In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Re: Posted on the Docks

Postby Stam » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:05 am

[I will be.]
Stam

Postby Stam » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:11 am

[Availability edit: Now uncertain I will be around.

The kids are sick, so the Wife and I canceled our plans to go out for her birthday (12/30). Now it seems they're stable enough for a babysitter...

If they get worse over the day or the babysitter can't make it, I'll be here (and will post accordingly). Otherwise, I won't be around to run tonight.]
Stam

Postby Stam » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:35 am

[Bump so this shows up.]
Stam

Postby Stam » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:31 pm

[The Wife just confirmed - babysitter is good to go.

So, I'll be taking her out to dinner tonight (12/29) and I will not be running for you folks this evening. My apologies to everyone who's waited a couple weeks for this to pick up again.

I think, for rescheduling purposes, we will need to begin looking at Saturday evenings 1/8 or 1/22. I will have no Wife in town on either of those and will be free from as early as 4pm Chat Time. Please let me know what your availability looks like on those dates?]
Stam

Postby Talinor » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:40 am

ok folks, a new offer...

Bex said she'd run it if we can get a time together.

clearly new years eve is out (or I hope so... you party people)

but other then that. any evening? sat, sunday night? during the day?

Is anything possible? or is this just going to be the end of this? because honestly, a month without playing is really enough.. two months, just seems silly.

-Joe
Talinor

Postby Jiriki » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:54 am

SUNDAY, this means that time to recover is available. Just let me know cos I am ill currently and need to rest.
Jiriki

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:01 am

Sunday night works for me.
Keith

Postby Jiriki » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:49 am

Reminder, final scene tonight, kick off at 6pm. Please attend?
Jiriki

Postby Stam » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:37 am

Jiriki wrote:Reminder, final scene tonight, kick off at 6pm. Please attend?

Depending on how things go, I may even be able to be around.
Stam

Postby Jiriki » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:53 am

The journey started out with a whole idea mapped out before Ferris and his crew. Go to the Archipelago, collect small animals of the indigenous life there and bring it back. Perhaps someone should have warned him that things would be a tad different.

First off, there was a woman on board and we all know that women tend to cause trouble on ships, but this woman brought rum with her so that was ok. Secondly, the barbarian brought a bear. Ok. Evander didn’t bring anything else but himself and his supplies and with the next good wind, they were off.

There were storms, talk of dragons, a huge behemoth of a maelstrom to try and wind past, followed by a pair of two even bigger ones that the captain had to sail between but finally, they made it.

And so they found themselves onto an amazing beach, full of pristine white sands and strange footprints. On the first look at it the place was an abandoned island out in the sticks with nothing around it to worry about. But then they heard the voice of the deserted and complete nut-job, Thromm. In the middle of running away from them thinking they were ‘pie-rats’ he turned back and his and his group of armed to the teeth army – of course those rabbits are lethal in the right numbers! – he was just about to tell them all to go to blazes when the large ‘sea dragon’ attacked.

And so, they are now back in the city, having survived the journey home.. of what stories they’ll tell you are their concern. But here below is the negotiations for the prizes Ferris brought back. A whole new species of Rabbit for the nobles to play with, how many is decided on how well he talks.
Last edited by Jiriki on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jiriki

Postby Jiriki » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:58 am

Behind the other part of the dune is a shack, in the shack is a tunnel leading into the island itself. Down into the tunnel of which is pitch black, there's a light in the end, a glistening white light and upon reaching that light you find theres a large cavern with a large opening. There, curled up is the largest and most ancient bronze dragon you've ever seen..

"Greetings mortals. What help may I be of to you this day?" The lips curl as the dragon speaks.
(Let the talking begin.)
Jiriki

Postby ManthisFocht » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:32 pm

"Ah, the Great and Mighty Nymmurh, I presume? I am humbled to even lay eyes upon your majesty!" Ferris states with a courteous bow that he holds for at least a full 5 seconds. "We apologize for 'invading' your island," he says, making sure to emphasize the jest of invasion "Had we any idea this was your home we would have not been so presumptuous. My name is Ferris Stormrider," he offers, a quick glance to the others before they say anything about him using a different name "... and this is the lovely Ailia Fletcher and Master Rauvin"*

"Again I must apologize, as we have no gifts to offer you, had we had known we surely would have brought offerings worthy of your eye."

*- he would introduce Evander as well, presuming he is present
ManthisFocht

Postby Jiriki » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:52 pm

The voice of the dragon is smooth, confident and deeper than anticipated. Again the idea of an eyebrow raising in its large wedge shaped face.

"Invasion would be a bad idea for all concerned. I am glad you chose to be formal about it."

One of the claws taps slightly as he speaks and gestures.

"You may be forgiven the small mistake of gifts. Now.. what are you doing here? You've seen me. I exist... no I will not allow you to set up your home here, that position is already filled by my Dragonene, no you cannot stay for longer than two days.. and yes you can fill your barrels with my water. I shall also show you which direction is safest for going home if you're blown off course."
Jiriki

Postby ManthisFocht » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:49 pm

Ferris smiles and bows once again "You are too generous, Nymmurh. We have no intention in setting up our home here, as lovely as it is. In fact, we are mere explorers from a realm far away... well, far for us mortals that is... and have been sent to recover obscure wildlife from afar for our brethren to enjoy in our homeland."
ManthisFocht

Postby Jiriki » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:56 pm

The dragon smiles and its a toothy grin.

"You want some of the creatures here... what will that serve? Will it bring me more riches? Will it make me happier?" He taps the claw again, the claw that is easily big enough to turn Ferris inside out.

"Will it bring others here to my home? Will it open up the opportunity for invasion?"
Jiriki

PreviousNext

Return to In Character Roleplaying