The Search for Evander

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

The Search for Evander

Postby X Man » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:53 pm

Those close to and having recently adventured with the Ilmatari Priest known as Evander Hawk realize that he has not yet returned from his journeys abroad, though other members of the party with whom he was last seen have indeed returned to Waterdeep. The fact that when questioned what little information they have to give seems to lead only to the fact that during a ritual where they all expected to be returned to the city together, only Evander himself disappeared, leaving them stranded. Having found their own means of return back to the city, what now goes through the minds of Evander's comrades, realizing through their own channels that he has seemingly not yet returned. Perhaps it was time to call upon friends in higher places? Did they simply care not for the fate of their companion? Or would they risk all to find him, if necessary? What of this "Rod of Law" and the mysterious appearance if a statue if Bahamut in the lair of a great red wyrm? Only time and their own investigations would tell...

((Please post IC actions as to what your pc might do if they had a reason to be concerned with Evander's disappearance. This is open to all PCs who might have interest, regardless of level. Be advised that your actions must always be within the range of your characters' abilities on site and that the DMs will of course be watching. Once I have sufficient interest I will begin new sessions to continue this multipart storyline. This is the appropriate place to request my presence or the presence of a DM in order to verify rolls as well. I will post here as well to move the story, or fpm the player if their actions are not public with a cc to one of the DMs. It is also appropriate to lay down the contents if ic discussions your PCs may have regarding the events. Hope I can continue to make it fun and interesting for those involved.))
X Man

Re: The Search for Evander

Postby Stam » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:15 pm

A few days after the initial meet-and-greet in her tavern, Tahiri casually asks her current Significant Other about Rider Kethean. Upon finding that she still hadn't been seen or heard from, she decided to drop in on the Ilmatari temple on her way back to work and see if Evander needed more help.

[OoC: I don't know how casually they'd give out the information that he still has not returned, which Tahiri hasn't been informed of just yet. If that is a given, her next stop will probably be Talinor.]
Stam

Postby X Man » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:31 pm

Tahiri is told politely and respectfully that Evander still continues his search and has not been seen for some time, perhaps two weeks. Much more than that they do not seem very forthcoming.
X Man

Postby Bob » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Charles asks the Elders of the Ilmateri Hospice of St. Laupsenn , if now would be a proper time to invest concern and effort in seeking out Evander, his elder brother in faith and arms.

Evander is ranked fairly high in the Hospice and is a dear friend and ally to Charles.

Charles also provides what information he gained from Garland, telling that Evander activated a magical affect that was suppose to return Evander's and Garland's back to Waterdeep, but only Evander disappeared. Of course Charles recounts the date that Garland told this information as well.

Since Evander had not checked into the temple since he was intent to return to Waterdeep with said magical affect by Garland's information, Charles fears of what bad luck has happened to Evander.
Bob

Postby X Man » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:53 pm

They themselves are unaware of Evander's current location, though they have yet to put their full efforts toward it. They understand that he should have returned by now and are investigating the matter themselves.

((Charles is not Ilmatari or Triumvirate is he? I don't remember off-hand))
X Man

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:17 pm

((Charles is a monk of Ilmater, if that was the question.))
I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Keith » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:58 am

Ailia having recently adventured with Evander will approach Garland who was also with him and ask if he would be willing to try and contact Evander using the whistle he had acquired.

Depending on how that works out she'll take further steps.

((Marek, please post Garland's reaction to the request. Thanks!))
Keith

Postby Talinor » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:24 pm

*The shiny priest was informed of his friend missing in action from Garland. He went to work with the next dawn.. high within the spires of the morning, rituals were prepared, candles lit, oils spilled, incense burned.. the chanting of the priest would fill the room as he tried a few different options.

The first was a simple message, the two priests had signaled to each other often with such a spell while one or the other was out of town... and that ended with failure.

Concern filled the priest, and he used the large clear pool in the ritual room to peer through the mists of magic and reality reaching out with his mind to see where his friend might be.

And with great luck Talinor found him... in a room of white stone or marble covered with various symbol and sigils, the ones he could make out were something to do with air, or wind.. or perhaps travels.. and all the above. some gods, some more elemental.. it was strange.

Stranger yet, was that Evander was face down... dressed only in a robe.

Light from his relic filled the ritual room in the spires of the morning.. and Talinor managed to have his spell pass through the scrying.. a simple.. "wake up..."

The priest laughed brightly even as the scrying was cut off.. for his target grunted, and moved...*

and then the priest was off.. to inform the hierachy of the triad of what he had found. Perhaps they might recognize the strange place, that the priest feared was not of the prime...if not, there was always the great library... and of course all that knew Evander...He laughs brightly with hope.. after all perhaps it was a grand test by ilmater... of course sometimes.. those were the most dangerous for a cleric...*
Talinor

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:31 pm

But of course! Garland, having almost forgotten completely about the whistle, attempts to contact Evander using its Sending capability.
I move the stars for no one. You've run so long you've run so far. Your eyes can be so cruel.  Just as I can be so cruel.
Mark

Postby X Man » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Talinor's discoveries are enough to answer Garland's, Charles' and Ailia's queries, were he to make these things known to them. (( I'm going to assume that he would since they have a connection. If you would all like to set up a time to discuss the matter ic let me know otherwise you are welcome to play by post here until we decide which direction you're all heading in, and then we'll set uo the next set of sessions from there. ))
X Man

Postby Bob » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 pm

When the information that Talinor brings with him reaches those of the Holy Triad in Waterdeep, Charles seeks out what the Ilmateri Elders are doing with such knowledge.

Charles learns that some minor divination spells have been cast, but the most powerful Ilmateri spells need to be cast by Mother Irimae, who heads the White Mission in the Southersprawl Slums, and is not yet free to devote her skills to seek out Evander.

Charles then seeks Talinor if he might be able to cast such powerful cleric spells. The spells that can locate Evander with complete accuracy.
Last edited by Bob on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:52 am

Once word reaches them that Evander is awake, Ailia would ask that Garland then perform the Sending so they could inform Evander that they are aware that he has a problem, and request any information he can provide of his location.
Keith

Postby Rosemadder » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:58 pm

Bill, waiting to discuss a horsey matter with Grandmaster Lord Waynewood, Or Whichever Officious Title Bill is Respecting Him With Now, overhears something about an Evander. "Pardon, my lord Grandmaster (etc etc), did you mention the Ilmateri Evander Hawk? I know him... does he need assistance?"

and of course the paladin is eager to do any action to help the man...
Rosemadder

Postby Talinor » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:21 pm

*The Shiny priest laughs merrily as Charles asks him his questions* " well.. I don't know about any thing in any of the planes or realms that offer absolute certainty." *Tal smiles and winks*

"And if I did.. I would have already cast it." *Tal smiles patting the monk on the shoulder*
"It's not the answer as much as the search sometimes... and sometimes it's best to push as much as you can with your friends, before making pacts with angels, demons or devils?" *Tal smiles brightly*

"I have cast what I could, and given out the information I have. Evander has sent me back a return message. He's being held, but unharmed. I hope to scry on him more, with a few others with planar knowledge and see if they can figure out where he might be."
Talinor

Postby Bob » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Charles nods.

"I will then inform the Holy Triad in Waterdeep of what you learnt about Evander Hawk.

May I sit in on this scrying session you are going to do? If my presence will not be of distraction of such scrying?"
Bob

Next

Return to In Character Roleplaying