren
    The mace hammers into the mud creature with no visiable effect. #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4) > #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav #5 Shuri (Shillelagh)
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe places his main pick (the left one) back in the ring on his belt, gestures with his left hand, conjuring a javelin into that hand, and then throws it at the creature not in melee with anyone.
Fiendish Xairren
    The javelin pierces the mud creature and then falls out covered with mud apparently not harming the creature as well. #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4) #3 Masambe >#4 Miryia #1 Jav #5 Shuri (Shillelagh)
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia lifts her crossbow and fires straight down at the lone mud thing in the back.
Miryia Sheydaress
    The bolt flies high missing the creature completely.
Fiendish Xairren
    The bolt misses the creature entirely Jav continues to 'stand guard' at the entrance tunnel while Krussel sinks further into the mud. Which is now just past his knees (Slowed) #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4; slowed) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot >#5 Shuri (Shillelagh)
Krussel
    Damn water... Krussel mutters...
Shuri Kajevic
    Seeing that the water (or mud) isn't totally engulfing Krussel, Shuri moves around to the wall of the cavern and takes a tentative step into the stuff so that she can continue pounding the creatures.
Fiendish Xairren
    The dirty water is only an inch or two deep, below it is a great deal of mud however and shortly after Shuri moves into the stuff it begins to hold on tightly. The club hits and sends mud flying everywhere. > #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4; slowed) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav #5 Shuri (Shillelagh; slowed)
Charles Staffson
    Charles tries to pound the creature with a twin snap kick thrust inot the hide of the foe.
Fiendish Xairren
    Charles kicks send more mud splattering onto the dwarf as the creature in front of him falls apart into the water. Splashing both with mud again. #6 Charles > #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4; slowed) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav #5 Shuri (Shillelagh; slowed)
Charles Staffson
    Witht the creature dead, Charles takes 5 foot step [to x 25, y 23] to flank the last creature with his spiked chain and Shuri
Krussel
    Krussel curses, then mutters something in Dwarven...
Fiendish Xairren
    #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4; slowed; magic weapon) > #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav #5 Shuri (Shillelagh; slowed)
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe mutters about his javelin having no effect, and then moves towards the creature, drawing his pick again as he goes, and then taking a single swing at it. (moving so as not to provoke AoO by moving through a threatened square)
Fiendish Xairren
    Masambe's plans get mired in the mud after moving 10 ft (slowed) #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4; slowed; magic weapon) #3 Masambe (slowed) > #4 Miryia #1 Jav #5 Shuri (Shillelagh; slowed)
Miryia Sheydaress
    Eilistraee, clean our friendly dwarf, so he may better smash the final enemy. Miryia ends the spell pointing a finger towards Krussel who is then dumped with water.
Fiendish Xairren
    The water pours down upon the dwarf washing the great globs of mud away #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str +4; slowed; magic weapon) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia (slowed) #1 Jav #5 Shuri (Shillelagh; slowed) (And I have to run close a grain bin lid. I'll be gone about 10 mins)
Krussel
    Muffeled curses can be heard from the dwarf as Krussel gets a surprise shower... His arms flail wildly... "Teh blasted..." choke, "Roof caved in!!" cough, "Wer' gunna drownd!" spits out water...
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia giggles, "Oh you'll be fine Krussel. Just washing a bit of that mud away from you."
Fiendish Xairren
    Jav laughs quietly from the entrance #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str+4; slowed; magic weapon) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia (slowed) #1 Jav >#5 Shuri (Shillelagh; slowed)
Shuri Kajevic
    Even with the mud slurping and gushing around her feet, it does the mudman little good. She is more than willing and able to remind the creature that it is still within clubbing distance.
Krussel
    His face turns red after Krussel calms somewhat, through from embarasment or anger it's hard to tell, maybe both...
Fiendish Xairren
    The last of the mud creatures splashes into the murky water. And all this action has not helped the dead man smell any better in this little cave.
Fiendish Xairren
    (combat over)
Miryia Sheydaress
    Oh and don't worry, you'll keep that stink you dwarves seem fond of.
Krussel
    Seeing the last creature fall, Krussel moves back to dry ground as quickly as he can...
Shuri Kajevic
    ((Does the water and mud continue down the passage, or is it just a pool here?))
Charles Staffson
    "Now be nice Miryia" Charles says with combat over and re loads his bow and sets it up in his bandoleer
Masambe Telsimba
    What may be considered a stench to one, can be quite acceptable to another.
Krussel
    Spitting out mud and water, still, Krussel just ignores the others for the moment as he puts his mace back on his weapon belt.
Charles Staffson
    Charles makes sure his glowing orb is pushing out light to the full 60 feet radius it can
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri slogs through a little more mud and gunk to peer down the passageway. "As long as we're here..." she mumbles.
Miryia Sheydaress
    She nods, "I am being nice dear. Just letting him know." Miryia then grins, "Hope I didn't give you too much of a scare Krussel."
Fiendish Xairren
    The trickling stream flowing into the 'pool' is clear.
Shuri Kajevic
    She steps up into the narrow passage with the stream. "Well at least this water is clean."
Charles Staffson
    Charles nods to make follow, offering to stand in the middle of the group so his light may be equal for the front and the rear
Krussel
    Krussel is silent as he wipes off his shield and holy symbol as best he can...
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe carefully moves to the clear stream to clean up, then prepares to continue on with the rest of the group.
Charles Staffson
    Charles moves inot the middle of the marching order as they enter in the clean stream tunnel
Fiendish Xairren
    You can make your way up the narrow tunnel easily enough. What lies beyond it is something else though. The scene before you can only be described as majestic. The slightest movements of the flames of your torches cause a myriad of multi-colored points of light to dance across the walls and ceiling of this hemispherical cavern. Most of the floor of the cave is take up by a clear pool fed by a broad waterfall on the far side. This waterfall is apparently quite motionless, each minute rivulet of crystal-clear water is perfectly suspended as if frozen, and gem-like droplets hang stationary in mid-air. Music, almost heavenly in its quality, falls gently on your ears bringing forth memories and emotions (both happy and sad) which you thought were long forgotten. The floor of this cavern is bare rock but the walls and ceiling are completely encrusted with rock-crystals which are the cause of the reflected points of light. The pool is the source of the stream which trickles down the tunnel. Near the waterfall it, too, appears to be quite stationary, and its surface is only in motion near the side where the stream departs. The cavern appears to be unoccupied.
Krussel
    Krussel takes his axe from his belt and follows the others.
Fiendish Xairren
    (sorry map is not working for me just now... 80 ft circle cave)
Fiendish Xairren
    (waterfall on far side, no exits)
Masambe Telsimba
    This...is quite beautiful. Masambe slowly and carefully looks over the entirety of the cavern and pool, looking up and down to catch it all in his gaze.
Shuri Kajevic
    Once she reaches the next cavern, she stops in her tracks to stare at the scene.
Charles Staffson
    [80foot radius or daimter cave? ]
Fiendish Xairren
    (dia)
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia stops in awe and gazes around the cavern.
Krussel
    Even Krussel's muttering stops as he stares at the cavern.
Charles Staffson
    Charles carefully....removes his every glowing orb and tosses 20 feet towars the center of the cavern from the entrance. There the light should make the entire cave visible tothem.
Shuri Kajevic
    After a respectable pause, Shuri taks a few steps towards the center of the room.
Charles Staffson
    Charles covers shuri trek with bow ready. he was no nature master...and he knew shuri was in a way.
Fiendish Xairren
    The orb BOUNCES on the water with a tinkling sound and rolls over the ruff surface toward the waterfall before rocking to a stop between motionless waves.
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe moves along with Shuri, checking the ground for tracks, and staying a few (5-10) feet behind her.
Fiendish Xairren
    (the orb stops about 2/3's across the cave from you)
Krussel
    Frozen? Krussel watches his step as he moves towards the room's center. He also keeps glancing up... perhaps watching for more surprise waterfalls?
Charles Staffson
    Charles follows 10 feet behind Masambe, eys and ears alert to whatever may be aroud them.
Fiendish Xairren
    (The water covers most of the floor... so unless you say your wading in your still near the entrance)
Charles Staffson
    Charles returns the orb to his person...when ever he gets to it
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe will wade, and stop looking for tracks once he's in the water.
Fiendish Xairren
    (water is flowing out of the pool at a trickle)
Charles Staffson
    Charles covers masambe's person as the wild wise paladin looks for tracks.
Krussel
    Krussel stops at the water's edge...
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia follows last in the group a few feet behind ready to support the others again. She casts another spell and takes another look around the cavern.
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri moves closer to the waterfall to get a better look. (Not sure if that requires wading or not.)
Shuri Kajevic
    This is strange. The water isn't quite frozen, but it's not acting like normal water, either. Look at that orb. It's slowly sinking. She points to Charles' light orb.
Krussel
    Krussel stands by the entrance, holding his shield over his head...
Fiendish Xairren
    Your feet splash in the semi-hard water oddly as you walk on it. The closer to the waterfall you get the more solid it becomes. The orb is slowly sinking into the water. And so will anyone who remains still.
Charles Staffson
    Charles recovers his orb and returns to the shore.
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe will keep moving around to keep from sinking, but will look and try to determine how deep the pool is.
Fiendish Xairren
    Near the waterfall the pool looks to be 5-10 ft deep. It becomes more shallow the further away you get.
Charles Staffson
    Charles tueis the overs carefully and reutrns to the water....moving in a 10 feet circle if he needsto stand anywhere. "One should not suppose the children are under the water perhaps? "
Fiendish Xairren
    The water is very clear and no one is under it (yet *G*)
Miryia Sheydaress
    I would hope not, as she keeps moving around to keep from sinking.
Shuri Kajevic
    If they're safe, which the other seemed to say, then I doubt they'd be underwater. I'm curious what the purpose of this room is, though.
Krussel
    Really slow suicide by drownin?
Fiendish Xairren
    You even begin to notice that there is an empty space behind the waterfall that you can not really make out through the 'churning' water
Masambe Telsimba
    Charles, would you care to bring that light over here so we can see what is behind the waterfall?
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri will try to look through or around the waterfall at the space beyond.
Charles Staffson
    Charles gets out a knotted length of silk rope and a grappling hook. He nears the water at Mamambe's request.
Miryia Sheydaress
    This place is full of magic..
Krussel
    It ain't gunna attack us like teh mud in teh other room did, is it?
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe will move to within 15' of the waterfall (off to the side a bit) and look behind it.
Miryia Sheydaress
    I don't know, we can only hope.
Shuri Kajevic
    She looks wryling at Krussel. "Only one way to find out," she replies.
Shuri Kajevic
    *wryly
Charles Staffson
    "Who ever goes in first takemy rope with you "
Fiendish Xairren
    The waterfall is nearly 20' wide and falls 30' There seems to be no crystals capturing the light behind the water fall. A large tunnel opening (10'x10') perhaps. The floor of the tunnel is a foot above the level of the pool. To either side of the tunnel the waterfall tumbles down the wall of the cave so no going behind it that way
Krussel
    Krussel frowns and watches the others by the waterfall, still holding his shield over his head...
Charles Staffson
    "With a rope ends on each side of the water fall we can be more certainto make through the torrent of falling water"
Shuri Kajevic
    She reaches through the waterfall to verify that there is indeed space -- and more importantly air! -- back there.
Fiendish Xairren
    Shuri's hand encouters rock hard water that does not move
Shuri Kajevic
    Torrent? She looks back at the impossibly slowly falling water. "I think the problem is more than the water isn't flowing at all. I can't even reach through it."
Fiendish Xairren
    such as a vertical sheet of ice a foot thick
Miryia Sheydaress
    So the way is blocked then?
Krussel
    Krussel wades toward the waterfall, "I'll go first this time..." He moves around the waterfall to get to the new tunnel, though he still holds his shield overhead...
Fiendish Xairren
    slowly Shuri's hand begins to enter and 'fall' with the water
Shuri Kajevic
    Possibly. Or we need to figure a way around or through it. She slowly walks along the 20ft width of the waterfall, running her hand along the ice to see if it is all solid."
Shuri Kajevic
    She nods to the dwarf. "I think he has a good idea there."
Masambe Telsimba
    Let us see if we can get through the waterfall without going under the water.
Fiendish Xairren
    (there is no way to sneak behind the sides of the water fall)
Shuri Kajevic
    She shrugs and follows Krussel's example with the shield. She pulls off her own shield and slowly pushes it into the waterfall to create a makeshift "umbrella".
Charles Staffson
    "Think we will have to just breakthe ice about. "
Krussel
    Krussel tries moving his shield to maybe block the path of the water.
Charles Staffson
    Charles is forced to draw his rain hood and cloak about his person if and when he must enter the water. But not before offering said cloak to Miryia first
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe moves back and forth in front of the waterfall, watching to see if Krussel's plan works.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Thankd, but Ill be ok. It's just a bit of water." With that she draws her sword.
Fiendish Xairren
    The water pushes down hard upon the shields, forcing them down. The shields do begin to create a small 'hole' under the shields though.
Miryia Sheydaress
    *Thanks
Fiendish Xairren
    Krussel's and Shuri's feet also begin to sink
Shuri Kajevic
    ((Can we see antyhing through the "holes" in the waterfall?)) She tries to keep her feet moving, shuffling as much as possible.
Masambe Telsimba
    Shuri and Krussel. Stay there so that those without shields can get through. I will do what I can to help keep you both above water.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Charles, hold the shield up so Krussel can pass through. Then I'll do the same for you.
Krussel
    Still a lotta' pressure here... Krussel's shield arm sinks with the waterfall...
Charles Staffson
    "There is still nice on the other side. "
Masambe Telsimba
    Charles, Miryia and Jav, go through while they hold the shields. It will be much faster that way.
Miryia Sheydaress
    We'll deal with the ice afterwards. Won't help if they sink. She sheathes the sword and gives the dwarf some support.
Shuri Kajevic
    If anyone wants to try to break through, now would be a good time, she says while slowly moving her shield towards Krussel's. "Maybe we can shift some of the currents away by angling the shields like a roof."
Charles Staffson
    Charles nods and tries to make it through.
Fiendish Xairren
    The holes grow slowly as you struggle to hold the shields but progress is being made.
Krussel
    With much concentration, and a little help from the others, Krussel moves his shield up a large amount, "Go!" Krussel says with the strain of holding the shield under the water making his mussles bulge...
Fiendish Xairren
    The holes grow into a narrow opening that you can finally pass through as you combine your efforts. Charles manages to get through
Charles Staffson
    Charles hopes his speed and fleet of foot will help him make it hurried across
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia slides through following Charles.
Shuri Kajevic
    Go, and don't be too long.
Masambe Telsimba
    As soon as Charles, Miryia and Jav are through, Masambe moves past Shuri and Krussel. "Okay you two, one of you go first and I will help the second one through."
Fiendish Xairren
    Once through the waterfall you discover an observation room. For when you look back though the waterfall into the crystal filled cave beyond the sight is even more impressive. The music here is even more intense. The walls are covered by a mosaic of birds, animals, fruits, and flowers. A small table holds a bowl of ripe fruit and a crystal decanter and two goblets. Sitting in the chairs here would be very relaxing, there can be no doubt about it. (tunnel room is 10 x 30)
Fiendish Xairren
    At the back of the tunnel/room is a narrow alcove. One person could stand in it. As you look about... (listen checks)
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri nods, and ducks under the shieldbridge while holding it over her head. "Ok, let's see what's back here."
Krussel
    Krussel moved through last. Immedietly spotting the chairs, he sits in one, even though he is soaking wet and slighly muddy.
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe lifts up a hand, requesting silence, as he listens more intently.
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri walks into the observatory, looking around quite confused. "Hello?" she says to the room.
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe looks as confused as Shuri.
Krussel
    What is it? Krussel asks of the others.
Fiendish Xairren
    Suddenly, a young woman steps out from the alcove followed immediately by a young man. They seem to have just stopped speaking. Both look at all of you in surprise. They have no weapons, nor appear at all dangerous.
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe looks at the two people. Bowing slightly, "greetings. How are the two of you today?"
Krussel
    Krussel wearily smiles at them, but doesn't move from the chair.
Shuri Kajevic
    Finding herself standing in someone else's home uninvited, the half orc just waves "hi".
Fiendish Xairren
    They look at each other before the young man smiles back. "Hello. Um, what are you doing here?"
Miryia Sheydaress
    We came looking for the couple that ran from their parents.
Masambe Telsimba
    We are searching for a couple who disappeared about a month ago.
Fiendish Xairren
    The two look at each other with concern before he asks, "What do you intend to do if you find them?"
Masambe Telsimba
    Inform them that their families have agreed to end the feud if they return home.
Miryia Sheydaress
    She nods, "That and they're worried sick."
Fiendish Xairren
    The young woman looks worried. The young man though shakes his head. "If we return home? No. After they settle it, maybe."
Shuri Kajevic
    *eyes widen* "You're the couple that left?"
Masambe Telsimba
    They will not settle the feud until you return home.
"Masambe Telsimba
    What is the cause of this feud?
    Fiendish Xairren Frowning now the young man states flatly, Then they will have a damned long wait."" The woman beside him takes his arm to calm him.
"
Miryia Sheydaress
    What was the feud about? If it's ok to ask.
Fiendish Xairren
    Our fathers each hope to 'possess' everything on this isle. We have had enough of it.
Masambe Telsimba
    And, how far has the feud gone at this point? How long has it gone on?
Shuri Kajevic
    She raises an eyebrow at that. "Possess?"
Charles Staffson
    By buying properity?
Charles Staffson
    By buying properity and deeds to land ?
Fiendish Xairren
    He nods, "Sure, and whatever else they can get their greedy hands on."
Charles Staffson
    And you mean to not inherit their gains by will or otherwise?
Fiendish Xairren
    The woman adds quietly, "They would be at war if there where enough people here to become soldiers."
Charles Staffson
    Charles nods sadly to this
Masambe Telsimba
    What has each side done so far?
Fiendish Xairren
    The young man grows angry, "We left with nothing. We want nothing from them!"
Shuri Kajevic
    She walks around the room, admiring the mosaics lining the walls. "What about this place. Surely they don't own such a pleasant place, even if it is on the island."
Fiendish Xairren
    They say "no" at the same time. The young woman continues, "This was once the domain of a wizard, an elf, who enjoyed his privacy above all other treasures." She blushes a bit, "Or so he wrote in his diary."
Shuri Kajevic
    Do you plan to spend the rest of your lives in this cave?
Charles Staffson
    But perhaps your actions has touched your parents hearts more than you know. Come and see it foryouselves hm?
Fiendish Xairren
    They frown, and she says, "We do not stay here..." He interrupts, "No. They pretend peace to draw us home. It will not work."
Charles Staffson
    There must be some proof they could or would not do if they truely wished to trick you. You know of this better then we since it is your home. Be there something your parents would not have done if they truely were tricking you?
Miryia Sheydaress
    You assume much, why not go and see first. If it is indeed a show then you can come back.
Fiendish Xairren
    (Inserts answer to Masambe back there a bit) "They fume and bicker, fight and cheat when they can and consider anything other than coin worthless."
Fiendish Xairren
    The young man fumes, the young woman answers Miryia, "No we have left and plan never to return." She hesitates but does not add more.
Charles Staffson
    Do you not owe your neighbors the chance to live peacefully on this isle? You might be able stop much hardships if you return and cultivate the change in your parents?
Fiendish Xairren
    The young man scoffs, "You are welcome to try. Leave us out of it."
Shuri Kajevic
    She shakes her head sadly. "If you are not interested in seeing your friends and family again, would you be willing to at least let us take back some kind of message to let them know that you are alive and well. That could at least ease their minds about your well-being."
Fiendish Xairren
    They look at each other a moment. She clears her throat, "No. There is nothing either of them would believe that the other would not call a lie. It would be best for them to accept us as gone forever." The man nods in agreement.
Miryia Sheydaress
    So you plan to seclude yourselves? I guess taking a message back is our only choice. I wouldn't rely on this place too much though for you could be found by others.
Charles Staffson
    At least perhaps some evidence that you might say impossible to find but proves the change in your parents true ... that we can return to you?
Shuri Kajevic
    It is your decision, but your unwillingness to try is very similar to what you describe as their unwillingness to make things right. She shrugs and goes back to admiring the decor.
Fiendish Xairren
    Growing angry again the young man says, "We will not go back." She adds, "We are safe and protected in the garden. We will not come back to this place and perhaps none will find us ever again."
Miryia Sheydaress
    Protected by what? Do you not see us here before you. You may not be as protected as you think.
Shuri Kajevic
    We are not asking you to come back with us. But we would like to ease the worrying of some parents who have lost their children and have only realized to late they themselves are to blame.
Fiendish Xairren
    With her calming touch to his shoulder the young man nods, "We have made our home in the garden and the creatures there have accepted us. You may tell them that we have moved away. That we will not be back." "Tell them that we have changed our names and they are not to try to find us again."
Charles Staffson
    "Sir and ma'am. If this truly your voice and will I dobut I could change after hearing such resolution. I must ask...if the impossible became possible, ....the impossiblity of your parents changing came about...and them find you despite what ever efforts put against them... ....in that imposssible ending you say will never come...if it does...will you forgive them? "
Shuri Kajevic
    She looks to the others to see what their reactions are.
Krussel
    Krussel seems rather quiet sitting in the chair...
Fiendish Xairren
    She seems to nearly accept this, but the young man will not. "I warn you now. We will hide the door to this place. Any who follow will remain in the garden with us for there is no other way out of the garden." He looks at the waterfall a moment, "If you can get out."
Miryia Sheydaress
    We'll get out I assure you. I have a home and temple to return to as does my Charles here.
Charles Staffson
    Charles looks to the falls behind them.
Shuri Kajevic
    I doubt you want us as permanent house guests, so if there is a way for you to control this place you'll at least let us leave, first. But as you've already said, you don't want to reutn and we're not forcing you to. If you have no other message for your parents, then we should be on our way. She too looks back at the falls.
Fiendish Xairren
    She smiles, "Thank you." He only shrugs after taking his eyes off of the water fall, "Good luck to you" He lets her step into the alcove and follows closely behind her after she disappears a moment later. Then he too is gone.
Shuri Kajevic
    That was... ominous, she says under her breath as they leave. Then turning to Krussel who's still resting, "Are you ready to go fight the waterfall again?"
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia nods.
Charles Staffson
    Charles sighes that worlds could not change wills...but his eyes are devoted to the way they came.
Charles Staffson
    words could not
Krussel
    The dwarf seems to have fallen asleep... Soft snoring can now be heard...
Charles Staffson
    Charles carefully awakens the dwarf.
Shuri Kajevic
    She walks over to get a better look at Krussel. "I didn't think the conversation was that boring. Wake Up!" The last she says rather loudly and rather close to him.
Shuri Kajevic
    ((And Shuri tries to do so, only not so carefully. lol))
Krussel
    THE SHIP'S SINKING! Krussel shouts with a start...
Krussel
    Krussel blinks a moment as he wakes up, "Huh, what? Did we find teh kids?"
Shuri Kajevic
    We did. And they left again, for good this time. So now we need to get back out of here.
Krussel
    Fer good? They dead?
Fiendish Xairren
    You can again open a hole in the waterfall with the same great deal of work to 'escape'.
Shuri Kajevic
    *chuckles* "No, but they left and don't want to be found. So now we get to inform their parents of that decision. But at least we know they are alive and well."
Shuri Kajevic
    ((Search the room with mudmen to see if we missed any trinkets?))
Fiendish Xairren
    (does anyone stop to speak with the fathers at the inn?)
Miryia Sheydaress
    (Miryia will tell them both that the children are alive and well, but won't be returning.)
Shuri Kajevic
    ((This seems like a decent stopping point. are we headed back to Waterdeep after this, or is there more?))
Fiendish Xairren
    (kicking you all back to waterdeep ... zoom!)
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa

Re: Sybarate (part 3)

Postby Xairren » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:11 am

Shuri Kajevic
    ((when we last left off.....))
Fiendish Xairren
    (map is up) One of the mud creatures seems to have been destoryed and sunk back into the murky water while two others fight on throwing great globs of sticky mud. #6 Charles > #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav #5 Shuri
Krussel
    Krussel runs at the nearest creature, although he seems to avoid the water as much as possible... He swings his mace at the mud creature.
Fiendish Xairren
    Charle's kick had not noticeable effect.
Fiendish Xairren
    The mace hammers into the mud creature with no visiable effect. #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4) > #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav #5 Shuri (Shillelagh)
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe places his main pick (the left one) back in the ring on his belt, gestures with his left hand, conjuring a javelin into that hand, and then throws it at the creature not in melee with anyone.
Fiendish Xairren
    The javelin pierces the mud creature and then falls out covered with mud apparently not harming the creature as well. #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4) #3 Masambe >#4 Miryia #1 Jav #5 Shuri (Shillelagh)
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia lifts her crossbow and fires straight down at the lone mud thing in the back.
Miryia Sheydaress
    The bolt flies high missing the creature completely.
Fiendish Xairren
    The bolt misses the creature entirely Jav continues to 'stand guard' at the entrance tunnel while Krussel sinks further into the mud. Which is now just past his knees (Slowed) #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4; slowed) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav bot >#5 Shuri (Shillelagh)
Krussel
    Damn water... Krussel mutters...
Shuri Kajevic
    Seeing that the water (or mud) isn't totally engulfing Krussel, Shuri moves around to the wall of the cavern and takes a tentative step into the stuff so that she can continue pounding the creatures.
Fiendish Xairren
    The dirty water is only an inch or two deep, below it is a great deal of mud however and shortly after Shuri moves into the stuff it begins to hold on tightly. The club hits and sends mud flying everywhere. > #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4; slowed) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav #5 Shuri (Shillelagh; slowed)
Charles Staffson
    Charles tries to pound the creature with a twin snap kick thrust inot the hide of the foe.
Fiendish Xairren
    Charles kicks send more mud splattering onto the dwarf as the creature in front of him falls apart into the water. Splashing both with mud again. #6 Charles > #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4; slowed) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav #5 Shuri (Shillelagh; slowed)
Charles Staffson
    Witht the creature dead, Charles takes 5 foot step [to x 25, y 23] to flank the last creature with his spiked chain and Shuri
Krussel
    Krussel curses, then mutters something in Dwarven...
Fiendish Xairren
    #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4; slowed; magic weapon) > #3 Masambe #4 Miryia #1 Jav #5 Shuri (Shillelagh; slowed)
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe mutters about his javelin having no effect, and then moves towards the creature, drawing his pick again as he goes, and then taking a single swing at it. (moving so as not to provoke AoO by moving through a threatened square)
Fiendish Xairren
    Masambe's plans get mired in the mud after moving 10 ft (slowed) #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str -2 & +4; slowed; magic weapon) #3 Masambe (slowed) > #4 Miryia #1 Jav #5 Shuri (Shillelagh; slowed)
Miryia Sheydaress
    Eilistraee, clean our friendly dwarf, so he may better smash the final enemy. Miryia ends the spell pointing a finger towards Krussel who is then dumped with water.
Fiendish Xairren
    The water pours down upon the dwarf washing the great globs of mud away #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str +4; slowed; magic weapon) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia (slowed) #1 Jav #5 Shuri (Shillelagh; slowed) (And I have to run close a grain bin lid. I'll be gone about 10 mins)
Krussel
    Muffeled curses can be heard from the dwarf as Krussel gets a surprise shower... His arms flail wildly... "Teh blasted..." choke, "Roof caved in!!" cough, "Wer' gunna drownd!" spits out water...
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia giggles, "Oh you'll be fine Krussel. Just washing a bit of that mud away from you."
Fiendish Xairren
    Jav laughs quietly from the entrance #6 Charles #2 Krussel (Str+4; slowed; magic weapon) #3 Masambe #4 Miryia (slowed) #1 Jav >#5 Shuri (Shillelagh; slowed)
Shuri Kajevic
    Even with the mud slurping and gushing around her feet, it does the mudman little good. She is more than willing and able to remind the creature that it is still within clubbing distance.
Krussel
    His face turns red after Krussel calms somewhat, through from embarasment or anger it's hard to tell, maybe both...
Fiendish Xairren
    The last of the mud creatures splashes into the murky water. And all this action has not helped the dead man smell any better in this little cave.
Fiendish Xairren
    (combat over)
Miryia Sheydaress
    Oh and don't worry, you'll keep that stink you dwarves seem fond of.
Krussel
    Seeing the last creature fall, Krussel moves back to dry ground as quickly as he can...
Shuri Kajevic
    ((Does the water and mud continue down the passage, or is it just a pool here?))
Charles Staffson
    "Now be nice Miryia" Charles says with combat over and re loads his bow and sets it up in his bandoleer
Masambe Telsimba
    What may be considered a stench to one, can be quite acceptable to another.
Krussel
    Spitting out mud and water, still, Krussel just ignores the others for the moment as he puts his mace back on his weapon belt.
Charles Staffson
    Charles makes sure his glowing orb is pushing out light to the full 60 feet radius it can
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri slogs through a little more mud and gunk to peer down the passageway. "As long as we're here..." she mumbles.
Miryia Sheydaress
    She nods, "I am being nice dear. Just letting him know." Miryia then grins, "Hope I didn't give you too much of a scare Krussel."
Fiendish Xairren
    The trickling stream flowing into the 'pool' is clear.
Shuri Kajevic
    She steps up into the narrow passage with the stream. "Well at least this water is clean."
Charles Staffson
    Charles nods to make follow, offering to stand in the middle of the group so his light may be equal for the front and the rear
Krussel
    Krussel is silent as he wipes off his shield and holy symbol as best he can...
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe carefully moves to the clear stream to clean up, then prepares to continue on with the rest of the group.
Charles Staffson
    Charles moves inot the middle of the marching order as they enter in the clean stream tunnel
Fiendish Xairren
    You can make your way up the narrow tunnel easily enough. What lies beyond it is something else though. The scene before you can only be described as majestic. The slightest movements of the flames of your torches cause a myriad of multi-colored points of light to dance across the walls and ceiling of this hemispherical cavern. Most of the floor of the cave is take up by a clear pool fed by a broad waterfall on the far side. This waterfall is apparently quite motionless, each minute rivulet of crystal-clear water is perfectly suspended as if frozen, and gem-like droplets hang stationary in mid-air. Music, almost heavenly in its quality, falls gently on your ears bringing forth memories and emotions (both happy and sad) which you thought were long forgotten. The floor of this cavern is bare rock but the walls and ceiling are completely encrusted with rock-crystals which are the cause of the reflected points of light. The pool is the source of the stream which trickles down the tunnel. Near the waterfall it, too, appears to be quite stationary, and its surface is only in motion near the side where the stream departs. The cavern appears to be unoccupied.
Krussel
    Krussel takes his axe from his belt and follows the others.
Fiendish Xairren
    (sorry map is not working for me just now... 80 ft circle cave)
Fiendish Xairren
    (waterfall on far side, no exits)
Masambe Telsimba
    This...is quite beautiful. Masambe slowly and carefully looks over the entirety of the cavern and pool, looking up and down to catch it all in his gaze.
Shuri Kajevic
    Once she reaches the next cavern, she stops in her tracks to stare at the scene.
Charles Staffson
    [80foot radius or daimter cave? ]
Fiendish Xairren
    (dia)
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia stops in awe and gazes around the cavern.
Krussel
    Even Krussel's muttering stops as he stares at the cavern.
Charles Staffson
    Charles carefully....removes his every glowing orb and tosses 20 feet towars the center of the cavern from the entrance. There the light should make the entire cave visible tothem.
Shuri Kajevic
    After a respectable pause, Shuri taks a few steps towards the center of the room.
Charles Staffson
    Charles covers shuri trek with bow ready. he was no nature master...and he knew shuri was in a way.
Fiendish Xairren
    The orb BOUNCES on the water with a tinkling sound and rolls over the ruff surface toward the waterfall before rocking to a stop between motionless waves.
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe moves along with Shuri, checking the ground for tracks, and staying a few (5-10) feet behind her.
Fiendish Xairren
    (the orb stops about 2/3's across the cave from you)
Krussel
    Frozen? Krussel watches his step as he moves towards the room's center. He also keeps glancing up... perhaps watching for more surprise waterfalls?
Charles Staffson
    Charles follows 10 feet behind Masambe, eys and ears alert to whatever may be aroud them.
Fiendish Xairren
    (The water covers most of the floor... so unless you say your wading in your still near the entrance)
Charles Staffson
    Charles returns the orb to his person...when ever he gets to it
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe will wade, and stop looking for tracks once he's in the water.
Fiendish Xairren
    (water is flowing out of the pool at a trickle)
Charles Staffson
    Charles covers masambe's person as the wild wise paladin looks for tracks.
Krussel
    Krussel stops at the water's edge...
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia follows last in the group a few feet behind ready to support the others again. She casts another spell and takes another look around the cavern.
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri moves closer to the waterfall to get a better look. (Not sure if that requires wading or not.)
Shuri Kajevic
    This is strange. The water isn't quite frozen, but it's not acting like normal water, either. Look at that orb. It's slowly sinking. She points to Charles' light orb.
Krussel
    Krussel stands by the entrance, holding his shield over his head...
Fiendish Xairren
    Your feet splash in the semi-hard water oddly as you walk on it. The closer to the waterfall you get the more solid it becomes. The orb is slowly sinking into the water. And so will anyone who remains still.
Charles Staffson
    Charles recovers his orb and returns to the shore.
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe will keep moving around to keep from sinking, but will look and try to determine how deep the pool is.
Fiendish Xairren
    Near the waterfall the pool looks to be 5-10 ft deep. It becomes more shallow the further away you get.
Charles Staffson
    Charles tueis the overs carefully and reutrns to the water....moving in a 10 feet circle if he needsto stand anywhere. "One should not suppose the children are under the water perhaps? "
Fiendish Xairren
    The water is very clear and no one is under it (yet *G*)
Miryia Sheydaress
    I would hope not, as she keeps moving around to keep from sinking.
Shuri Kajevic
    If they're safe, which the other seemed to say, then I doubt they'd be underwater. I'm curious what the purpose of this room is, though.
Krussel
    Really slow suicide by drownin?
Fiendish Xairren
    You even begin to notice that there is an empty space behind the waterfall that you can not really make out through the 'churning' water
Masambe Telsimba
    Charles, would you care to bring that light over here so we can see what is behind the waterfall?
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri will try to look through or around the waterfall at the space beyond.
Charles Staffson
    Charles gets out a knotted length of silk rope and a grappling hook. He nears the water at Mamambe's request.
Miryia Sheydaress
    This place is full of magic..
Krussel
    It ain't gunna attack us like teh mud in teh other room did, is it?
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe will move to within 15' of the waterfall (off to the side a bit) and look behind it.
Miryia Sheydaress
    I don't know, we can only hope.
Shuri Kajevic
    She looks wryling at Krussel. "Only one way to find out," she replies.
Shuri Kajevic
    *wryly
Charles Staffson
    "Who ever goes in first takemy rope with you "
Fiendish Xairren
    The waterfall is nearly 20' wide and falls 30' There seems to be no crystals capturing the light behind the water fall. A large tunnel opening (10'x10') perhaps. The floor of the tunnel is a foot above the level of the pool. To either side of the tunnel the waterfall tumbles down the wall of the cave so no going behind it that way
Krussel
    Krussel frowns and watches the others by the waterfall, still holding his shield over his head...
Charles Staffson
    "With a rope ends on each side of the water fall we can be more certainto make through the torrent of falling water"
Shuri Kajevic
    She reaches through the waterfall to verify that there is indeed space -- and more importantly air! -- back there.
Fiendish Xairren
    Shuri's hand encouters rock hard water that does not move
Shuri Kajevic
    Torrent? She looks back at the impossibly slowly falling water. "I think the problem is more than the water isn't flowing at all. I can't even reach through it."
Fiendish Xairren
    such as a vertical sheet of ice a foot thick
Miryia Sheydaress
    So the way is blocked then?
Krussel
    Krussel wades toward the waterfall, "I'll go first this time..." He moves around the waterfall to get to the new tunnel, though he still holds his shield overhead...
Fiendish Xairren
    slowly Shuri's hand begins to enter and 'fall' with the water
Shuri Kajevic
    Possibly. Or we need to figure a way around or through it. She slowly walks along the 20ft width of the waterfall, running her hand along the ice to see if it is all solid."
Shuri Kajevic
    She nods to the dwarf. "I think he has a good idea there."
Masambe Telsimba
    Let us see if we can get through the waterfall without going under the water.
Fiendish Xairren
    (there is no way to sneak behind the sides of the water fall)
Shuri Kajevic
    She shrugs and follows Krussel's example with the shield. She pulls off her own shield and slowly pushes it into the waterfall to create a makeshift "umbrella".
Charles Staffson
    "Think we will have to just breakthe ice about. "
Krussel
    Krussel tries moving his shield to maybe block the path of the water.
Charles Staffson
    Charles is forced to draw his rain hood and cloak about his person if and when he must enter the water. But not before offering said cloak to Miryia first
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe moves back and forth in front of the waterfall, watching to see if Krussel's plan works.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Thankd, but Ill be ok. It's just a bit of water." With that she draws her sword.
Fiendish Xairren
    The water pushes down hard upon the shields, forcing them down. The shields do begin to create a small 'hole' under the shields though.
Miryia Sheydaress
    *Thanks
Fiendish Xairren
    Krussel's and Shuri's feet also begin to sink
Shuri Kajevic
    ((Can we see antyhing through the "holes" in the waterfall?)) She tries to keep her feet moving, shuffling as much as possible.
Masambe Telsimba
    Shuri and Krussel. Stay there so that those without shields can get through. I will do what I can to help keep you both above water.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Charles, hold the shield up so Krussel can pass through. Then I'll do the same for you.
Krussel
    Still a lotta' pressure here... Krussel's shield arm sinks with the waterfall...
Charles Staffson
    "There is still nice on the other side. "
Masambe Telsimba
    Charles, Miryia and Jav, go through while they hold the shields. It will be much faster that way.
Miryia Sheydaress
    We'll deal with the ice afterwards. Won't help if they sink. She sheathes the sword and gives the dwarf some support.
Shuri Kajevic
    If anyone wants to try to break through, now would be a good time, she says while slowly moving her shield towards Krussel's. "Maybe we can shift some of the currents away by angling the shields like a roof."
Charles Staffson
    Charles nods and tries to make it through.
Fiendish Xairren
    The holes grow slowly as you struggle to hold the shields but progress is being made.
Krussel
    With much concentration, and a little help from the others, Krussel moves his shield up a large amount, "Go!" Krussel says with the strain of holding the shield under the water making his mussles bulge...
Fiendish Xairren
    The holes grow into a narrow opening that you can finally pass through as you combine your efforts. Charles manages to get through
Charles Staffson
    Charles hopes his speed and fleet of foot will help him make it hurried across
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia slides through following Charles.
Shuri Kajevic
    Go, and don't be too long.
Masambe Telsimba
    As soon as Charles, Miryia and Jav are through, Masambe moves past Shuri and Krussel. "Okay you two, one of you go first and I will help the second one through."
Fiendish Xairren
    Once through the waterfall you discover an observation room. For when you look back though the waterfall into the crystal filled cave beyond the sight is even more impressive. The music here is even more intense. The walls are covered by a mosaic of birds, animals, fruits, and flowers. A small table holds a bowl of ripe fruit and a crystal decanter and two goblets. Sitting in the chairs here would be very relaxing, there can be no doubt about it. (tunnel room is 10 x 30)
Fiendish Xairren
    At the back of the tunnel/room is a narrow alcove. One person could stand in it. As you look about... (listen checks)
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri nods, and ducks under the shieldbridge while holding it over her head. "Ok, let's see what's back here."
Krussel
    Krussel moved through last. Immedietly spotting the chairs, he sits in one, even though he is soaking wet and slighly muddy.
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe lifts up a hand, requesting silence, as he listens more intently.
Shuri Kajevic
    Shuri walks into the observatory, looking around quite confused. "Hello?" she says to the room.
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe looks as confused as Shuri.
Krussel
    What is it? Krussel asks of the others.
Fiendish Xairren
    Suddenly, a young woman steps out from the alcove followed immediately by a young man. They seem to have just stopped speaking. Both look at all of you in surprise. They have no weapons, nor appear at all dangerous.
Masambe Telsimba
    Masambe looks at the two people. Bowing slightly, "greetings. How are the two of you today?"
Krussel
    Krussel wearily smiles at them, but doesn't move from the chair.
Shuri Kajevic
    Finding herself standing in someone else's home uninvited, the half orc just waves "hi".
Fiendish Xairren
    They look at each other before the young man smiles back. "Hello. Um, what are you doing here?"
Miryia Sheydaress
    We came looking for the couple that ran from their parents.
Masambe Telsimba
    We are searching for a couple who disappeared about a month ago.
Fiendish Xairren
    The two look at each other with concern before he asks, "What do you intend to do if you find them?"
Masambe Telsimba
    Inform them that their families have agreed to end the feud if they return home.
Miryia Sheydaress
    She nods, "That and they're worried sick."
Fiendish Xairren
    The young woman looks worried. The young man though shakes his head. "If we return home? No. After they settle it, maybe."
Shuri Kajevic
    *eyes widen* "You're the couple that left?"
Masambe Telsimba
    They will not settle the feud until you return home.
"Masambe Telsimba
    What is the cause of this feud?
    Fiendish Xairren Frowning now the young man states flatly, Then they will have a damned long wait."" The woman beside him takes his arm to calm him.
"
Miryia Sheydaress
    What was the feud about? If it's ok to ask.
Fiendish Xairren
    Our fathers each hope to 'possess' everything on this isle. We have had enough of it.
Masambe Telsimba
    And, how far has the feud gone at this point? How long has it gone on?
Shuri Kajevic
    She raises an eyebrow at that. "Possess?"
Charles Staffson
    By buying properity?
Charles Staffson
    By buying properity and deeds to land ?
Fiendish Xairren
    He nods, "Sure, and whatever else they can get their greedy hands on."
Charles Staffson
    And you mean to not inherit their gains by will or otherwise?
Fiendish Xairren
    The woman adds quietly, "They would be at war if there where enough people here to become soldiers."
Charles Staffson
    Charles nods sadly to this
Masambe Telsimba
    What has each side done so far?
Fiendish Xairren
    The young man grows angry, "We left with nothing. We want nothing from them!"
Shuri Kajevic
    She walks around the room, admiring the mosaics lining the walls. "What about this place. Surely they don't own such a pleasant place, even if it is on the island."
Fiendish Xairren
    They say "no" at the same time. The young woman continues, "This was once the domain of a wizard, an elf, who enjoyed his privacy above all other treasures." She blushes a bit, "Or so he wrote in his diary."
Shuri Kajevic
    Do you plan to spend the rest of your lives in this cave?
Charles Staffson
    But perhaps your actions has touched your parents hearts more than you know. Come and see it foryouselves hm?
Fiendish Xairren
    They frown, and she says, "We do not stay here..." He interrupts, "No. They pretend peace to draw us home. It will not work."
Charles Staffson
    There must be some proof they could or would not do if they truely wished to trick you. You know of this better then we since it is your home. Be there something your parents would not have done if they truely were tricking you?
Miryia Sheydaress
    You assume much, why not go and see first. If it is indeed a show then you can come back.
Fiendish Xairren
    (Inserts answer to Masambe back there a bit) "They fume and bicker, fight and cheat when they can and consider anything other than coin worthless."
Fiendish Xairren
    The young man fumes, the young woman answers Miryia, "No we have left and plan never to return." She hesitates but does not add more.
Charles Staffson
    Do you not owe your neighbors the chance to live peacefully on this isle? You might be able stop much hardships if you return and cultivate the change in your parents?
Fiendish Xairren
    The young man scoffs, "You are welcome to try. Leave us out of it."
Shuri Kajevic
    She shakes her head sadly. "If you are not interested in seeing your friends and family again, would you be willing to at least let us take back some kind of message to let them know that you are alive and well. That could at least ease their minds about your well-being."
Fiendish Xairren
    They look at each other a moment. She clears her throat, "No. There is nothing either of them would believe that the other would not call a lie. It would be best for them to accept us as gone forever." The man nods in agreement.
Miryia Sheydaress
    So you plan to seclude yourselves? I guess taking a message back is our only choice. I wouldn't rely on this place too much though for you could be found by others.
Charles Staffson
    At least perhaps some evidence that you might say impossible to find but proves the change in your parents true ... that we can return to you?
Shuri Kajevic
    It is your decision, but your unwillingness to try is very similar to what you describe as their unwillingness to make things right. She shrugs and goes back to admiring the decor.
Fiendish Xairren
    Growing angry again the young man says, "We will not go back." She adds, "We are safe and protected in the garden. We will not come back to this place and perhaps none will find us ever again."
Miryia Sheydaress
    Protected by what? Do you not see us here before you. You may not be as protected as you think.
Shuri Kajevic
    We are not asking you to come back with us. But we would like to ease the worrying of some parents who have lost their children and have only realized to late they themselves are to blame.
Fiendish Xairren
    With her calming touch to his shoulder the young man nods, "We have made our home in the garden and the creatures there have accepted us. You may tell them that we have moved away. That we will not be back." "Tell them that we have changed our names and they are not to try to find us again."
Charles Staffson
    "Sir and ma'am. If this truly your voice and will I dobut I could change after hearing such resolution. I must ask...if the impossible became possible, ....the impossiblity of your parents changing came about...and them find you despite what ever efforts put against them... ....in that imposssible ending you say will never come...if it does...will you forgive them? "
Shuri Kajevic
    She looks to the others to see what their reactions are.
Krussel
    Krussel seems rather quiet sitting in the chair...
Fiendish Xairren
    She seems to nearly accept this, but the young man will not. "I warn you now. We will hide the door to this place. Any who follow will remain in the garden with us for there is no other way out of the garden." He looks at the waterfall a moment, "If you can get out."
Miryia Sheydaress
    We'll get out I assure you. I have a home and temple to return to as does my Charles here.
Charles Staffson
    Charles looks to the falls behind them.
Shuri Kajevic
    I doubt you want us as permanent house guests, so if there is a way for you to control this place you'll at least let us leave, first. But as you've already said, you don't want to reutn and we're not forcing you to. If you have no other message for your parents, then we should be on our way. She too looks back at the falls.
Fiendish Xairren
    She smiles, "Thank you." He only shrugs after taking his eyes off of the water fall, "Good luck to you" He lets her step into the alcove and follows closely behind her after she disappears a moment later. Then he too is gone.
Shuri Kajevic
    That was... ominous, she says under her breath as they leave. Then turning to Krussel who's still resting, "Are you ready to go fight the waterfall again?"
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia nods.
Charles Staffson
    Charles sighes that worlds could not change wills...but his eyes are devoted to the way they came.
Charles Staffson
    words could not
Krussel
    The dwarf seems to have fallen asleep... Soft snoring can now be heard...
Charles Staffson
    Charles carefully awakens the dwarf.
Shuri Kajevic
    She walks over to get a better look at Krussel. "I didn't think the conversation was that boring. Wake Up!" The last she says rather loudly and rather close to him.
Shuri Kajevic
    ((And Shuri tries to do so, only not so carefully. lol))
Krussel
    THE SHIP'S SINKING! Krussel shouts with a start...
Krussel
    Krussel blinks a moment as he wakes up, "Huh, what? Did we find teh kids?"
Shuri Kajevic
    We did. And they left again, for good this time. So now we need to get back out of here.
Krussel
    Fer good? They dead?
Fiendish Xairren
    You can again open a hole in the waterfall with the same great deal of work to 'escape'.
Shuri Kajevic
    *chuckles* "No, but they left and don't want to be found. So now we get to inform their parents of that decision. But at least we know they are alive and well."
Shuri Kajevic
    ((Search the room with mudmen to see if we missed any trinkets?))
Fiendish Xairren
    (does anyone stop to speak with the fathers at the inn?)
Miryia Sheydaress
    (Miryia will tell them both that the children are alive and well, but won't be returning.)
Shuri Kajevic
    ((This seems like a decent stopping point. are we headed back to Waterdeep after this, or is there more?))
Fiendish Xairren
    (kicking you all back to waterdeep ... zoom!)
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa

Re: Sybarate

Postby Xairren » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:25 am

Recovered from the body
    A pouch of twenty-one fine looking crystals
    The only bit of metal not rusted is a dimly blue dagger

ooc'ly wrote:20 crystals worth 1,000gp (50gp each)
1 crystal worth 2,500gp (1,125gp), aka Elemental Gem (Water)
1 dimly blue dagger worth 2,302gp (1,151gp), aka Dagger +1
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa

Re: Sybarate

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:44 am

After examining the crystals, Shuri decides she has no real use for them. Selling stuff is fine with her.
I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
User avatar
JuneBarcarolle
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:05 pm

Re: Sybarate

Postby Bob » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:07 pm

Charles is likewise at ease selling the found things and splitting up the coins evenly.
Bob
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:40 pm

Re: Sybarate

Postby Azmon » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Miryia has no use for any of the items, she's happy with her own daggers, and is fine selling everything.
User avatar
Azmon
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:55 pm

Re: Sybarate

Postby ilanian » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Masambe is also fine with selling everything.
Necromancy:
Helping to lessen our dependency on the funereal industrial complex.

Reduce
Reuse
Reanimate
User avatar
ilanian
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:05 pm

Re: Sybarate

Postby Arthas » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:24 am

As Krussel would rather have a stone elemental over a water version, he would like his share in gems/coin...
Arthas
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:04 am

Re: Sybarate

Postby Xairren » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:50 pm

ooc'ly wrote:treasures sold and coin divided
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa


Return to In Character Roleplaying

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest