Dark Days

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Dark Days

Postby Azmon » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:47 pm

It was a fairly quiet morning for Drik, Cirius, Deranthil, Kaileta & Vandric in the Coxswain. Most having their breakfast and Deranthil just stepping inside, when a sweaty, dirt-covered woman in blue robes burst in snapping everyones attention to her when she start screaming.

The woman stated a ruby-eyed witch had tricked her and kidnapped the woman's child, and had also sent minions after the woman. She gave the group directions and everyone set out, but minions had followed the woman, and as soon as Cirius stepped out the door the group was attacked by three Spectral Panthers.

It took quite a bit of effort to kill them, it was Cirius that fell first only to be revived later, but Dirk, the Watch Captain wasn't so lucky and died from his throat being ripped out. He managed to take out two of the panthers, leaving only a single panther still up, which Kaileta & Vandric quickly put down then moved to revive Cirius.

After the fight the Coxswain door creaks open and the woman gasps seeing the aftermath.
She agrees to lead the others to the witch as long as they will protect her, if not she will give them simple directions. (Post for continuation)

Dirk and his belongings will be honored and buried by members of the Watch. His canine companion Jules will be given assistant guardianship of Watch barraks.

Cirius was also asked if he wished to rejoin the Watch.

Lastly 3 gold and jewel encrusted collars were found on the cats worth 150gp/each and, if skinned, the panther fur sells for 25gp/each.
Azmon

Re: Dark Days

Postby Arthas » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Kaileta and Vandric agree to continue protecting the woman and attempt rescue of her daughter on behalf of House Raventree, and also for the man who died fighting on their side...

Also, the woman was invited by Kaileta to stay in a guest room of House Raventree -under protection of the house guards- until this ordeal is over.

(I should be available anytime, esp on nights and weekends)
Last edited by Arthas on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arthas

Postby Deaths_Mask » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:22 pm

Cirius would deny the return to the Watch (the pay is shit) but would gladly go help deal with the witch. She has much to pay for. If only for being a royaly pain in the side (which thanks to magic healed, but thats entirely not the point!)

This week my shift is: (ALL EASTERN TIME! 3 hours ahead of chat if I recall right)
Sunday: 230p-11p
Mon: 1030a-7p
Tues: OFF!
Wed: 345p-12a
Thurs: OFF!
Fri: 1230p-9p
Sat: 1230p-9p
Deaths_Mask

Postby Sergeantbob » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Deranthil will go along, as Cirius has treated him well, and he wouldnt want to see the human die

My current schedule: (note, All times are in Eastern Standard Time)
Monday: TT
Tuesday: OFF
Weds-Sun: Work 4pm-midnight
Sergeantbob

Postby Azmon » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Looks like Tuesdays are the best day to continue? Keep me updated as I'm working things out, hopefully we can continue this Tuesday the 27th. If not we may be able to continue this in the forums until then. Let me know what you think including anyone else that wishes to play Levels 1-10. Add your class & levels please.
Azmon

Postby Deaths_Mask » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:09 pm

NEW SHIFT UPDATE!

Sun- 1030a-7p (unless i am sick which may very well happen)
Mon- 1030a-7p
Tues- 1030-7p
Wed- 1030-7p
Thurs OFF
Fri OFF
Sat 1230-9
Deaths_Mask

Postby Arthas » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Edit: (I should be available anytime, esp on nights and weekends)

Tuesdays and Thursdays I have karate, and Mondays I have a college class...
Fire Dept. meetings every other Thursday...

So, I'll be on late Tuesdays, if at all, and I doubt I'd be available Mondays or Thursdays...
Arthas

Postby Deaths_Mask » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:59 am

As a warning, I have no internet at home at the moment. I am trying to get this fixed... And it may involve going to India and murdering half a dozen tech support junkies but damnit! IT SHALL BE REPAIRED!!! *gets out big stick and starts banging on modem*

Note: I now have Net again... Though it is still buggy around 8pm est again. But at least I have it now. Stupid techies! *huffs*
Deaths_Mask

Postby Azmon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Having decided to hunt the witch that had sent the panthers, Cirius, Kaileta & her bodyguard Vandric gained the information they could from the woman. Mid-afternoon they set out into the forest and faced no problems until the evening, when, a small group of hungry goblins were caught scavenging through the campsite. Out of the three goblins only one was killed, the other two captured, one of them being charmed by Kaileta. Both were tied to a tree but the uncharmed one managed to escape it's bonds and flee into the night.

The following moring the single goblin left was re-charmed and it lead the party to who the goblins referred to as the "black" or "dark" lady of the area, and indeed she was "dark" as Cirius found out entering the witch's cave alone.

For much of the time Cirius was forced to chat with the witch's red glowing eyes in an area of near complete darkness. When the witch decided to reveal herself, the darkness of the room itself seemed to pull together and focus in a small area to form the witch's body, a body composed of a deep icy cold blackness swirling slowly while holding the form. In fact the only thing not seemingly composed of the darkness was her gleaming ruby eyes. The newly lit cave in which Crius stood and lit it was as glowing candles revealed themselves, was amazingly pleasant looking. A single attack proved Cirius didn't have the means to hurt the witch, and not only that, tendrils of darkness curled up his blade from the attack forcing him to drop it. The witch, more displeased Cirius actually tried to hurt her after having their conversation, dispelled her form and the darkness engulfed the cave once more.

While Cirius was inside trying to get the child back through mostly diplomatic means, Vandric, Kaileta & her pet goblin were confronted by the goblin that escaped the following night. The creature though had obviously been changed by the witch and a battle with the thing quickly ensued. The changed goblin shrugged off Kaileta's charm spell like it was nothing, healed rapidly from wounds, breathed a wave of icy blackness from it's mouth like a dragon, and when by luck Vandric killed it, the thing exploded in a huge wave of that icy darkness the same substance it was able to breathe and similar to the witch's body. Kaileta's pet goblin never had a chance and was frozen soild in ice at the end of the battle.

After the battle Cirius emerged with no child, and the party was about to try and send him back in, when the entrance to the cave changed. Resembling a set of jaws it closed sealing the only way back in. The witch's voice drifted past them speaking to Cirius saying she would consider his proposal. With that, the group headed back to Waterdeep and Cirius began research to figure out who or what the witch is....

To Be Continued...
Azmon

Postby Azmon » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:24 pm

The Coxswain was busy last night, a few days since Cirius, Kaileta & Vandric returned. There was much talk of the adventure they'd been on and a man by the name of Raz offered to help kill the witch along with Charles, who quickly informed his temple. Kaileta had drunk herself silly in depression over failing while Vandric made a few comments here and there, watching over the lady. But it was Cirius, that seemed the most upset, maybe he was shaken or something else after being the only one to witness the witch and her power to an extent.

Vandric & Cirius were about to take Kaileta home to rest when the Coswain door burst open and a group of goblins, two orcs, and an odd looking goblin, familiar to Kaileta and Vandric, came running in, after having snuck into the city. Battle quickly ensued, and it was the goblins that fell first and quickly only half of them remaining, when Lord Wands arrived, shouldering in the door with little effect. Odd goblin decided to move from the door that hit him in the back, and acrobatically jumped over it's friend and sent Raz to the floor with it's mace. A drunken, but lucky, Kaileta blasted the ugly thing in the head causing it to explode on them once more killing all it's allies and freezing them and sending the Coxswain door off it's hinges.

Raz was revived and bodies gathered, Kaileta being drunk had fun blasting a few of the frozen statues while giggling before she was stopped. Cirius took a grisly trophy of the ugly odd goblin's twitching hand and after being annoyed enough, broke a finger off for Lord Wands to study. Ellyaun Silverleaf arrived then on the scene and helped heal the wounded Raz, it wasn't long until the Watch arrived as well. Taking statements from everyone and a few extra words with Lord Wands, they told the barkeeper they would be back to clean up the mess. The items scattered around were left to everyone.

Later that night a robed figure with ruby eyes slides through the dark streets of Waterdeep. There's a knock on a door and yelling from the other side. The doorknob turns to rust and the figure slides inside, the door being closed behind......
Azmon

Postby Azmon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:48 am

A moon elf woman by the name of Delatine has taken up residence in the slums part of Waterdeep. Several of the buildings have been restored and now house an unknown people that chant during the evening hours and sometimes well into the following morning.
The elf has asked Kavir to have the Watch leave the people to their own affairs and she left the guard with a chilly warning. A man by the name of Antiny has also been hired to help with any future restoration. So far, she and the people in the area have given no reason to be suspect of anything.
Azmon

Postby Lifeinwinter » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:56 am

Antiny will show up for the better part of each day to help the work and restoration with his awesome crafting skills.
Lifeinwinter

Postby Kavir » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:03 am

"There's something not right about all this..." Kavir said to himself after Delatine vanished in a rather sinister way... Sure,the people there gave no reason to be looked at with suspicion, but the elf he met there chilled the blood in his vanes with the last warning. Clearly, she was trying to intimidate him out of noting his superiors... If there was indeed nothing wrong with the new residents, why the secrecy and the intimidation? "No. This matter can't be left to rest just like this...I have a bad feeling about it..."He mumbled to himself...." If I get the Guard or the Watch involved, it might prove deeper than they can see... But this matter should be brought to their attention...I'll seek Evander's counsel... And tell my superiors to divert occasional patrols through here...I'll have some walks through here myself... Also, the Halls of Justice might want to hear about it
Kavir

Postby Kavir » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:07 pm

It had been two days, and he was still troubled...Two days, and all questions still remained with no answers. He found Cirius,but that served nothing, other than fuel his suspicion and let him know the former watchman was on Delatine's payroll. However, he was more at ease this time. He had spoken to brother Evander, who shared his thoughts on the slums matter. Cirius and Delatine were clearly up to something possibly harmful..."Another of society's festering wounds afraid of the light?" he said to himself, quoting Evander. After consulting the cleric, his next move would be alerting both the Guard and the Watch. "But be discreet. Make them seem regular patrols, don't budge into things,don't alert them..." he would tell them. But it may very well be useless. "They know...They will know why watchmen will be there... They've surely been observing me... But let them know,let them watch... I have nothing to hide... I act in daylight"
Kavir

Postby Azmon » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Kavir convinces the Watch to patrol the area and so it happens...
The people Delatine is supposedly trying to protect are quiet, always seeming to mind their own business. And every night they slowly filter into the temple building and begin their odd chanting at the exact same time.

It's not long after the patrols start, though nothing in the cleaned slums seems amiss, children in the surrounding area begin disappearing. Poor families begin to blame the Watch and demanding they leave, for nothing happened until they came. The entire Trades Wards slums seems to rear it's head and focus an angry gaze on the Watch. A few attacks on members have occurred, but nothing serious....yet.
Azmon

Next

Return to In Character Roleplaying