Late one night...

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Late one night...

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:29 pm

Rumors abound pertaining to the events that happened last night at the Ravebtree manor house. Some say Kaileta threw a fantasic party. Others say some demonic power visited the house. Yet others claim it was all a hoax to save the young Lady's reputation.

Facts that have been verified by witnesses who were present at the house last night are this:
-Kaileta Raventree had at least 3 young men with her last night in the upstairs bedrooms of the manor.
-The guards were suspiciously absent that night, which also explains how a drunk was able to walk right into the place.
-After about an hour of "socializing," screams were heard coming from one of the bedrooms. When the household guards arrived they found a man lying shirtless, bleeding, and unconscious on the floor, while Kaileta and Connor and a healer from the Hospice were tending to him.
-The room as well as its occupants were covered in blood and there had obviously been some destruction to the interior of the building itself.

Naturally the Lord of the House is dismissing all such rumors as pure propaganda to disgrace the Raventree name.

OOC info for those that were there...

When you go through the "gift box" you discover the following contents. It was originally supposed to be part of a surprise gift to Kaileta, so the rest of the household is fine with letting you all pick through the items.

-A plain wooden scrollcase with a scroll of Color Spray inside. (resale 12.5gp)
-2 clear stoppered vials. (labeled as CLW potions) (resale 25gp each)
-a fine silver chain necklace (retail value 20gp)
-a long silk gown with silver embroidery around the neck and sleeves. (resale value 37.5)
-an ornate dagger with a skull in the pommel. The blade is slightly wavy, giving it a wicked appearance. (resale value 151gp)
-a small black marble statuette of a cat curled up in a sleeping position. (valued at 95gp)
-small felt pouch of 12 black onyx, 25gp each. (300gp total)
-a leather pouch with 100gp
-a delicate looking silver ring, with stars engraved on the inside (valued at 15gp)

There is also a short note in the leather pouch, saying,
"Come visit me sometime my dear. It's been a long time since I've seen you. I hope the dress fits.

Your long lost cousin,
Owen"

If everything is simply sold, everyone gets 202.75gp. Let me know who wants what and what gets liquidated. (And Kaileta has no idea who this cousin is. :P)
I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
JuneBarcarolle

Re: Late one night...

Postby Bob » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:55 pm

On the thing about the guards.

They were at their position at the front gate/doors. Just very new to the job.

They were so new ... that they did not take names of anyone wishing to enter the front gates/doors of the Raventree family home so the guards may announce their arrival/ask the head of house hold if they may enter, and apparently due to their newness did know how to use their guard skill-set effectively enough to hinder a drunk (Varimar the Howler) from just strolling into the family home and asking for his friend (Connor McCullen)

A very kind lady of the house (Kaileta Raventree) was kind enough to not behead them, or fire them, just a very professional reprimanding on the guards.

Info gained through fpms between players during the run of the scene.

---

BTW, thanks very kindly June for running the short but grandly fun scene =D

---

Charles would like 2 vial potions of CLW & 152.75 gp ......... if no one else wants any of the CLW potions .........

......... Please & Thank you kindly?
Bob

Postby Arthas » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:44 pm

"Owen?" Kaileta blinks as she reads the note, no recognition on her face whatsoever. 'If this was supposed to be a gift to me, why was it above Connor's room?' She wonders as she makes a mental note to check the book on Raventree genealogy in the study later...

Due to her own embarrassment and her father's request, Kaileta dismisses any mention of the recent rumors... Which shouldn't be too hard to get the talk to go away, Kaileta had always been good with words...

As for the guards, Kaileta convinced her father not to have them killed, although they were both talked to in quite an angry tone by the Lord of the house...

Kaileta will take:
the silk gown (37.5 gp)
the cat statue (95 gp)
the silver ring (15 gp)
and the rest of her share in coin (if my math is right that's 55.25 gp)

> She doesn't even touch the dagger, though... something about it seems... scary....
Arthas

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Connor rummages through the contents of the box, enthralled with the dagger... he also takes a fancy to the silver chain necklace... (if this pleases everyone) he also suggests that the rest be sent to Varimar the Howler as a token of appreciation for his assistance in the matters... (if this also pleases everyone)

[Warlock Invocation: Detect Magic]
Connor's interests include:
-a fine silver chain necklace (retail value 20gp)
-an ornate dagger with a skull in the pommel. The blade is slightly wavy, giving it a wicked appearance. (resale value 151gp)
(remaining share would be 31.75gp) if math is correct...

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:15 am

For those interested, only the potions and scroll radiate magic.

Now we just need Varimar to speak up...
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:26 am

Varimar is interested in the pouch of gold, and the small felt pouch of 12 black onyx, 25gp each. (300gp total)

His eyes water with love once he sees the jewels and the shiny gold.

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Spoils have been added. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for playing!
JuneBarcarolle

Return to In Character Roleplaying