Siege at Ferry Ford.

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Siege at Ferry Ford.

Postby Jiriki » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:06 pm

Sheehan had ridden for three agonising days with an arrow deeply embedded in his thigh when he finally came into the site of the assistance that he desperately needed to save his village. His home was in threat of being overrun by Orc's, Goblins and something far far worse. Slipping from wakefulness into the blessed apocalypse that was unconsciousness from loss of blood and the fever that was threatening to overrun his own defences he finally slipped from his mount as it approached the black robed woman and the white elf.

On waking he found himself on the floor and in a world of pain. There was a bridge but it was blocked from the safety of the void he'd been skirting round the rim of. Bringing him back to the pain reminded him of something important, he was supposed to be telling them something.. something important. They started speaking over him. Talking about the injury.. that reminded him of what he needed to say and he gasped out Ferry Ford, his village needed help before the end came.

When he woke the next time it was actually in the city, he was confused and didn't understand. There were more people talking this time, more people he didn't know and yet the two that were there before were also there. That elf and the woman. There was a man in armor as well and a man with a coin that swam across his knuckles. They talked. They talked and spoke and finally when the coin man said something about them all dying at home Sheehan got cross and told him to go to hell. That seemed to change the tide. There was no more discussion about if, more a talk about how long it would take for them to pack. North of Daggerford near the Ardeep Forest was the village of Ferry Ford. There on the river Dessarin would his fate be sealed one way or another.

(Game starts this day, 6pm chat time.)

Devdan.
Luvan didn't show so he's not gone on the trip.
Tanya
Rauvin
Kaillie
Berenind is the registered 'first aider'.

(One place left is reserved for someone I owe a game to.. I don't run games for easy pickings, I run games that might kill your characters. You have been warned.)
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with gold."
Jiriki

Re: Siege at Ferry Ford.

Postby Jiriki » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:51 pm

A Brave new hope

The group met at the city walls and rode out together, Berenind to join them later at a site unknown as yet to them. Nothing stopped them along their way apart from on the second day as they were following Rauvin across country to make their way in shorter time. At which point they came across the burned remains of a family farm. Stood there and putting a child's toy into his pack pocket is the elf cleric Berenind. They traded information about who what where and why, before finally rejoining their journey. At which point they start to get closer to the village than anticipated. They know they are close when they come across one of the other riders that had been sent out for help. One that the child Sheehan had said he'd heard fall firstly.

Willam had been left spread-eagled and pinned to a tree, his arms and legs used as target practise while his body had been mutilated with many many sword slashes. The horse he'd ridden left eviscerated on the floor before him. All of this within hearing of the distance of the village he was trying to rescue. They looked across towards that place and saw a 300 hundred metre gap filled with stumps about 3ft to 4ft high, all of them across the distance. However, there at the village walls a mass of goblin flesh was forcing itself upon the palisade trying to overrun the defences. Some of the goblins threw a net up as the party watched, snaring a child in it and pulling it from the ramparts as the women and children along with the men were attempting to hurl things at the attackers. Within moments of the child being in their clutches it was torn apart literally by starving and angry claws. Upon seeing this the party grew more angered. But finally action was taken. Berenind, casting some words of magic did what he could to aid the party, in the end sending them into direct battle, teleporting them right to the fight itself. Kaillie started with magic, firing a spell into the far right of the palisade, Devdan did what he could to make a start on the hordes, but to his horror he found that the goblin he took on pretty much ignored the assault. Rauvin was next attacking and he was much more successful. Tanya chose to turn herself into two large spiders.. - Scene two starts next week, Friday the 1st at 6pm chat time. ((This means I will start at that time. If you cannot make it or might be late please FPM me in advance with your actions and rolls. I will understand that, but I won't be happy if you're late and dont warn me.))
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with gold."
Jiriki

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Can Sir Luvan show up as backup for the next round? Or am I out?

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:10 pm

Do you really want your low level paladin in a battle that made the 18th level cleric worry? :shock:
I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:14 am

He's not worried yet, but is a little concerned that Devdan (the food processor) didn't drop one after a full attack. :wink:
Keith

Postby Jiriki » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:32 am

:idea: REMINDER :idea:

THIS FRIDAY. 6PM CHAT.
Jiriki

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:51 pm

Got it. 8)
I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Jiriki » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:59 am

This concluded with a worrying turn of events. Ask the characters, they were there. Devdan, Tanya, Kailie, Berenind and Rauvin. They were all witness to the sudden battle changing tempo when the goblins they were fighting suddenly withdrew, immolating themselves before when they were hit was bad enough, but then they withdrew, immolating themselves without being hit!

Chanting as they did so first in Giant, then in common:
Flee this land. We come. Take your chances in the north, tell your friends, tell your foes.. we come.. we are many.. and you will serve to feed us or die in battle. But you will die.

They were eventually cut down by the hero's thus ending their ceaseless chanting.

((This means that the characters, Rauvin, Berenind, Devdan, Tanya and Kailie are all back in the city.))
Jiriki

Return to In Character Roleplaying