Posted on the Docks

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Posted on the Docks

Postby ManthisFocht » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:51 pm

Ferris pulls out a tack hammer and taps a small nail into a message board near the docks with a sigh. He's not been one to go wanting in his life, but the laws and noble house connections he has in Waterdeep have been limiting his style lately. He steps back and rereads the note again, and shakes his head. "Probably get a lot of bilge rat eatin', green behind the ear, good fer nothin', Yealla bellied..." He trails of as he walks away, muttering.

A few young deckhands and sailors nearby know his face, his reputation, possibly his name, but little else about him. The whisper back and forth in excited, but hushed tone as they wait for the Captain to turn a corner down the block. Once he is out of sight, they rush to the note, hoping it might be their break into the life of fortune and infamy that he seems to enjoy. Pressed around the note, they read:
Wanted:
Crew and hearty, adventuresome souls to venture to the Korinn Archipelago in search of exotic pets. Only for those who favor risk and reward above a life of drab modesty. Find Klitch for details.

The young, green behind the ear, bilge rat eating, deckhands look to each other with excitement and instantly begin discussing what the job might entail, perhaps this was their break after all.

((Adventure is still tentative, but it never hurts to be a little proactive. DM (Bex) has not given any details on levels or expectations, but Ferris is 12th level, so any levels around there are welcome to look him up IC and inquire. For those who don't know/remember, he goes by Klitch, not Ferris.))
ManthisFocht

Re: Posted on the Docks

Postby tachus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Sambiir spots the notice during his rounds with the watch, not being one to hang around the docks usually, cept for duties for the Watful Order or his House. He smirks slightly at the thought of going to another distant land, mostly because there would likely be more than 'pets' there, along with a chance of discovering something magical.

He would make inquries about where to contact Klitch for more details.

((Sambiirs close to pushing 9th atm, and my schedule is a bit random at best of times. so depending on when Winter does the UM thing i might be able to be around for this))
"Oderint Dum Metuant" - Emperor Caligula

"Experience is not what happens to a man; It is what a man does with what happens to him." - Aldous Huxley

PCs: Sambiir TaKorc-Wands, Vairc Delvaux, Kell Ironclaw, Zander Stormwave
tachus

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:00 am

This is out of my price range, per usual.

Postby Jiriki » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:18 am

Kemian and Joe are also keen on this game.
Jiriki

Postby Stam » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:31 am

Timing, provisionally...is looking at Friday/Saturday evenings at ~6pm Chat initially, with some occasional Wednesday evenings at ~5-6pm Chat.

(Edited to replace Monday with Wednesday, as Jimmy isn't available Monday nights.)
Last edited by Stam on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stam

Postby Kemian » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:04 pm

I would love to have Evander return the favor by helping "Klitch" out. (He's 11th level now) If that's too low. Devdan resident Food Processor is not far from 15th.
Kemian

Postby Jiriki » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:42 am

For all intense purposes as of now, this game session is named HUNTERS HUNTED.

Please consider your characters booked as of next Friday (not this Friday, but the 29th).
Jiriki

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:03 am

"Crew..." she muses, thinking that this might be an excellent excuse to get out of the city for a while and actually spend time at sea again. Kailie goes inquiring.

((Depending on when this is being run and if there's room yet for another, I have a couple of girls that might fit the bill.))
I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Stam » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:59 am

[Bex notified me that she is currently without Internet. This MAY be resolved before the evening, but she asked me to give folks on this adventure a heads-up.]
Stam

Postby Jiriki » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:54 am

Its ok I have net back.

Which doesn't matter now, due to two characters being busy I'm putting this on ice til the are free. ((I'm being nice. It doesn't happen often, make the most of it!))
Jiriki

Postby ManthisFocht » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:06 am

June's adventure (which Rauvin is on) has at least one more session
ManthisFocht

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:56 am

((Assuming everything goes according to plan, this Friday should be the final session of my game. So that will free up people.))
I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Jiriki » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:24 pm

Game starts NEXT FRIDAY then.
Jiriki

Postby ManthisFocht » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Will be there
ManthisFocht

Postby Jiriki » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Starts at 6pm!! Friday. We all good?