Road Repairs

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Road Repairs

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:37 pm

Kaileta, Charles, Talinor, Kasim, and Antiny answered an add to go do some repairs on a distant trade road. But they may have found more than they bargained for....

Next scene is tentatively scheduled for 10:00pm EST (7:00pm chat time) this Friday.
I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
JuneBarcarolle

Re: Road Repairs

Postby Bob » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Think that does work on this end of things.

See everyone this Fri =D
Bob

Postby Lifeinwinter » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:49 pm

I'll be there with bells on, but you won't be able to see them.

--Winter
Why sleep? I dream when I'm awake.
Lifeinwinter

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Does this upcoming Friday afternoon 2:00pm EST (11:00am chat) work for people for the conclusion?
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Bob » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:04 pm

90% sure that works on this end of things.
Bob

Postby Talinor » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Friday afternoon 2:00 EST. I'll be at work and won't be there.
Sorry, I'm now out for all work time play.

-Joe.
Talinor

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:10 am

hmmm. That's no good. :( High level characters are no fun to bot simply because they're too complicated.

What are people's schedules like on Saturday?
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:28 am

This Saturday should work nicely for me. The earlier the better.
I move the stars for no one. You've run so long you've run so far. Your eyes can be so cruel.  Just as I can be so cruel.
Mark

Postby Bob » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:33 am

Mark wrote:This Saturday should work nicely for me. The earlier the better.

Goes double on what Mark said ... from this end of things.
Bob

Postby Talinor » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:49 am

Saturdays are generally influx for me. But I think everything should be fine *nods*
Talinor

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:21 pm

I should be online around 11:00am chat Saturday. Does that work for people?
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Mark » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:56 pm

Works for me.
I move the stars for no one. You've run so long you've run so far. Your eyes can be so cruel.  Just as I can be so cruel.
Mark

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:27 am

Once the party defeated the ambush, they had their guide lead them to a village that was being used as a stronghold for survivors of some hideous monster that was tearing up the countryside. They spoke to the locals a little bit and offered to help in stopping the creature. No sooner had they agreed to do this than the monster showed up as if to challenge them.

In a short fight that involved lots of spellcasting, pummeling, and praying (and cold DM dice) the party was finally able to slay the smelly, sickly, tentacled, oozing mass of living appetite.

The villagers breath a collective sigh of relief and are quick to begin the enormous task of cleaning up the monster's remains. As payment for you assistance they offer the group some valuables that were found in those remains. (They do not go into any further detail as to where these were found.)

All total, this is what the party ends up with:

- human sized chainmail x2 (75gp each)
- Heavy Steel Shields x3 (10gp each)
- Long bows x2 (37.5gp each)
- MW Long Swords x2 (157.5gp each)
- pale yellow lemony scented potions x2 (Invisibility potions) (150gp each)
- bright red cherry scented potions x2 (Cure Moderate Wounds potions) (150gp each)
- Giant great clubs x2 (5gp each)
- Giant suits of Hide Armor +1 x2 (590gp each)
- plain copper bands that shrink to fit x2 (Rings of Protection +1) (1000gp each)
- various pouches and pockets of coins, totaling 3000gp
- 2 deep green gems each valued 1000gp (emeralds found in "remains")

If sold off, everyone should get 2072gp. Let me know who wants what.

And for those who are interested in working on repairing the road, it's a hard-packed dirt road that has a ridge carved into it that's 10 ft wide and 12 inches deep. It makes the road completely impassable for carts and wagons, though obviously horses and other beasts of burden can walk over it. Let me know how you intend to fix it if you're interested in doing so. :)
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Bob » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:14 am

Charles will just take 2072 in gold coin pieces.

---

Charles has some plans in the works with Tal at the moment, but time permitting Charles would not be opposed to heading back up north to do labor to repair the roads if enough of the others were heading back there.

Charles suggest getting the wisdom of someone who does road building and repair regularly. Perhaps they could describe such repair work to such an artisan and get plans drawn up that they should follow to complete the road repairs.

Perhaps even convince such a road building artisan to come with them to the place that needs repair.

Of course they should load up a wagon or two with shovels, wheel barrels, and possibly dirt and gravel to fill the road with. Along with tents, food and water for the trek.
Bob

Postby Lifeinwinter » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:38 am

Antiny, an honest boy, will do his best to help repair the road. He's a woodworker, and often times dirt roads are laid between 6 by 4 wooden cuts of lumber to make sure the rain and such don't cause the dirt to shift too much. This is done when cobble stone is not available (if someone suggest stone then it's a better idea and he won't persist) Other then that, after doing his best on the road whether it's suitable or not he will accept that he has done his best (and really will do his best. Rolls available if needed) and take whatever left over coin is offered to him directly (both from his modesty, and myself still feeling like he was heavily outclassed, and that the rewards are far above what someone of his level should be recieving.) I had a blast RPing this when I could. The orphan worker is fond of anything to do with children, and the story, should i have been more present for, would have been a lot of fun to RP as my poor, young, fighter. Thank you, June. I hope this feedback helps. If not fPM me!!
Why sleep? I dream when I'm awake.
Lifeinwinter

Next

Return to In Character Roleplaying