The Beginning of the Dream

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Re: The Beginning of the Dream

Postby Kemian » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Gimme a date and I can let you know if I will be available.
User avatar
Kemian
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:34 am

Re: The Beginning of the Dream

Postby Jiriki » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:46 am

Ok, think you all might wanna try this one again? Saturdays are good for me! Particularly over night so I can rest up on sunday. Lemme know dates and stuff.
User avatar
Jiriki
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: UK!

Re: The Beginning of the Dream

Postby Xairren » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:28 am

(Welcome back Bex. Weekends are about my only option for gaming, with plenty of notice ahead of time.)
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa

Re: The Beginning of the Dream

Postby Kemian » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:15 am

I should be able to do Saturdays pretty much any time except for this Saturday which I can only be certain to be available after 9 PM chat time. There is a possibility that I can be available earlier Saturday but I won't know for certain until Friday.

Cheers,
Mark
User avatar
Kemian
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:34 am

Re: The Beginning of the Dream

Postby Jiriki » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:52 am

Proposes next saturday. As soon as possible start time?
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with gold."
User avatar
Jiriki
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: UK!

Re: The Beginning of the Dream

Postby Failbhe » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:14 pm

Xairren, Devdan, Rhyl, and Elly are the specific ones Fios has spoken with, asking them to aid him in this endevor.

(Saturday the 28th? I may still be traveling back from the whole Thanksgiving shin-dig. I can do it that evening, just need to know when.)
User avatar
Failbhe
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:30 am

Re: The Beginning of the Dream

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:49 am

If we're going with Saturday evenings, I'm available the same Saturdays Donn is. After 6:00 or 7:00pm chat is preferred.
I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
User avatar
JuneBarcarolle
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:05 pm

Re: The Beginning of the Dream

Postby Jiriki » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Saturday 28th, 6/7pm chat is fine, that's about midnight start time for me so it's a go. All aboard? Let me know what's going on if you can't make it.
User avatar
Jiriki
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: UK!

Re: The Beginning of the Dream

Postby Kemian » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:58 am

Saturdays and Tuesdays are my nights off now, so I will be there.
User avatar
Kemian
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:34 am

Re: The Beginning of the Dream

Postby Jiriki » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:21 am

I have set my alarm for 1am my time which is about 5pm chat time. I shall therefore be online about that time!! See you all there! Please bring, equipment lists, spell lists (including scrolls) and a large box of biscuits to bribe the DM with.
User avatar
Jiriki
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: UK!

Re: The Beginning of the Dream

Postby Xairren » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:46 am

(Ugh... The weather is good and we are rolling in the fields harvesting corn... I'll be there if I can.)
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa

Re: The Beginning of the Dream

Postby Xairren » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:07 pm

(yeah! done! and i did not roll a tractor or anything... well i did sheer a pin on the auger when I overloaded it... oops, but minor)
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa

Re: The Beginning of the Dream

Postby Jiriki » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:33 pm

4pm chat time, two weeks from now! (Saturday, 28th..)
User avatar
Jiriki
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: UK!

Re: The Beginning of the Dream

Postby Xairren » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:09 am

Part 1
Bodycount Bex
    *So the day has finally dawned, things are packed and people that need to know, no doubt know.......*
Xairren
    Clerical vestments have been put away and forset garb of elven make is donned. "Well met Fios-khelek"
Devdan Timolan
    Dev shows up with Chanda in tow, in all his adventuring gear.
Xairren
    Looking abou the place with a grin, Xairren notes, "You've done well with your place."
Rhyl Illaer
    Rhyl steps on into the place, glancing around to see who's here. He's wearing his hood and cloak, hiding out essentially, as he has been.
Devdan Timolan
    Dev nodded politely to Rhyl, "I don't think I have seen you since I arrived in Waterdeep. It is good to see you are well."
Fios-khelek Heru
    Items, scrolls, egg colored disks, and wrapped gear float toward an open bag, filling it with far more than it looks as though it could hold. He frowns, directing a few more servers. A large half-orc, looking all the world like Grunt Ka Thunk stands nearby, a dim smile on his face.
Xairren
    Focusing on Grunt, "You normally scowl more"
Fios-khelek Heru
    Fios grins, "Yeah. He is a bit too cheerful I fear. But he is all that remains to direct things here while I am gone."
Rhyl Illaer
    I've been around.. hiding out. Rhyl nods to Devdan, and heads over toward where Fios and the others are.
Devdan Timolan
    Dev nodded at the reply. "I heard about Charissa...and I was sorry to hear about her." Dev said quietly as he followed Rhyl to where Fios was.
Fios-khelek Heru
    Fios looks at Rhyl, a smirk on his face. "Hope your little friends do not follow us, or your big friend."
Rhyl Illaer
    Rhyl rolls his eyes at Fios' statement. "Yeah - knowing my luck, somehow one of the two are going to track me down."
Xairren
    Nods politely to the others, "Well met"
Devdan Timolan
    Dev grimaced. "I already told Fios, my coming along might cause problems for us up north...I'm not exactly...welcome there any more."
Rhyl Illaer
    What did you do up there? Rhyl looks to Devdan.
Devdan Timolan
    Aiding and abetting a heretic and insulting a high priest on the day of his funeral.
Fios-khelek Heru
    My intent is to teleport us to Silverymoon to get us closer. Then take phantom mounts from there northward. He grins, "You are our best bet Devdan. Hopefully it will not be more difficult than what else we have to deal with up there."
Fios-khelek Heru
    I expect you all packed for cold weather, but I have purchased and stored extra clothing, furs, snow shoes, and a few spells to create dwellings in the snow should we need them.
Devdan Timolan
    Dev nodded, "I brought along my fathers sword just in case I get a chance to return it."
Xairren
    Steps nearer to and glances around, "Fios, I have been studying your mission and have a bit of information that may lead us in another direction first."
Devdan Timolan
    In reply to Fios Dev nodded, "I am ready to go whenever each of you are."
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    Elly come into the Explosive Rune, running a bit later than intended, and asks around to see where the group has gathered.
Fios-khelek Heru
    Do tell Xairren.
Fios-khelek Heru
    Ah. Elly. Thank you for coming!
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    She makes her way over to the group. "Sorry I'm late. I had some last minute errands to run. So what's the plan?"
Xairren
    What you seek needs to be recovered in a specific order it seems. The mighty one known as Turlang may aid you in the first steps of this quest. It is him whom I suggest you seek first.
Xairren
    (elven) "Well met Ellyaun"
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    She nods to Xairren, trying to not interupt anything.
Fios-khelek Heru
    Fios grins. "It has been several years since I have spoken with him." he looks toward Rhyl. "We met him last on our way to Hellgate Keep to aid the elves there, yes?"
Fios-khelek Heru
    High Forest is not too far from Silverymoon. He smiles. "So that is quite workable from there."
Xairren
    Smiles with a nod, "I am ready."
Rhyl Illaer
    Rhyl is listening attentively, and he gives a nod to Fios from under the hood. He doesn't add much to the conversation at this point.
Devdan Timolan
    So...Silverymoon first?
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    That's what it sounds like.
Fios-khelek Heru
    Well. Grab a hand and lets get there. he extends a hand toward Rhyl and Devdan. Once everyone is touching, he will cast Teleport to Silverymoon.
Xairren
    Nods and joins the circle.
Rhyl Illaer
    Rhyl steps forward, taking Fios' hand, and anyone else, and bracing himself slightly for the teleport.
Devdan Timolan
    Dev joins the others.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    She steps over to the circle, taking Rhyl's hand and waits.
Bodycount Bex
    *Next stop: Silverymoon. Each of you is aware of where you land in the city having been inhabitants recently enough. You land in the precise place Grunt expected to land in.*
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    She blinks and looks around. "Well, it's been a while since I've been back here."
Fios-khelek Heru
    The teleport takes them to a barren section of land just east of Silverymoon, well within sight of the walls. Several carved stones stand nearby, those looking close will note the carvings are of a necklace with crystals around it. Once again, the symbol of Ulutiu, a place where Grunt has shaped so that it is extremely engrained into his memory.
Rhyl Illaer
    Yeah, been a while. Rhyl exhales as he looks around to see just where they have landed.
Bodycount Bex
    *And the difference in the temperature this far north is already evident. It's not the warmest of days but atleast it's dry!!*
Xairren
    Nicely done
Devdan Timolan
    Dev pulled the cowel of his cloak up against the wind. Chanda stalked around the area appearing perfectly comfortable despite the chill.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    If the cold was bothering the ranger, she wasn't showing it. She walks over to the carving and examines the handiwork. "You've been preparing this trip for a while, now," she says looking towards Fios.
Fios-khelek Heru
    I find marking an area makes teleportation nearly impossible to equate to death of those traveling.
Fios-khelek Heru
    I make regular trips up here to feed Fluffy. So it helps.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    I will have to keep that in mind.
Xairren
    Do you wish to conjure steads as well Fios or shall I? Grins, "Though yours may be a might bit faster."
Fios-khelek Heru
    He reaches into his satchel and pulls out an egg colored disk with half a dozen horses carved. "I have a few disks of these made up to keep spells memorized freed up."
Xairren
    Chuckles, "Wisdom worthy of an elf as Llar'riel might say"
Devdan Timolan
    Dev shook his head and smiled. "It's been a while since I travelled with so many arcanists."
Fios-khelek Heru
    He cracks the disk and six ethereal mounts (Phantom Steed) appear from the ethereal plane, stepping out of no where.
Bodycount Bex
    ((It is dark, early evening.))
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    She watches the steeds, then looks at Fios, then back to the steeds. "Very nice." And she then walks over to one of the horses.
Rhyl Illaer
    Rhyl frowns at the steed - he's never bothered to get a horse himself and isn't too thrilled with riding them.
Xairren
    Looks appreciatively at the mounts, "Capable of flight then?"
Devdan Timolan
    Dev checked his weapons and equipment to ensure he was prepared to ride and then he glanced down at the cat beside him and smiled. "It looks like you are going to get a work out trying to keep up." Chanda makes a sound that sounds suspiciously like a derisive snort in response.
Fios-khelek Heru
    If he follows his pervious habits, the elder treant Turlang patrols the High Forest by night. It is our best chance to locate him.
Bodycount Bex
    *Hooves that disappear into mist stamp and tramp, awaiting their riders the horse stand semi patiently.*
Fios-khelek Heru
    Flight and about four times as fast as a a horse.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    She scratches her head. "I was wondering why we were starting out this late." And she climbs up one of the strange horses. "Traveling with wizards is going to be an interesting experience."
Devdan Timolan
    Dev grimaced at that announcement and then looked at the snow cat. "Shall I have Chanda wait here for us to return?"
Xairren
    Whisper lands on Xairren shoulder and remains strangely quiet after Xairren mounts.
Rhyl Illaer
    Rhyl climbs up onto the mount, still eyeing it skeptically.
Bodycount Bex
    *Chanda actually seems to be happier with not going near the strange mounts.. ears back and hunched with slitted eyes.*
Xairren
    Hold Chanda in your lap, we do not know where next we may go.
Fios-khelek Heru
    He lights his glowing orb to full light, (120ft bright)
Devdan Timolan
    Dev climbs smoothly onto the mount.
Xairren
    Chuckles, "What a strange sight we shall make tonight."
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    *chuckles* "No kidding."
Bodycount Bex
    *And that cat does not look impressed at Dev... *
Devdan Timolan
    Dev grimaced at Xairren's response and nodded, "She's not going to be happy about this."
Devdan Timolan
    indeed Dev glances in her direction and the cat reluctantly climbs up with Dev. It looks pretty crowded atop the horse.
Bodycount Bex
    *Most cats yowl and this cat in particular is not really that different. Stubborn, a low rasping sound comes at first from deep in its throat, teeth reveal themselves.. but almost with a huff of reluctance it leaps at the final moment onto Dev's lap and crouches. Tail twitching indignantly.*
Xairren
    Ever eager to fly, Xairren quickly leaps into the air upon his mount with a laugh.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    Elly also has her horse take off, though not quite as eagerly as the sun elf. Horses don't normally fly.
Devdan Timolan
    Dev can't help but smile and scratch the cat behind her ear. "I think Rhyl understands how you feel." he says sympathetically to the cat.
Fios-khelek Heru
    Fios mounts up, as though he is used to this. He gives a pat to the mount. "Just direct them, it is easy as falling off a pier."
Devdan Timolan
    Then he nudges the horse along and urges it to follow the others.
Bodycount Bex
    *And before too long, you are all on your way. Moving swiftly. Small hamlets stare in wonder and small children gasp in delight as they peer in curiosity at the small cluster of riders that race through the dusk with a glowing orb before them... The disc full of packages only completes the look to the viewers.*
Bodycount Bex
    *From here and at this pace it seems you're almost racing the moon across a clear cut velvet sky. Only this velvet is cold. The river from which a barbarian takes his name shines for a short moment and then it's gone underneath you and finally the wood streams out before you..*
Xairren
    Smiles gleefully at the sight of Home.
Bodycount Bex
    *Below you, nearer to formerly Hellsgate, the woodland from above does show a marked ring of newer growth, those who live here know that the verge of about a quarter-mile in depth all along the edge of the forest is wild. Shrubs, thornbushes and brambles are encouraged to grow and line up, forming a natural barrier to non woodland creatures. Foresters are free to cut the tree's that do manage to struggle up through the clinging vine.*
Rhyl Illaer
    Rhyl peers down below, frowning to himself as the terrain is familiar to him, to a degree -- even from way up here.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    She watches the ground go by underneath them as they travel. It's quite different from how it appears to travellers on the ground. It's so, peaceful.
Devdan Timolan
    Dev continues to follow along, he is not as familiar as the others of this terrain and it holds no special place in his mind or heart but it is an interesting ride.
Fios-khelek Heru
    Fios heads down into the forest below, passing over the bramble barrier that he recalls spending hours pushing through. A smile on his lips as he descends.
Bodycount Bex
    *And nearing the northwest corner of the forest, the horses slow their pace. They move to a lesser height and then to the ground.. ((Elly can I have a knowledge nature roll please?))*
Devdan Timolan
    As soon as they touch the ground Chanda leaps to the ground and away from the horse that Dev is on.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    Elly remains on the horse for now, looking around at their choice of landing places. "Are we there yet?"
Bodycount Bex
    *The moonlight changes on this level. It's dark. Intimidating. There's a presence there unseen. Deep within the northern most edges of the High Forest is a glade, an opening that is defended with a high wall of strong and the most oldest of trees. .*
Xairren
    Do you think we are close Fios?
Fios-khelek Heru
    He always wandered, patroling. Keep your blades sheathed and make not fires if you would. he grins.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    She nods at that. "Is he expecting us, by chance?"
Bodycount Bex
    *And at this point, the wall is impenetrable. At every turn the sense of being watched seems to get more intense... then, at Fios' words there's a creaking and groaning sound as the two largest tree's before your eyes create a gap that you can pass through in single file.*
Devdan Timolan
    Dev nodded at Fios's words.
Fios-khelek Heru
    Fios' image shimmers, taking on the appearance of the half-orc you all know. "I doubt it. Best go with an appearance he may recall. Not that all half-orcs do not look alike to him I am sure." he chuckles.
Rhyl Illaer
    Rhyl looks out and around at his surroundings, and he looks over toward the gap that appears in the trees. "Guess he's in that direction."
Fios-khelek Heru
    Or they are directing us out.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    She smiles at that. "Maybe, but very few half orcs look like they just stepped out of an ice chest."
Fios-khelek Heru
    Any tracker sort want to go first or shall the roguish type half-orc?
Bodycount Bex
    *Within the wall is a lush dimly lit forested realm. The air in its everpresent tree-gloom glows blue. This light comes from the amorphous, mindless and slowly ambulatory luminescent forest floor, fungi, and from glowing moss trailing from the branches of dying trees.*
Bodycount Bex
    *There, in the centre is the hugest tree you have even seen in Faerun to your knowledge.*
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    She dismounts at that. "Want someone to make sure the path is safe, or just see who's been here before us?"
Fios-khelek Heru
    Probably a .. uhm .. good idea.
Devdan Timolan
    Chanda and I could go first, if you want a set of eyes and ears that are good in the dark...if you want someone to follow a trail though that is not us.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    She looks at the ground, studying it closely for a few moments. "There's nothing unusual here. Other than animals I would assume we're the only walking creatures to have passed through here in quite some time."
Rhyl Illaer
    Rhyl can see well enough in the dark although he doesn't volunteer as Devdan already has. Instead, he keeps his eyes open. Not that he's paranoid or anything. Of course not.
Fios-khelek Heru
    Fios meanders along after Elly toward the opening and the huge ass tree.
Bodycount Bex
    *A low dry sound comes into your hearing. It takes some time to understand what you're hearing at first. As if you're having to learn how to tune in to the words..* Stand and speak. I will know of your lies and truths. Stand and speak.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    At the woods themselves seem to speak to them, Elly stops and turns to Fios... err, Grunt.
Devdan Timolan
    Dev stops when the trees speak...that's not something he's accustomed to.
Fios-khelek Heru
    My name is Grunt Ka Thunk, now known as Fios-Khelek. We met several years ago now on a few occasions. he says softly in the Sylvan tongue. "We are seeking aid if you are able and willing."
Bodycount Bex
    *The gap becomes larger and the tree in the middle is more evident. The tree seems to shake and more of that odd voice and it's speaking continues.* I know you Grunt. Several years? In the time of men maybe, for the ancients it is merely a winds breath.
Rhyl Illaer
    Rhyl peers over from under his hood toward the giant, speaking tree, though he remains quiet as he listens.
Fios-khelek Heru
    A year is a moment for you true. He looks at his friends and comrades. "Xairren," he gestures, "Indicated you may have additional information for me regarding, " he holds out the necklace, "locating additional crystals that belong to this holy symbol of Lord Ulutiu." he folds his hands in front of himself.
Bodycount Bex
    *The tree's limb moves in what can only be construed as a gesture of welcoming to the whole group.* Come, rest in this place of safety. Ulutiu, a name I have not heard in these parts in a while. Talk more, I have memories.
Devdan Timolan
    Dev relaxed slightly at the gesture of welcome.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    She bows and then enters the grove. "Thank you."
Bodycount Bex
    I have heard of this. This crystal that you have is not the only one in this plain. Some will be harder to reach than others for those who would move against you are manipulative. They would chain the world and have all bend their knees in slavery.. But you knew this tree-friend. The first is in the hottest of fires, but it does not burn.
Rhyl Illaer
    Rhyl moves on in as the others enter, listening to the conversation between the two.
Fios-khelek Heru
    Fios shrugs, making a few gestures toward the area as well. He then takes a seat upon the ground in the grove. "Ulutiu has been communicating with me. Or it seems he has." he opens his satchel, placing some fruits and bread out of a wrapped package.
Devdan Timolan
    Dev follows along with the others.
Bodycount Bex
    Ulutiu does not yet rot in the way of others that were gods rot. They have failed and vanished. But does Ulutiu die slowly? He sinks into glaciers deep, unwilling and unwitting to rescue himself? I think not. He has a follower with a true heart. Trust your judgment.
Fios-khelek Heru
    And you have heard from the earth where these crystals may lay?
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    She quietly sits down and the ground, watching and listening to the exchange.
Devdan Timolan
    Dev finds a place to sit down.
Bodycount Bex
    *A low rumble of sound occurs as the tree moves it's roots slightly.* The first you have. A taster to see if dreamers really dream.. the second sits in the spine, a third in a jungle, fourth a place of worship for the sea hag, fifth in a desolate land of theives. *Another sound of laughter,* you will fit right in.
Rhyl Illaer
    Rhyl settles down as well, leaning back to listen, no longer glancing over his shoulders quite as much. Perhaps he's confident that elves aren't going to follow him in here.
Fios-khelek Heru
    A treant laughing. He looks around. "That is .. unique."
Bodycount Bex
    Sixth, in a river of ice, seventh in a place where giants break their necks, eighth lays where a god sleeps eternal, the ninth high in the winds and the last hides in the beginning and the end. Tree friend, are you certain you can undertake this quest? It will be dangerous, some may fall along the way.
Fios-khelek Heru
    Think what shall happen if Auril or Umberlee are left to go unopposed with the death of Ulutiu? he says, sighing. "Nothing worth doing is easy, is it?"
Bodycount Bex
    *The wind lifts and rustles through the tree's branches... the sense of the place changes for a good few minutes of silence. And then it returns to normal.* I shall aid you. Where you go firstly will take you into the fires of the world. Lakes of liquid stone will be your biggest threat there. I can assist you. Come forward and receive my boon.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    This is no small task, that's for sure.
Devdan Timolan
    Dev fidgets a little at the thought of unleashing another meddler on the world but he remains silent.
Fios-khelek Heru
    Fios frowns, but stands and moves to see what this boon is that the treant would offer them.
Bodycount Bex
    *When Fios is near enough a small nut falls into his hands.* This will not protect you for long. But it will protect you for a while should you need it.. This path will be arduous and maybe the death of at least one of you. Rest here if you will, I have places I need to travel to.
Fios-khelek Heru
    Throw it at my enemies and it will turn them to stone? he asks curiously.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    That could be handy.
Bodycount Bex
    Hold it close and keep your friends close by you. It will allow you to withstand great temperatures for a while longer than normal. I cannot go with you. But I can aid you with knowledge and this small gift.
Fios-khelek Heru
    I thank you sir. he looks about, "should you need aid, we will be here until morning then."
Bodycount Bex
    *The tree's bear this in consideration and continue their vigil as the wind passes through their long limbs.*
Bodycount Bex
    *Next morning a light mist lays in and on the ground. A thick blanket of leaves appears to have fallen onto those who sleep, while those awake don't seem to have had any troubles. Its not cold here. Turlang is gone having departed in the night.*
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    She gets up, stretches, and looks around. "I do miss the woods at times."
Rhyl Illaer
    Rhyl isn't big on sleeping outside, likely due to impending paranoia, but it's safe enough in here out of prior experience, so he's managed to get some sleep.
Devdan Timolan
    Dev who was already up and moving nodded, "It's certainly much quieter than the city."
Fios-khelek Heru
    I do miss sleeping out like this. Never quite certain if you will actually wake up or if you will be dead come morning.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    It is quiet. Though that's not exactly the kind of peaceful rest I think of when I remember camping as a kid.
Rhyl Illaer
    They seem to keep those elves out from what I recall.. at least that's good.
Fios-khelek Heru
    Off northward then to this burning mountain you have knowledge of Devdan?
Devdan Timolan
    Dev nodded, "Yes I believe the mountain being spoke of is Talos Keep."
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    So how do we get there? Do we ride some more of those wonderful horses?
Fios-khelek Heru
    That would be the optimal means of transport I believe.
Devdan Timolan
    It is a ride's worth of travel via horseback east of my village.
Devdan Timolan
    There are plenty of Giants and a few dragons that range those peaks so it might be best to get close and then go the rest of the way on foot so as not to draw attention.
Fios-khelek Heru
    These mounts do not need to fly, the additional speed would still be handy. Yes?
Rhyl Illaer
    Giants and dragons..that will be fun.
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    Her eyes go wide. "Giant we could probably keep away from, but dragons? I think that might be more of a distraction than what we really want to deal with."
Fios-khelek Heru
    Any objections to another trip?
Xairren
    No
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    Then let's get moving.
Devdan Timolan
    Dev shook his head. "No objections here."
Fios-khelek Heru
    Fios cracks open another disk and the ethereal mounts appear once more.
Rhyl Illaer
    Rhyl goes to mount one of the ethereal critters, preparing for more travel.
Xairren
    Xairren quickly takes to the air again.
Bodycount Bex
    *And once mounted, you are all under way again. The horses take you into the air once more, this time heading to the north west.... and come lunchtime the spine is before you looming larger and broader.*
Devdan Timolan
    Dev shakes his head in wonder at the speed of it all and is indeed looking down at a familiar landscape.
Bodycount Bex
    *The air here is colder, more frigid and even drier. The air is thinner than you'd expect at this altitude. Jagged cliffs in the distance become huger crevices as you come closer. Finding a safer place to land on ice and snow is not going to be easy..*
Ellyaun Silverleaf
    Elly quietly moves along, flying through the sky on her horse. As lunchtime rolls around, she wonders, "Do we get meals on this flight?"
Fios-khelek Heru
    Lets take a respite for a bite of lunch, aye? he asks, searching for a landing spot.
Bodycount Bex
    *Landing is successful, the snow leopard seems to be happier than ever to be on cold and icey footings...*
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa

PreviousNext

Return to In Character Roleplaying

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron