Talos visits the Market

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Talos visits the Market

Postby Xairren » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:36 am

Scene by Fortune of Fools (Joe) wrote:Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    Llarriel exchanges a coin for a selection of several choice items for Elminstrel, who does his best to trip the vendor. Dried rothe strips are a favorite of his, and if he succeeds, he will be able to make off with far more than his share.

Fortune of Fools
    *The evening started out in the marketplace, like so many others. The usual endless noise of someone selling something in the marketplace no matter what time of the day it was. A pleasant evening as summer runs past fall and quickly turning toward winter as it does along the coast... a wind starting to pick up strength from the direction of the ocean*

Xairren
    "Careful there" points out Elminstrel's antics.

Macallan Thorp
    Macallan steps along with a meat pie in hand, wrapped in wax paper. Grease oozes down the paper as he chews. He groans, "Gods, but these are so good. It is like she uses divine magic in the baking."

Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    Llarriel is Elven of course, though not as frail a membre of her species as some. Librarians are in general a hardy peoples, for tomes are heavy and the weak are weeded out by sick contagious book-sneezing-on borrowers.

Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    She revels in teh rising wind, and the way the many shades of her hair swirl in the gusts. "Elminstrel. Stop, or I will bathe you immediately." The sun elf grins at her illustrious companion, even if her grin is a rather stately thing, appropriate to the moment and no more.

Macallan Thorp
    Macallan waves toward Xairren and Llarriel, meandering toward the familiar elves.

Xairren
    Chuckles

Xairren
    Well met Master Thorp

Macallan Thorp
    Evening Xairren. And good evening to you as well Librarian.

Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    Macallan approaches, and she greets him appropriately, and as usual, in a decent tongue. "Well met this fair eventide, Lord Macallan. " Her golden eyes twinkle slightly as she inclines her head to her usual degree to him, which is to say, not what a human might expect. Or some elves, perhaps. A matter of... perspective.

Xairren
    What brings you out on such an evening?

Macallan Thorp
    I am heading home from the warehouses down on the docks. he smiles, "And tempted into a meal by Mrs. Lovett's meat pies."

Krussel
    Krussel wanders the market, stopping to browse the wares of the occasional weapon or armor merchant.

Xairren
    Tilts head, "Mrs. Lovett's?"

Miryia Sheydaress
    It's been too long since Miryia has been in the Market. In fact it's been too long since she's even been to the surface. The fresh air is nice and enjoyable even if not the warmest. In her enjoyment she forgets to pay attention and ends up walking straight into Xairren and the others. She quickly apologizes "I'm sorry!"

Aelia Lockhart
    Aelia wanders into the after-crowd of the market, mostly people going in the other direction to her.

Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    She watches the grease pool on the paper, averts her eyes hastily, but not before Miryia nearly impales herself on various elven eartips, dangerous pointy things that they are.

Xairren
    Carefull, carefull

Fortune of Fools
    *As if by magic...or perhaps divine influence... as soon as Aelia wanders into the market. The winds continue to pick up. And they continue blowing strong.. gusting.. Clouds move in above, perhaps one of those fearsome storms of the north blowing in.. The clouds are dark and angry looking.. lightning flashing among them. And thunder begins to boom in response... but for the nature worthy.. that seemed backwards.. shouldn't it thunder first....*

Macallan Thorp
    She runs a meat pie cart down the block here. he grins, licking the last of his meat pie from his fingers. "Best damn meat pies in the whole city, possibly the whole of the north."

Aelia Lockhart
    She's not particularly muscular, nor dextrous like most of elven blood are more-or-less expected to be, and she does get jostled around every so often. But, taking it all in stride, Aelia emerges from a knot of people and peers around for a likely source of fresh food - and then peers up at the sky instead.

Krussel
    Krussel glances up at the darkening sky, muttering "Rust" as if a curse word...

Miryia Sheydaress
    Well that's nice, noticing the thunder. "Nice but odd." She shakes she's shaking some dust off. "I really shouldn't stay in the temple so long." She then smiles, "Evening everyone by the way."

Macallan Thorp
    Looks like a night for sitting by a warm fire with a cup in hand and a warm body snuggled up beside you.

Aelia Lockhart
    And so, the Stormlord comes, Aelia murmurs, then looks around to see how the citygoers are going to take this. Probably by running for cover - which is as it should be.

Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    Her ears twitch delicately as she stares golden eyed at the sky, frowning. "Odd... I should think the storm is occuring in reverse, save for the building strength of the winds." (Elven)

Fortune of Fools
    *The dark clouds continue to gather and seemingly pull together. The wind blowing...gusting now. Strong enough to begin to be unconfortable, and the rains begin to let loose. The lightning clouds overhead. flashing their show, the sound booming after... *

Xairren
    Yes, beware this storm.

Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia seems strangely comfortable in the weather. "I'd hate to go inside anyplace right now, but I'm guessing the rest of you would like to?"

Aelia Lockhart
    Aelia is quickly wet, heading in the direction of drenched - and sensibly, she too starts looking for some convenient cover. Perhaps over there where the others are all gathered?

Fortune of Fools
    *The wind gusts pushing over anything loose. Rain begins the torrential down pour. Gathering quickly in pools of water, the rain coming down too quickly to run off in time*

Krussel
    Hullo, Xairren, Lari- Lary-eel... Krussel says in greeting as he spots the sun elves, perhaps mispronouncing Llarriel's name on purpose...

Macallan Thorp
    Macallan frowns, stepping closer to the elves to take shelter until the worst of the brewing storm passes.

Armin Darro
    Armin was hooded in his big black cowl, to drive out the rain. It was strong leathery material, not easily soaked. He was careful to keep his satchel of books well hidden in his sheepskin rainrpoof gnome constructed bookbag.

Miryia Sheydaress
    Most of you I seem to know, I'm Miryia by the way, and seems you don't need a cleaning from me Krussel. She grins and looks at the other elven woman in the group, "but I don't think I've met you before."

Aelia Lockhart
    Did someone take Talos' name in vain? Aelia asks the loose group of people (as in, the PCs) as she arrives under their shelter.

Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    The familiar cat at her feet hisses, and leaps into Llarriel's arms. She frowns, and then moves towards the nearest doorway. "Talk under shelter, then." (What shelter? They were in the market?)

Krussel
    Krussel mutters something in dwarven, then adds "Hullo Miryia."

Armin Darro
    He stopped as he saw a group of people, recognizing a few elves. He joined Llarriel under the shelter of a tarp. He wiped the rain from his forhead.

Krussel
    Krussel doesn't immediately take cover, letting the rain wash today's ashes from the forge off his head.

Macallan Thorp
    Macallan flicks the brim of his hat, removing the water from it. Swishing his coat free of the collected rain.

Xairren
    After following Llar'riel to 'shelter' Xairren rubs his eyes quickly with something from a pocket and speaks a word of magic.

Xairren
    Ware the central cloud!

Macallan Thorp
    Ware? Where? Wear?

Aelia Lockhart
    Lightning?

Fortune of Fools
    *Mud seemingly reaches up from the ground, trapping the lower part of Aelia's body... Lightning flashes around the central cloud as folks look up at Xairren's shout. (up to you if you do or not).* ((Everyone hit me with a quick spot))

Aelia Lockhart
    Quickly rooted to the ground, Aelia finds her mind wouldn't permit her to flee in any case as it races through all the possible reasons this might be happening...

Fortune of Fools
    *The others... only look at the churning angry dark cloud above, and the flashing of lighting.. But it's hard to look up through the wind and driving rain*

Armin Darro
    He watched from under his hood, seemingly still and unworried.

Macallan Thorp
    I would like to reiterate my belief that nothing good truly comes from the interference of the deities directly with mortals. he says, shaking his head.

Krussel
    Krussel stares at the sky, "The hells?" He puts on his shield and takes his axe just in case, but seems doubtful they will help.

Aelia Lockhart
    Not the Hells, Aelia responds. There's an emotion in her voice that those present haven't heard from her, before - fear. "The heavens. He rules them and their fury, and He is not pleased with me."

Macallan Thorp
    Macallan steps around the corner, ducking behind a stall and blends away into the Market.

Fortune of Fools
    *The words.. the yelling can be felt more then heard in your minds* JUST THE HEAVENS!! I AM TALOS!! I RULE ALL THAT I DESIRE!!

Fortune of Fools
    I HAD SUCH HOPE, MY REWARD...A COWARD HIDING WITH THE OTHER RATS. HAVE YOU EVEN MADE ONE CHILD TREMBLE BEFORE MY WRATH AND POWER....SEE WHAT MY POWER IS...DIE FROM MY DISPLEASURE, TRY TO DO THAT WELL!"

Fortune of Fools
    *Lighting flashes crashing down, striking buildings. One starts a fire in a building, that roars into life taking a life of it's own as the building is engulfed by a creature of pure fire...*

Fortune of Fools
    *Another crashes into the earth near Aelia, and the stone ground itself begins to pull forth from the ground knocking over smaller carts near it. The pools of water gather and lift up and proceeds to swamp over a few more carts destroying them... and the wind continues to howl strongly*

Armin Darro
    "We are in awe of your power, Talos"

Aelia Lockhart
    The woman visibly pales, and calls out to the others, "Talos the Destroyer! Run, flee his fury!"

Krussel
    What'd ye do ta' get a god mad at ya?!

Miryia Sheydaress
    Awe? Not really, Eilistraee makes me awe, but then I am her servant.

Xairren
    Taking a small item from a pocket Xairren again casts a spell creating a briefly seen expanding globe around him, Llerriel and whomever may be close.

Aelia Lockhart
    I did not destroy what merely needed to be educated!

Xairren
    To Llar'riel, "Don't run yet"

Aelia Lockhart
    If that is your command, my Lord! she then yells through the wind and rain. Her slight elven form grows larger quickly, muscles bunching in very unladylike manners as the torc around her neck tries mightily to adjust the appearance of her troll form to that of her own.

Aelia Lockhart
    (Clothes, unfortunately, meld together with her armor. So it's a twelve-foot naked Aelia, but still appearing to be her and not a big honking troll.) She then gestures, speaking words of nature's power, and a genuine unicorn's horn thrusts its way from her forehead. [Done.]

Macallan Thorp
    Attack of the fifteen foot woman! a voice calls out in a gasp.

Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    Magic flicks across her skin as she summons a small spell,. (Mage armor) She had been staying close to Xairren, to do as he does, as in leave for safer areas, or to get in the way assist him as needed.Given the spell he uses on them and their nearest companions however, she states as calmly as she may,

Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    As you wish. YOu will please inform me when it is time to run and panic. Elminstrel doesnt' wait, struggles in his mistress' arms and puffs out as only a wet cat in a lightning storm can.

Aelia Lockhart
    Aelia almost stumbles, then rights herself - and takes a moment in the middle of all this to look at something on the floor near her. Just a moment, though.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia draws her blade but waits until she should flee or fight.

Fortune of Fools
    ((pDM time *grins*)) The earth elemental finishes pulling itself out of the stuff of the ground, and starts to plod toward a building crashing through the structure. ((Armin is up))

Armin Darro
    Armind calmly takes some powder from a satchel around his neck and spinkles it in a cirle around Himself.(spellcraft DC 16) "Excuse me." He then takes a step back to get some cover behind a doorwar.

Fortune of Fools
    ((map is up, place yourselves. Aelia is 1 (already placed) red is fire, brown is earth, blue is water. Water seems to be heading toward Aelia, Red is currently just burning down the building it is in. Earth is heading away from aelia..apparently into the building in front of it))

Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia says a quick slightly musical prayer and is outlined in white for a moment.

Krussel
    Krussel does his best not to let the elves see his fear -he'd never hear the end of it- but he doesn't run up and attack either... he only stands in place near Xairren and hopefully in range of his spell.

Macallan Thorp
    Macallan swears under his breath and calls out, "Fire first. Fire is the worst danger for the city as a whole." as he moves toward the fire elemental. A glowing purple blade in his right hand and a simple black blade in the left.

Macallan Thorp
    Macallan delivers a single slash toward the fire elemental with the non-glowing kukri.


(Continues 9:30pm EST, 6:30pm chat time Thursday)
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa

Re: Talos visits the Market

Postby Talinor » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:32 pm

thanks for posting up the chat and when for everyone!
-Joe
Talinor
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: Talos visits the Market

Postby Xairren » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:05 pm

Fortune of Fools
    ((alright, she's a bit down the line, so I'm going to start... They are up when we last stopped))
Armin Darro
    (Thorp was up, I think)
Fortune of Fools
    *From behind, the wind picks up and the swirling mass of an air elemental hardens into form and starts to tear apart a building... The Fire elemental flares and flashes in annoyance, and turns to try and catch Macallan with it's fire.... And the pools of water, rise up and look to splash at Aelia*
Fortune of Fools
    ((nope, he went at the end, Armin))
Fortune of Fools
    ((to review init order from top to finish. Krussel, Macallan, Water, Fire, Air, Xairren, Aelia, (pdm flavor post), Llarriel, Miryia, Earth, Armin)) ((Water, Fire and Air are now))
Fortune of Fools
    *The fire elemental burns brightly a bit of fire shoots out, faster then MacAllan expects and catches him full on in the chest.. Fortunately, his parents taught him to stop drop and roll, and he doesn't catch on fire. The wave raises up as high as it can, and crashes down on Aelia. Catching her just before she can move out of the way*
Fortune of Fools
    *The air elemental seems content to rip apart a building ((yellow on map))*
Fortune of Fools
    ((Xairren is up))
Armin Darro
    They're nothing but a bunch of vandels!
Fortune of Fools
    ((apparently we're handling Xairren by Relay.. sooo.. here we go...)) With a look of intense distaste and concentration Xairren focuses upon the servant of evil. He briefly speaks to those allies nearby, "Destroy Talos' servant!" Pointing at the evil servant Xairren speaks a word of power that sends forth a ray of utter blackness which strains the eyes to look upon... (Disintegrate - Ranged touch attack vs Aelia Lockhart)
Fortune of Fools
    *The wave like form of the pulled together water elemental knocked Aelia in a way that Xairren didn't expect, and the bolt doesn't even come close to the woman*
Fortune of Fools
    ((Aelia is up))
Aelia Lockhart
    *E* "Hey! Watch where you cast!" Aelia yells over her shoulder.
Xairren
    (sorry connection in and out bad due to storm)
Aelia Lockhart
    She lashes out at the water elemental, but only one claw slices through its watery form.
The Market
    . o O ( NimSha Darkwater has entered The Market )
Fortune of Fools
    *The dark clouds above roll and the lightning flashes* "Good.. there is dire, there is damage.. I grow bored. Kill everything or don't return" *The clouds above seem to boom out, and then fade... but the elementals continue their thrashing about.* ((Llarriel is up))
Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    Llarriel turns with all elven coolness to begin her chanting and casting in the general direction of .. Aelia. Maybe she missed too?
Fortune of Fools
    *Another Ray shoots past Aelia... boy these elves can't remotely seem to hit the broadside of a wave...that must be there target.. it's the closest thing they are hitting other then the ground....*
Aelia Lockhart
    *E* "That's better! But try to hit the damn thing - or go play with the one breaking down a house over there!"
Macallan Thorp
    Macallan continues to look singed.
Fortune of Fools
    ((Miryia is up))
Aelia Lockhart
    She spares a glance over at the elves, and almost stumbles at the power of the glare Xairren is levelling at her. Aelia goes white for the second time in the same minute.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia pulls up her crossbow, as it's the only ranged thing she has available, and tries to assist Aelia as well.
Fortune of Fools
    *Miryia scrambles up with her crossbow... but pulls the trigger too early in her haste and makes a SOLID shot.. with the ground about two feet in front of her*
Fortune of Fools
    *The earth elemental grows, easily the largest of the four, and just walks through the nearest structure to it* ((Armin is up))
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia jumps back as it goes off. "I should say I'm not the best with crossbows.."
Fortune of Fools
    ((sheesh, I think so far.. there have been a 1 and two 2's rolled. maybe you all shouldn't be attacking. *grins* Seth you curse the pcs again?))
Armin Darro
    Armin watches as the choas of this event ensues. He takes out a few pubbles and chants a bit to himself as he holds them in his hand.
Corvis Kelnarath
    ((I don't think so...*casts remove curse on PC dice, just in case*))
Fortune of Fools
    ((top of the order, Krussel is up again))
Krussel
    Krussel drops his axe, and takes his crossbow, quickly loding a bolt and aiming at the 15'ft tall druid.
Fortune of Fools
    *The bolt flies past the troll form of Aelia...and she's bound to get a complex from all this*
Fortune of Fools
    *MacAllan bounds around the fire elemental dodging random blasts of fire from it*
Macallan Thorp
    Macallan flips forward into a tumbling run. Handspring to handspring to handspring, to a backflip with a three-quarters round off at the end to wind up facing the direction he had come. "Woooohoooo! Light me up buttercup!" He flicks the kukri to the right, then left, slashing into fire elemental.
Fortune of Fools
    *The fire elemental can't seem to catch up with the nimble man, The water elemental manages to just catch Aelia once more... and the air elemental seems to wander past the sight of everyone*
Fortune of Fools
    ((Xairren))
Xairren
    [Xairren screaming in frustration, "Stop her now!" and speaks another word of power. Xairren's hand emits a beam of brilliantly colored light at Aelia... (Ranged Touch Attack)] - Dice Roll (1d20+7): 8, +7 Total: 15
Xairren
    [(Prismatic Ray Beam #?)] - Dice Roll (1d8): 1 Total: 1
Xairren
    (dc 20 reflex save)
Xairren
    .. a red beam lashes out at Aelia...
Aelia Lockhart
    Which she partially avoids, and partially blocks with one large, wet forearm. There's a howl of pain that didn't come from a human throat.
Fortune of Fools
    ((Aelia))
Aelia Lockhart
    Aelia slashes the unicorn horn through the water elemental, hoping to stall it for a moment, and then half-turns to point one arm at Xairren & Co.
Aelia Lockhart
    I told you I follow all the deities of nature! Talos is but one aspect - and he just cast me out! I will raise no hand against you - but may your deity do as mine did if you strike me down! And she turns her back on the collected allies of Xairren and gives the elemental her full attention.
Fortune of Fools
    *The water elemental bubbles something, as it is stuck* ((Llarriel))
Aelia Lockhart
    And, well, that sort of is the long, sharp symbol of Lurue and Mielikki sticking from her forehead at the moment.
Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    The sun elf woman makes a frowny face at all the ongoing and rather disturbing events. She, beign the smart sort of elf, adjusts her tactics slightly. A luminous ray appears between Aelia and herself...
Fortune of Fools
    ((Miryia is up, going to start folks while the one before them finishes, so we can move this along a bit faster *grins*))
Macallan Thorp
    Get a bucket line going to douse this fire! A gold a piece for all who aide in the line! I will have this elemental down in a few moments, quickly now before the whole city is ablaze! he shouts at the top of his lungs hoping some of the citizens will hear and respond to the pleading.
Aelia Lockhart
    Aelia is struck by the ray and her shoulders clench for a moment. So be it.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Let's try this again without trying to shoot myself! She sets another bolt and takes aim.
Fortune of Fools
    *Yeah... like the citizens are going to jump in and interfere with a god's punishment.. but strangely, and perhaps because the average waterhavian is a rather onery group, it comes from being attacked by two gods before and seeing one of them die in the city, start to organize.. although they aren't going to get close until the moving fire bits stop..well moving*
Fortune of Fools
    *The bolt is rightly aimed, and seems to pass clear through the water elemental's body* *Meanwhile.. the huge mounds of rock and stone.. just goes forward.. like swimming down the lane.. taking out buildings until it finally seems to swim down into the ground itself and dissappears out of sight*
Fortune of Fools
    ((Armin))
Armin Darro
    Is there any sort of plan? (holding action)
Fortune of Fools
    ((Your last in the round, Armin))
Armin Darro
    (huh?)
Armin Darro
    (oh. I can't hold until I am provoked to move?)
Fortune of Fools
    ((Krussel))
Krussel
    A follower of evil deserves no mercy! Krussel shouts as he launches another bolt at Aelia.
Fortune of Fools
    *Krussel means what he says, but between the elemental, the firing beams, and his angle.. just can't seem to get a good shot off at the troll like Aelia*
Fortune of Fools
    ((macallen))
Miryia Sheydaress
    I'm sure that woman isn't the enemy, but those elementals surely are!
Fortune of Fools
    *The fire elemental roars, and swings back at the man..although it doesn't seem nearly as loud as before*
Macallan Thorp
    Macallan spins, slashing left and right, then again with left and left. Each blow seeming to drive deeper than one would expect from such small blades.
Fortune of Fools
    *The water elemental again tries to take out the troll, splashing toward the troll*
Fortune of Fools
    *Neither elemental seems to get remotely close to their targets* ((Xairren))
Xairren
    Raises the large platinum holy symbol, "CORRELLON SHALL SUFFER NO EVIL!" and with that holy fire rains down up on Aelia! (Flame Strike DC 18 Reflex for 20' radius 40' high colum of fire centered on Aelia. Hits elemental too?)
Fortune of Fools
    ((yeah it would))
Xairren
    [(saved vs 15d6 half fire half divine)] - Dice Roll (15d6): 6, 3, 5, 4, 2, 3, 1, 2, 4, 3, 4, 3, 1, 5, 1 Total: 47
Fortune of Fools
    *The fire from above roars down... leaving only steam where the wave once stood...but the troll managed to dive out of the way from a direct hit by the column of divine fire*
Fortune of Fools
    ((Aelia))
Aelia Lockhart
    Aelia keeps her back turned to the elven zealot and, lowering the unicorn horn, charges the fire elemental.
Fortune of Fools
    *The druid charges forth, the strange horn from her forehead pierces through the elemental which goes up in a flash of light and is gone*
Fortune of Fools
    ((llarriel))
Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    Llarriel raises a brow as the elementals disappear into various puffs of smoke or steam, and is left with one enemy. Another ray, darker, more ominous than the last, shoots out from Llarriel towards Aelia...
Fortune of Fools
    *The magical creatures seemingly gone, although having left considerable damage... some of the folks hope to cash in on Lord Thorp's offer and start up the bucket brigade*
Fortune of Fools
    ((Miryia))
Fortune of Fools
    ((Then Armin, so be ready *grins* then back to the top of the order.We'll go until everyone states they are out of the battle.))
Miryia Sheydaress
    For the love of Eilistraee and all that's good would you two stop it! Stepping in front of Xairren and Llarriel. "Least allow the good druid to explain hearself before you go blasting her bits and isn't there a fire you could be helping with now!" With that Miryia storms off to help put out fires.
Fortune of Fools
    ((Armin))
Armin Darro
    So that giant naked woman summoned Talos here? Or? Armin reached into his satchel again and removed a little miniature bullseye. He chanted a few whsiepring words that echoed through the air.
Fortune of Fools
    ((Krussel))
Krussel
    Krussel steps a little closer and sends another bolt Aelia's way...`
Macallan Thorp
    Are you people daft in the head? he does not move to put himself in the line of fire but continues, "Xairren. You are attacking a citizen who has done no harm, but only tried to stop what Talos had summoned in his rage against her for NOT destroying or intimidating people in his name."
Fortune of Fools
    *Closer... but Krussel once more doesn't manage to strike the quickly moving druid* ((Macallan))
Macallan Thorp
    If you three continue I will have you in stocks for the rest of your lives for murder.
Fortune of Fools
    ((Xairren))
Miryia Sheydaress
    Krussel, come help me before I decide to dump a bucket of water over your head again.
Krussel
    Out o' teh way, Miryia. Krussel growls, no room for argument in his tone...
Xairren
    Good? Holy fire would not touch Talo's servant! and again holy fire engulfs Aelia! (Holy Strike DC 17 Will; 20' radius burst centered on Aelia)
Xairren
    Good? Holy fire would not touch Talo's servant! and again holy fire engulfs Aelia! (Holy Strike DC 17 Will; 20' radius burst centered on Aelia)
Armin Darro
    Let's all calm down here.... This is a city of laws.
Xairren
    [5d8 if evil, half for save, not blinded] - Dice Roll (5d8): 1, 3, 2, 8, 4 Total: 18
Aelia Lockhart
    Flame bursts around her, but the tall woman is still standing when it clears. Almost on her last legs, but still standing.
Fortune of Fools
    ((Aelia))
Aelia Lockhart
    She shrinks, swiftly, into herself again. Armor and clothing reappear, covering the burned flesh and, with a hiss of pain, she casts a spell of healing on herself. "Go, then. Complete the job, and cast yourself out from your deity," she calls across the distance between them.
Fortune of Fools
    ((Llarriel))
Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    Your observations are faulty, Macallan. We act in defense of Waterdeep and Goodness. To the others, she does not bother responding. To Aelia, hell yes, she acts. Yet. Another. Ray.
Fortune of Fools
    ((Miryia))
Fortune of Fools
    *For those that look around, there have definately been folks who have been caught by the disaster. A few dead, a few begining to be heard moaning, as they manged to survive...and the major noises have reduced*
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia runs out infront of Aelia. "Well I'm not evil, hit me and it's assault on an innocent and a servant Eilistraee." She turns her back to them and offers Aelia a hand..
Aelia Lockhart
    The strength suddenly leaves her limbs, and Aelia is suddenly struggling to even remain upright.
Fortune of Fools
    ((Armin))
Aelia Lockhart
    Aelia tries to push Miryia's hand away, but doesn't have the strength to do so. "Go, Miryia. Leave. Let him damn himself."
Armin Darro
    He rubs his beard as he watches. (done)
Fortune of Fools
    *Miryia calls forth to her diety and casts a spell upon Aelia*
Fortune of Fools
    [((ok folks.. let's put it in the dice.. either the watch arrives now (since we are at the end of the round (on the 1) or next round (on the 2))] - Dice Roll (1d2): 2 Total: 2
Fortune of Fools
    ((Next round it is.. Krussel is up))
Krussel
    Move away. Krussel says calmly, staring at Myria as he touches his holy symbol.
Miryia Sheydaress
    I will not. Standing her ground.
Fortune of Fools
    ((Macallan))
Macallan Thorp
    She can hardly move. You have her near death. Are you truly so cruel as to kill a defenseless woman? a bit of a smile quirks at the edges of his lips, "An innocent, defenseless woman at that?"
Fortune of Fools
    ((Xairren after Macallan's post))
Miryia Sheydaress
    Does killing an elemental count as murder? she comments.
Macallan Thorp
    Macallan spreads his hands, gesturing toward Aelia. "Let the mists blow and the mind cloud what can not be seen." A mist begins from 20' from him spreading out another 20'
Xairren
    ["Surrender and you shall answer for your murders this day Aelia." Then sends healing into the largest group he can see (Cure Moderate Wounds, Mass; up to 15 people 55' radius burst, cures each..)] - Dice Roll (2d8+15): 7, 4, +15 Total: 26
Fortune of Fools
    ((Aelia))
Aelia Lockhart
    Well, that's not hard to do. There's a muffled clank as she topples over onto her side, barely able to do more than feebly raise an arm. "The sapling in the mud..."
Macallan Thorp
    (the grey is obscuring mist)
Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    Llarriel's voice is cold as she addresses the youthful human lord. "Macallan, she is not defenselesss, and she has not surrendered yet, and . To us, to the authorities, or to death. SURRENDER aned SAY SO Aelia or you are STILL RESISTING."
Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    Another spell- NOT a ray this time-- and her sword and dagger come to life on their own in a dance around her. (Steeldance)
Aelia Lockhart
    I yield, she responds. "And will submit to an investigation and answer all questions truthfully. Will you do likewise for your attacks?"
Aelia Lockhart
    Hoo. Maybe she shouldn't have said so much. Drawing in another breath past the weight of her breastplate is no fun at all.
Macallan Thorp
    You dumbass elves. She has not been resisting at all, you moronic imbiciles. Are you truly so simple between the ears not to see that? Even I am feeling sorry for her after what you have done to her.
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia scoops up Aelia(if she doesn't resist) and will try to move off towards Macallan.
Aelia Lockhart
    Thanks. A pause. "I think." Which could go equally well to either of them.
Fortune of Fools
    *And finally the watch arrives, armed to bear.. even a member of the grey hand with them (who's rather disappointed)*
Fortune of Fools
    ((out of init))
Krussel
    Krussel takes a pair of iron manacles and slowly walks toward Aelia. When he sees's Myria's action though, he stops, "MYRIA! Put her down!"
Macallan Thorp
    And two minutes later, the mist is gone.
Xairren
    Ignores and continues healings
Miryia Sheydaress
    Of course. Smiling to Aelia and ignoring Krussel.
Armin Darro
    He tucks the stones away in his satchel. He approached the group, but keeps his distance. "So what just happened?"
Krussel
    Damn it woman... Krussel mutters, walking towards them again.
Fortune of Fools
    *Those that haven't died, recover rather miracurously thanks to the efforts of the elven high priest* *And the captain of this contingent of the watch walks over* "What in the nine hells just went down here?
Llarriel Kiirar-uial
    Evil brings harm to herself, Macallan. All will be revealed in the fullness of Time. Though you, being Human, might not live to see it. A shame. Llarriel is not able to assist directly wiht the healing, allows her Steeldance spell to fade upon the arrival of the Watch. Curiously or not, she stays within reach of Xairren as he assists the wounded.
Macallan Thorp
    Macallan points toward the watch, "Arrest that elf, that elf, and that dwarf."
Fortune of Fools
    ((and honestly, I'm wiped folks.. we'll figure out the follow ups and repercussions in the forums, if that's good with everyone?))
Aelia Lockhart
    Talos cast me out, for I found nothing here that needed destruction. I do not break the cycle for no reason, she responds to Armin. [That works for me! Just let me know if Aelia gets arrested too.]
Macallan Thorp
    (yep!)
Fortune of Fools
    ((I'm pretty sure, Aelia, and those Macallan points out are going to the jail for at least the next day while they try to sort this out))
Fortune of Fools
    ((hey, being noble has it's benefits. *chuckles*))
Krussel
    THAT makes Krussel pause. "Dwarf? ARREST THE DWARF?! Why don't ye arrest the follower o' TALOS?"
Armin Darro
    I do not thank Talosians are banned from the city.
Krussel
    Krussel walks toward Aelia again, readying the manacles.
Fortune of Fools
    ((alright, Xairren, Krussel, Aelia and Llarriel are going to be taken into custody for questioning. and with that.. I'm done. whew. hour 22 of being awake...))
Macallan Thorp
    Because she did nothing wrong?
Miryia Sheydaress
    Miryia will watch over and provide healing for Aelia.
Macallan Thorp
    And Macallan pays out the gold coins to those who helped put out the fire.
Krussel
    And I suppose her god be innocent as well? He asks, still aproaching Aelia.
Fortune of Fools
    ((and the people love Macallan. *grins* alright, gnight all.. it was not what I expected, but I hope everyone had fun. Thanks for hanging through the long fight ((eep so many people...)) ))
Miryia Sheydaress
    Am I evil since I worship Eilistraee, the drow goddess of good, but a drow nonetheless? She snaps at Kruseel.
Xairren
    Xairren pauses to answer simply and paitently, "Aelia claimed herself a servant of the evil god Talos and then vowed to do his will and turned herself into a great beast as four mighty elementals brought destruction down upon the Market and all in it. My response was and still is entirely correct to prevent her from harming even more. She surrendered, so she lives."
Armin Darro
    You should arrest Talos than, for harming the city.
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa

Re: Talos visits the Market

Postby Talinor » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:46 pm

*It was a chaotic evening, as the watch gathered everyone remotely involved, took statements, and questioned the primary suspects.

Meanwhile the market place started to get put back together. In a few days it would nearly look like nothing had happened, after all.. waterdeep’s commerce is protected above just about all other things.

Much of the end result was kept out of the public notice. Political backing of many involved saw to that.

Privately word could be found out.

Lord Thorp, and the priestess Miryia (sp?) was awarded for their quick reactions to the threat to the city.

The druid Aelia was given a more neutral reaction for helping to clean up a mess that was deemed ultimately of her making.

The High Cleric Xairren was fined, both to the city and in Aelia’s name for restitutions for assault with a deadly weapon with the intent to kill.

Lliarrel and Krussel were fined, for aiding and abetting a crime. Both of these fines went in Aelia’s name to help those harmed in the attacks of the elementals.

Rumor has it another individual was questioned and given a few coins for his testimony.*

((net result, Macallan, and Miryia get a reward, everyone else breaks even))
Talinor
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: Talos visits the Market

Postby Stam » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:44 pm

Aelia accepts the ruling quietly, and leaves as quickly as she can to see to the oak sapling.
User avatar
Stam
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:50 pm

Re: Talos visits the Market

Postby Stam » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:38 pm

(And, after a quick chitchat to a DM...)

Aelia, after doing some backdated stuff regarding a certain oak sapling, offers her assistance (in properly-concealed and attired Troll form) for the heavy lifting part of the cleanup duties.
User avatar
Stam
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:50 pm

Re: Talos visits the Market

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:59 pm

Said sapling was removed from the market while Aelia was incarcerated... (unless that's the 'backdated stuff' you're referring to?)
Guest
 

Re: Talos visits the Market

Postby Stam » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:32 pm

(Yup, that's the backdated stuff!)
User avatar
Stam
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:50 pm


Return to In Character Roleplaying

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest