Road Repairs

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Re: Road Repairs

Postby Bob » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:15 pm

Charles suggests they asks a cleric or druid of the Shrines of Nature for tips about where to get the dirt, gravel and lumber. So they do not unintentionally trouble the harmony of things, be they land owners, simple urban or rural communities or the land itself for the supplies they need.

Charles is of course use to such manual labor, doing as such day in and out for the Ilmateri Hospice, and doing it most happily one might add.

Charles makes sure his cold iron kamas are ready for any wood cutting they might be needed to do.
Bob

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:13 am

((Keep in mind the party hasn't actually left the village as of the end of my last post. You all could magic yourselves back to Waterdeep if you want. But I didn't want to assume you guys were leaving the job unfinished. Yes people can rp back in the city as this is just tying up non-combat loose ends.))

Other useful facts:
-The gulguthydra left hundreds of trees uprooted and lying around. The entire are is littered with them.
-The road is a simple dirt road that leads to some small villages.
-The villagers mentioned that Vienna is a druid and is very familiar with the area.
-Kamas may be slashing weapons, but they're lousy for cutting lumber. I'd recommend borrowing some axes. :P
I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Bob » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:05 am

OH I thought Joe's Tal 'word of recall' cleric-spell-ed us back to the city

---

Well Charles will ask Vienna for her opinion on how to repair to the road, and how to go about gathering the dirt/wood/gravel possibly needed.

Charles asks the village-at-large if he may borrow an axe they may have laying around. And Possible wheel barrels, buckets, shovels/spades, and/or wagons they could also borrow for this road repair job.

---

Guguthydra ???

...ew
Bob

Postby Lifeinwinter » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:14 am

(I have a harder time working within forums for RP because I'm often reactionary based, but here goes) Borrowing tools (or buying them. I've been needing to do that anyway, once I figure out which kit I need for all the woodworking) The trees will be cut into lumber of different sizes. First to fit originally specified plans unless stopped, or something else is suggested. Then into different works and shapes of general lumber in which he will donate to the town (once again, unless stopped by a party member with a good reason.) After this he will volunteer to help rebuild the destroyed homes for tips from those that are able to pay, and if there are none, then it will be considered charity. That's just how he is. If you'd like me to keep him out of play for a duration of time spent as free/cheap labor just let me know. He is my carpenter, this is where I want him.
Lifeinwinter

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:57 am

You guys can get it fixed up. Antiny can study the other parts of the road for comparison. Getting supplies from the locals you can use the local earth and assorted supplies to make the road passable. It'll only take a day or two to fix the road, so don't worry about time spent out and a about. ;)

After the first couple of days most of the villagers seem to move on, going back to wherever it was they came from. Only a small handful of people actually stick around. But any assistance in restoring things is greatly appreciated.
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Bob » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:34 pm

Charles, not being trained in any craft trades, aids as a untrained-hireling in repairing the road, and the refugee-town they found via the guide Kaileta charmed/diplomacy-ed.

Charles is best at moving supplies around the town or getting supplies via his fleet-of-foot-ness from his monk training.

Charles inquires about the town which Deity/faith the old temple was built/used for before it became a base-of-operations for the refugees that fled the "Guguthydra" (Need a Gather Information and/or Knowledge Religion/Local/History check June?)
Bob

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:23 am

(Need a Gather Information and/or Knowledge Religion/Local/History check June?)

Talking to the locals will only reveal that no one knows. The temple has been here for generations, but any identifying marks were erased, scraped off, removed generations ago. They do mention that there's a similar temple like it a few days travel to the north of here.
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Talinor » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:37 am

*The priest smiles, and pitches in along side Antiny. Having the skilled craftsman lead the repairs, The shiny priest helps as he is able. He's a little bit stronger then he might look, although he's about as dexterous as his armor.. when it's laying on the ground.

Such things could be dealt with by divine calling.. but Tal thought it was best to follow the lead of others, and to leave Lathander's blessing for times of true importance.... at least this time*

*besides, hard work as, Garland might say, is character building...*
Talinor

Postby Bob » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:28 am

Before forgetfulness plagues this post even more ...

JuneBarcarolle wrote:
All total, this is what the party ends up with

The 2072 gp per person scene rewards ... does it include whatever funds the man who hired them in the first-place had to pay them with?

Or does the group just never hear from him again?

---

Charles does have some parchment and writing implements with him.

Charles politely requests those familiar with the roads and paths ([cough] ranks in survival and/or knowledge geography[/cough]) here if they might be able to get a map from his town, to the town to the north with the similar temple.

Charles would not be oppose to thanking such helpful map making folk(s) with say ... 5 gp.

Charles has to leave when the group has to leave, and wishes the town folks fare well and good luck and thanks them for the use of their tools in repairing the roads south of town.

-----

Talinor wrote:
*besides, hard work as, Garland might say, is character building...*

... comic link
Bob

Postby Arthas » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:20 pm

(sry I'm a bit late with this post...)

Kaileta would like:
one of the rings of protection (+1)
one of the potions of cure moderate wounds
the rest of her share in coin (922gp if my math is correct)

Kaileta would help with the work if she could, but she doubts she'd be of much use for the kind of work needed...
Arthas

Postby Lifeinwinter » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:40 am

Once all is said and done Antiny will take a Ring of Protection +1 and a potion of invisibility. Also leaving him with 922 coin.
Why sleep? I dream when I'm awake.
Lifeinwinter

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Treasure added. Hope you all had fun. :)

(And yes the original guy who hired you to physically fix whatever was wrong does pay you as well.)
JuneBarcarolle

Previous

Return to In Character Roleplaying