The Search for Evander

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Re: The Search for Evander

Postby X Man » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:45 am

I suppose there was some confusion as to what times. I apologize. I will be more organized (as I must be) from now on. I am here this morning from 830am to 11am for anyone interested. From there, we can plan for the rest of the week. I would rather *not* have folks sit out sessions and I plan to make this no more than 2-3 more sessions for each group. Since Tal cannot be put into play during the week, let's shoot for his group on Sunday, 9/12. Let me know what times those in that group will be available. As for the second group, hopefully some of you will be around this morning. If not, looks like we should shoot for some time next week when Rose returns.

Let me know. Again I apologize if I left anyone hanging yesterday.

AJ
X Man

Postby X Man » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:55 am

From this point on, we will split the events as they occur into two separate posts until the group comes back together. This thread will be for the following PC's:

Bill
Callistar
Jessica Blakehurst
Pilin

I will create a new thread for the other group.

AJ
X Man

Postby X Man » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:49 am

Since Rose is out of town until Monday, mayhap we can pick up that morning? If not then next Thursday (one week from today) would be ideal.

AJ
X Man

Postby Lifeinwinter » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:21 am

Weekends are hard for me, and to be honest my entire schedule is iffy. I'll try to make it monday morning. I have a lot of random factors from having too many projects. Hope to see everyone there.
Why sleep? I dream when I'm awake.
Lifeinwinter

Postby X Man » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:11 pm

I have been informed that several involved parties to this adventure have continued play in Waterdeep. Seeing a complete disregard for the rules or yet another interpretation thereof, I choose to withdraw my status as PDM as well as resolve the current set of scenes with the gith and Evander in a magic DM fashion.

Evander, while searching with his party of githyanki, run in to Bill's party who bear a piece of Gith's sword. Kethean appears and gith's spirit leaves her body, possessing a female githyanki who is present there at the time that Evander's party comes into contact with Bill's. It is discovered that Di'lal, who had imprisoned Evander, is actually a part of a revolution, a civil war within the githyanki themselves, who seek to reunite the githyanki and githzerai under one people under the rule of Gith herself. The githyanki depart, but not before Di'lal frees Evander from the collar. All involved may return through Talinor's portal at the temple to Lathander in Calimport and Evander is finally reunited with his wife, Kethean.

The End.

I apologize if this comes off as reactionary. I apologize to anyone who had a vested interest in the scene. I did not give permission to return to Waterdeep. To allow rp while in an adventure far far away from Waterdeep invites the opportunity to metagame. While I am not accusing anyone of this, this is why the rule exists. Site policy is that folks are not allowed, and there should not be exceptions made, to rp in the city if they are out on adventure. Citing scheduling difficulties should be no excuse. Seeing a DM and several players doing so on sheer word of mouth when no one bothered checking with me to make sure unfortunately causes me to feel like I am not in control of my own scene. It has not been the first time I have felt that way and so subsequently I will no longer be running.

(( Edit: My first post was rather inflammatory and I apologize if I offended but I'm sticking with my decision ))

X
Last edited by X Man on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
X Man

Postby Talinor » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:39 pm

This is very disappointing.

I was going to post more.. but decided this is for the best. AJ we can talk off the board.

-Joe
Talinor

Postby Stam » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Ouch. I was looking forward to seeing how this went down IC.

Sorry to hear about this!
Stam

Postby Bob » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:43 pm

I too am sorry this scene has ended. I am also sorry for any misunderstandings on my part about the scene lockage about characters.

I too would like to apologize , and talk you off board as well AJ to clear my misunderstandings.
Bob

Previous

Return to In Character Roleplaying