Trestabold's Mission

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Trestabold's Mission

Postby Xairren » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:38 am

*** Intro ***

At the Golden Lion...
Trestabold wrote:Trestabold moves to a table off to the side and sits at a chair directly under the Sword and Coin shield. A few of the two dozen patrons take notice, but do nothing.

Dalton wrote:Still a bit full of food an ale Dalton is never one to pass up well...another tavern. 'Evening, all' He says with gusto. His hard soled boots knocking the floor with heavy steps.

Irys wrote:Sits at a table, glancingup towards the ever chipper Dalton. "good evening."

Rycael Irra wrote:Rycael wanders inside the tavern, perhaps out of plain curiosity...

Dalton wrote:Hello, my snowy peach' Dalton smiles to Irys. 'Don't you look rather lonely'

Irys wrote:Snorts "snowy peach hm?" Leans back in her seat "Alone and lonely are two very different things."

Dalton wrote: Nodding. 'I can solve both at the same time. Dalton knows just how to ripen a lass for the picking' Winks.

Rycael Irra wrote:Seeing some faces she recognizes, Ry walks over to Dalton and Irys, [common] "Hi..."

Irys wrote:Does Dalton often speak of himself in the third person? Grins up at him then smiles to Ry "Hello dear."

Dalton wrote:(Elven.) 'Good evening, Forrest neighbor. Were you able to find the elven temples to express your concerns?' He asks not paying much attention to what he was considering a frost bitten melon at the moment.

Trestabold wrote:Two men get up and go speak with Trestabold in low whispers

Rycael Irra wrote:{e}"They said I'll have to wait..." she doesn't sound overly optomisitc, but her eyes show she hasn't given up yet.

Dalton wrote:He nods understanding. (elven) 'With so many people of many races there is a lot of waiting. You will be heard' He assures.

Trestabold wrote:Shortly the men are shaking their heads no before excusing themselves.

Rycael Irra wrote:She nods, glancing at the men at the other table.

Dalton wrote:Dalton holds up a finger. 'Hold just a moment' He walks over to where the two men departed and leans in for a whisper of his own to Trestabold.

Irys wrote:Her own eyes follow the men at the other table as she takes a sip of her wine

Rycael Irra wrote:Ry watches Dalton talk with the men curiously.

Trestabold wrote:Speaks quietly while wave him to sit down

Dalton wrote:Dalton takes a seat with a smile. Waiting patiently.

Trestabold wrote:(Speaking Chondathan)

Trestabold wrote:He frowns slightly, "Quick on your feet? This job will involve plenty of danger."

Trestabold wrote:Trestabold forgets to whisper this last

Irys wrote:Raises an eyebrow before standing and making her way over now. Smiling softly as she approaches the men. "Dangerous job hm?" Her voice soft as she rests a hand on the back of Dalton's chair. "Mind if I join you?"

Dalton wrote:I'm no stranger to danger. I like to move when I fight' He shrugs raising his voice along with the other man. 'You asked what I could do. Those are some of the things. Now it seems you've already lost the interest of some, would you reject mine? Worse case scenario you don't have to pay a dead man.'

Rycael Irra wrote:Not having a clue what they're saying, but thinking it important, the elf follows the other two over.

Trestabold wrote:Trestabold laughs, "Yes, but you probably won't get done what I need doing if that is so."

Dalton wrote:I do enjoy talking in circles, but I don't even know what you want done yet.' Dalton grins. 'Though I've been known to do a job or two with all the information it lowers your chances.' He looks up to Irys. 'I've been asking you to join me for days'

Trestabold wrote:Nods, "So you've faced danger to your own life before then?"

Irys wrote:Smirks at Dalton "Yes I know you have."

Dalton wrote:He has a bit of a serious face. One he hates to wear. 'I've been in situations I'd rather not recount. It's pretending they never happened before that lets me do them again. Now come on, Mister. Let's level'

Trestabold wrote:Very well. "I have a package that needs recovered. Quietly and quickly. It is guarded and you don't have to be nice to the guards. Just secure the package and keep it safe."

Rycael Irra wrote:Still looking confused, the elf remains quiet though, not wanting to inturrupt...

Dalton wrote:Perfect' he grins. 'Now don't skip on any important details. Is there a catch or hidden danger stopping your two copper thugs from taking the job?'

Trestabold wrote:I do not want to pay for the package a second time so simply I want it recovered. I would prefer that those that have it do not learn that I've hired you. If they loose it and don't know to whom, that will suite me well.

Irys wrote:Nods a bit. "And where is this particularly item?"

Dalton wrote:Then I suppose that it's perfect that we've yet to meet. Let's keep it that way. Give me a where, and what it looks like. I'll be on it as quickly as possible. The lovely apple can keep me company. The elf as well once I explain that it's a dangerous job. She doesn't need to know the rest.'

Dalton wrote:((He doesn't know she doesn't understand the language. He just assumes her understanding is broken.))

Trestabold wrote:A small Herfurth manor a few miles from town. They think to make me pay a ransom, I'd rather pay someone else.

Dalton wrote:Dalton looks to the two girls. (Elven) 'I just got a job. It's dangerous. You're welcome to come, and if you do you'll be paid.'

Trestabold wrote:Trestabold waits as you discuss

Rycael Irra wrote:Rycael smiles, apperently happier now that she can understand the language... {e}"What sort of job?"

Dalton wrote:(e) 'This man traded for an item. He didn't get his. We're going to get it for him. They won't want to give it to us.'

Rycael Irra wrote:She blinks, {e} "He cannot get it himself? Why trade then?"

Dalton wrote:(e) 'Probably not the wisest.' and neither was dalton, just sitting there assuming the man didn't know elven talking about him. 'Maybe too weak. Now he will trade with us to get him what he is owed.'

Rycael Irra wrote:She apperently isn't well versed in the purpose of trading... Ry shrugs slightly, {e} "If I help will he help us meet this tribe's chieftan?"

Dalton wrote: This is a hard one on Dalton, he wants to lie, but he also wants safe roads between towns. (e)'No.' He shakes his head.

Rycael Irra wrote:Ry shrugs again, {e} "Its alright, I'll still help..." She's too nice, apperently

Trestabold wrote:Trestabold glances between them but it is not clear if he understands or not. Others in the Golden Lion look your way now and then as you sit under the Sword and Coin shield.

Dalton wrote:Sugar?' He looks at Irys to see if she's in.

Irys wrote:Looks to Dalton and nods a bit

Dalton wrote:I suppose we're ready then, Boss'

Trestabold wrote:Fair enough. He describes a private manor some miles from Waterdeep and how to get there. Once there your to retrieve a small dark chest with a stone arrow head decorating the top. Bring it back to him without problems and get paid.
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa

Re: Trestabold's Mission

Postby Xairren » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:05 am

*** Part 1 ***
Dalton wrote:Dalton is wearing a studded leather armor or the finest quality now. He has a gaudy rapier, and short sword on the same hip, and a ready to go short bow strapped to his pack. Which has too many assorted small items.

Rycael Irra wrote:Rycael's gear consists of what she was wearing in the tavern...

Irys wrote:wears... the exact same as before. Glances towards Dalton "So... Any ideas oh glorious leader?"

Dalton wrote:Well, you're going to get yourself dead if you ever assume I'm glorious, or follow my lead' He winks. 'My suggestion is to try to sneak in. Bash some heads if that doesn't work. Unless you have another plan.'

Ralin Starweave wrote:*wearing the gear he usually wears in town which is the same as his adventuring gear Ralin Starweave is walking around outside to look for some trouble.*

Dalton wrote:Dalton has his pack and gear. He's walking through town toward the gates.

Ralin Starweave wrote:*looking around he notices a friend he has not seen in a while* "Ry?"

Ralin Starweave wrote:{elven} "is that you Ry? what are you doing so late at night?"

Ralin Starweave wrote:*walking up to the group to get a closer look he says* "ah well if it isn't pants stealer and irys hello to you two."

Rycael Irra wrote:{e} "Helping someone..." she says, following the other two.

Ralin Starweave wrote:{elven} "I have not seen you in a while."

Irys wrote:Nods towards Railin 'Hello"

Ralin Starweave wrote:{elven} "what are you helping them with?"

Dalton wrote:Dalton smacks Ralin on the back. 'Ello there, Dragon Slayer. How well do you use that sharpened stick on your back?'

Rycael Irra wrote:{e}"Getting something he's owed, I think..." she shrugs.

Ralin Starweave wrote:{elven} ah i see

Ralin Starweave wrote:as long as I can hit it and it doesnt dodge every time I try to hit it like fios did I can use it quite well but then again fios is a great fighter even though it was only training.

Dalton wrote:Yeah, sure. Well why don't you come along, there's a chance the innocent elf might get hurt' He said honestly.

Ralin Starweave wrote:*twitches a bit with anger then calms himself down*

Ralin Starweave wrote:anything to protect

Ralin Starweave wrote:although I am sure she can take care of me more than I can take care of her but anything that harms her will die

Ralin Starweave wrote:either by my hand or hers depends on how hurt she is and who kills it first

Ralin Starweave wrote:but anyways what is it that we're taking on?

Rycael Irra wrote:Words spoken too quickly are lost on the elf, who hides her confusion behind the falcon-looking mask she puts on.

Irys wrote:Simply rolls her eyes a bit and waits, hands on her hips

Dalton wrote:Right, well it's a quiet mission, so keep your mouth shut. Something attacks us and it's time for blades to fly. You've got the biggest sword, so you'll stand in front when it comes to that.'

Ralin Starweave wrote:ummm...sure.

Dalton wrote:Good, I knew I could count on you.' He grins. 'Now let's go do some good'

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The manor is somewhat like a small castle. It is an old imposing structure. Only a few lights can be seen through the closed, heavy shutters of the place.

Irys wrote:Wonders how breaking into a manor, possibly killing and or maiming various gaurds, and stealing something is doing good... But keeps her comments to herself and just smiles.

Rycael Irra wrote:Rycael readies her bow, knocking an arrow but not yet drawing the string. She stays back for now, merging with the shadow of a nearby tree...

Dalton wrote:Dalton seems to find every single twig, and loose cobble stone as he walks. He just shrugs as he's heavily off form pulling out the short bow and an arrow for it. 'So, Sugar. What kind of tricks are ya hiding? there's not a lot of room in that dress to keep anything too big.'

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The manor shows no sign that anyone has heard a thing.

Irys wrote:She eyes Dalton "Well, we could simply go up and knock on the door. You're making enough nosie as it is." Smiles ever so prettily. "Perhaps I can... persuade who ever opens it. And if not... Then you can kill them. Direct and simple."

Dalton wrote:Sounds fine to me. Go make an offering.' He puts the bow to string.

Irys wrote:Nods a little "Keep your arrows on that door please? If this doesn't work..." her voice loses its friendlyness and she narrows her eyes "I want to see a bloody pincushion" with that she turns and trots her way up to the manner door where she knocks firmly and prepares to cast...

Irys wrote:After the knock she steps slightly off to teh side so that those behind her have a clear shot

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The door does not open quickly, but when it does an old gray haired lady answers it. "Hel..." which changes to "Hello???" at the sight of drawn weapons.

Irys wrote:Not caring who or what opens the door she casts her spell

Dalton wrote:You're going to have your work cut out seducing her' Dalton chuckles.

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The old lady smiles weakly with glazed eyes, "Yes?"

Irys wrote:She smiles brightly "Hello dear grandmother..." folds her arms behind her back, giving a rude gesture to Dalton behind her. "I was wondering if you could do me and my friends a little favor."

Fiendish Xairren wrote:If I can

Irys wrote:Oh it's very simple. You see... A friend of ours seems to have left something here. A simple box. And he's very distraught over it. It has a stone arrow head on the top. Do you know of it?

Fiendish Xairren wrote:Sorry I don't remember it

Dalton wrote:I think she'll remember if you kiss her' He calls again.

Ralin Starweave wrote:*walking up to dalton he says* "would you lower that thing she's only an old lady."

Irys wrote:Well now that simply won't do... pauses a moment as Dalton decides to interrupt her. Fights the urge to hurt him. Then smiles once more "Perhaps we can come in and see if we can't find it. It is very important afterall... Also, is there anyone else at home tonight?"

Fiendish Xairren wrote:To Irys, "Your friends are not very nice dear"

Dalton wrote:Or she could be an evil demoness in disguise' He'd just strung the thing and not lifted it yet.

Irys wrote:Nods a little "Yes I know. Very uncivilized at times. But I try to keep them in line" still smiling ever so pleasantly "Boys will be boys you know."

Rycael Irra wrote:Rycael remains unseen (I think) but doesn't fire a single arrow, yet...

Fiendish Xairren wrote:Smiles, "Sure you can dear" stepping back to let her in, "My grandson is here with his friends too."

Irys wrote:Well, we'll just try not to bother them. She motions for her... companions to come along and smiles to them. "Come boys, we can go inside now." Waits for one of the men to go in first.

Ralin Starweave wrote:*bows to the old lady and says* "thank you for letting us inside."

Ralin Starweave wrote:*Ralin walks inside.*

Dalton wrote:Go on, Dragon Slayer. I'm right behind ya. Let's get in there and do some more good' He follows waving for the elf to come along.

Fiendish Xairren wrote:(so weapons are drawn or not?)

Ralin Starweave wrote:(not yet)

Rycael Irra wrote:Ry stands from her hiding spot, following the others cautiously. Her bow in hand, but not drawn, and her falcon mask still worn.

Irys wrote:Once more rolls her eyes at the sound of lets do good. Smiles to the old lady, her voice soft. "In what rooms would your grandsone and his friends be exactly?"

Dalton wrote:((Dalton has a strung bow in his hand. That's it so far))

Fiendish Xairren wrote:She points to the north door. "They are in the parlor." She gives the others a worried look, but to Irys she smiles, "Can I get you anything?"

Dalton wrote:Zzar'

Irys wrote:She gets a thoughtful look before clapping her hands lightly together. "You know what would be simply marvelous? And I am sure your grandson would like? Fresh baked cookies. It wouldn't bee too much trouble would it?" Gives a pout, fighting the urge to injure Dalton

Fiendish Xairren wrote:Its rather late to start cookies, but if you really want them?

Irys wrote:Oh yes. I would love them. It's been so long since I've had fresh baked cookies.

Fiendish Xairren wrote:Very well then. Come to the kitchen with me?

Irys wrote:Of course. I'll be there in just a moment. I just need to talk to my friends alright? I must make sure the boys behave themselves. smiles pleasantly

Ralin Starweave wrote:*looks at Irys in horror*

Fiendish Xairren wrote:She toddles off through the south door.

Ralin Starweave wrote:*the look turns into something of anger mixed with hatred*

Irys wrote:she turns once granny is out of sight and hisses "Alright you lot. Search the house. Save the parlor for last and do try to be quiet unless you want to have to kill dear sweet granny's grandson. I don't think the poor old dear can handle the loss." Smiles pleasantly "I'll be in the kitchen keeping granny out of sight so you can search away." Turns and makes her way towards the south door after granny.

Dalton wrote:Makes sense.' he shrugs. 'Kitchen is where she belongs. You okay there, knight?' He asks looking at Ralin make sour faces.'

Ralin Starweave wrote:Evil. * he says with great anger and hatred never looking off of Irys*

Irys wrote:Pause before going throuh the door and looks back. "Oh... And I'd guess the box is in with the boy and his friends. If you get into trouble, do scream and i'll come running." Ducks out to follow granny, missing Ralin's comment

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The rest of you are standing their in the parlor as the door closes to the kitchen

Dalton wrote:Is that so? ' He rubs his chin. 'I suppose it's your job to do something about that. I have to get a box, though. You can hit her with your sword afterward, aye?' Dalton points to the East door. (Elven) 'This way'

Ralin Starweave wrote:*ralin calms as soon as irys is out of sight and walks up to dalton and walks in front of the group*

Ralin Starweave wrote:[move silently] - Dice Roll (1d20): 17 Total: 17

Ralin Starweave wrote:( sorry that should be -4 due to armor so that's actually a 13)

Rycael Irra wrote:She nods, following behind the men.

Fiendish Xairren wrote:You move into the next room, it appears to be a dinning room. At first it appears to be as any such would in a small manor but there is a small chest on the side cabinet with a rune on top.

Ralin Starweave wrote:*ponders a bit looking at the chest*

Dalton wrote:Why don't you take a look at that, Ralin?' He points to the box. 'Tell me if it has an arrow head on the top. Open it if you're feeling brave'

Ralin Starweave wrote:[knowledge (religion) on the rune] - Dice Roll (1d20+3): 11, +3 Total: 14

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The unrecognized rune is engraved with silver

Fiendish Xairren wrote:In the kitchen, granny rummages out ingredants and asks Irys to get the stove going pointing to the wood stacked neatly beside it.

Dalton wrote:You gonna pop that box or not?' He taps his foot quietly.

Ralin Starweave wrote:*touches the silver rune*

Ralin Starweave wrote:*then opens it up*

Fiendish Xairren wrote:In the dinning room the box is opened to reveal a dagger of silver.

Ralin Starweave wrote:*picks up the dagger*

Fiendish Xairren wrote:In the kitchen the old woman speaks fondly of her grandson and his friends. "They are always welcome here."

Dalton wrote:Nice prize. let's go north, Aye?' He points to the north door.

Ralin Starweave wrote:sure thing I suppose so I'l go on ahead and take the lead.

Ralin Starweave wrote:*as he says that he puts the dagger on his belt*

Ralin Starweave wrote:*and closes the box*

Rycael Irra wrote:Rycael continues to follow the others...

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The north door in the dinning room is locked

Ralin Starweave wrote:anyone especially good with locks?

Dalton wrote:Let me give his a try.' Dalton reaches into his pack and removes a few tools that look like thin picks and hooks.

Ralin Starweave wrote:*looks around the room to see if he can find anything else while dalton goes to pick the lock*

Rycael Irra wrote:Ry readies an arrow and leans agianst the north wall to stay out of sight of anyone (or thing) that walks through the door when it is opened...

Dalton wrote:He begins putting his tools away feeling as though he gave it a damn good effort. 'It's too well made for me.'

Ralin Starweave wrote:let me try something

Ralin Starweave wrote:*takes out the silver dagger and puts in into the lock*

Ralin Starweave wrote:...puts it into the lock...

Fiendish Xairren wrote:Well it does not fit into the key hole so well

Dalton wrote:Let's go check the north door in the room before. If neither opens you can kick one of them'

Ralin Starweave wrote:hold on I think I can do this

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The dagger gouges the lock up, but fails to open it

Dalton wrote:He lifts and eyebrow. 'I really don't think you can..that's a wide ass blade you're trying to stick into a small keyhole, mate. I'm not sure how much experience you have with women, but this works a little differently. Now let's go try the other door.'

Ralin Starweave wrote:ok well that didn't work lets try the other door

Dalton wrote:Dalton walks back to the room before and waits for Ralin to test this door.

Ralin Starweave wrote:*ralin trys to open this door*

Ralin Starweave wrote:(the next door not the one where I broke the lock)

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The other door has the sounds of voices behind it and has no lock

Dalton wrote:There, you see now. When one lass won't open up for ya you just try the next. Eventually you get lucky. I'll buy you a drink and explain when we get back to town.' Dalton has his bow and arrow ready to go.

Rycael Irra wrote:Rycael leans agianst the wall agian to avoid being seen, an arrow knocked...

Ralin Starweave wrote:*ralin opens this door up slowly*

Fiendish Xairren wrote:There is resistance when you try to open it

Ralin Starweave wrote:*the dagger still drawn in his right hand as he opens with his left hand*

Ralin Starweave wrote:hold on a second ralin whispers

Ralin Starweave wrote:*he sheathes his dagger and takes out his greatsword*

Ralin Starweave wrote:on three

Dalton wrote:[Sure thing. (Dalton tries to hide)] - Dice Roll (1d20+7): 8, +7 Total: 15

Ralin Starweave wrote:one.

Ralin Starweave wrote:two.

Ralin Starweave wrote:*he braces himself to open the door and shoves it open* "three."

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The door is suddenly shoved open knocking Jessica into the room. In the door stands a man with a naked sword. Init rolls

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The men leap to there feet... > Dalton Jessica Ralin Rycael

Dalton wrote:Dalton, looking through the door. 'Jesse? You're a bit too pretty to in a situation like this aren't you?' His bow and arrow are ready as he takes a couple steps over (Held shoot action. he will take it as soon as someone else becomes violent.)

Jessica Blakehurst wrote:She wipes a loose strand of hair from her face, "Why thank you, I'm sure you can thank my mother for that, but as you can see I'm a little busy. Well was before the door assaulted my rear end. Who do I have to thank for that?"

Ralin Starweave wrote:sorry bout that I had to shove it just to get it opened.

Fiendish Xairren wrote: The men leap to their feet and draw their own weapons, "What is this?!" One demands, sword drawn Dalton men > Jessica Ralin Rycael Irys

Jessica Blakehurst wrote:Perform: (Sing)"Total slaughter, total slaughter. I won't leave a single one alive. La de da de die, genocide. La de da de dud, an ocean of blood. Let's begin the killing time..." echos to the others followed by whistling.

Dalton wrote:What he bloody hells..that almost sounds familiar. ' He rakes out an arrow. This time readying it on the bow ready to go.

Jessica Blakehurst wrote:To the armed men: "Oh their here to kill you can take your stuff, don't worry though I have a better deal if you'll accept. You are a gambler are you not?"

Fiendish Xairren wrote: Dalton men Jessica > Ralin Rycael Irys

Ralin Starweave wrote:to the other men: "I don't really feel like killing anyone I'm just here to help a friend retrieve an item maybe you could help us find it and if at all possible exchange it for something?

Ralin Starweave wrote:*diplomacy*

Fiendish Xairren wrote: Dalton men Jessica Ralin > Rycael Irys

Rycael Irra wrote:Rycael holds her shot and position for now...

Fiendish Xairren wrote: Irys is baking cookies somewhere > Dalton men Jessica Ralin Rycael Irys

Dalton wrote:You blasted idiot...'Dalton grumbles loudly. 'Now this no longer looks like a random robbery. Jesse, I gotcha covered. Work something out.' He moves forward 10 feet still ready to shoot. if things go violent.

Dalton wrote:((Make that more than 10, someone is already there. He moves into the room and to the side. Moving through friendly squares))

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The speaker raises his sword with his brightly burnished gauntlet shouting "Thieves!" as he prepares to attack you >> Dalton (readied) Rycael (readied) men Jessica Ralin Irys

Dalton wrote:((He's remaining readied. Giving the door bruised half elf the lead))

Fiendish Xairren wrote: Dalton > Rycael (readied) men Jessica Ralin Irys

Rycael Irra wrote:{e}"What did they say?" Ry whispers to Dalton, her arrow still readied and overall not knowing what's going on...

Rycael Irra wrote:((keeping readied action))

Dalton wrote:(elven) Whispers 'Called us Thieves' is about all he has time to get out at the moment.

Fiendish Xairren wrote:You are all under arrest. Drop your weapons now or die! Dalton (readied) Rycael (readied) men (readied) > Jessica Ralin Irys

Jessica Blakehurst wrote:["I wasn't aware nobles had the power to arrest people. How about we all lower the blades?" Diplomancy ] - Dice Roll (1d20+10): 19, +10 Total: 29

Fiendish Xairren wrote: Dalton (readied) Rycael (readied) men (readied) Jessica Ralin Irys

Fiendish Xairren wrote: Dalton (readied) Rycael (readied) men (readied) Jessica > Ralin Irys

Ralin Starweave wrote:*standing at the ready ralin holds his blade but keeps it lowered* (holding action in case they attack)

Fiendish Xairren wrote:(Dalton, any action?)

Dalton wrote:Dalton Lowers his bow. 'Gentlemen let's talk. I think I have a bit of information you just might want.'

Dalton wrote:(that's it)

Fiendish Xairren wrote: Dalton (readied) >Rycael (readied) men (readied) Jessica Ralin Irys

Rycael Irra wrote:Rycael sees Dalton lower his bow and she does the same, looking very confused now...
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa

Re: Trestabold's Mission

Postby Xairren » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:32 am

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The five confident men stand ready to fight. The center most one demands, "Surrender now!"
Dalton (readied)
Rycael (readied)
men (readied)
> Jessica
Ralin
Irys

Jessica Blakehurst wrote:Oh hells.. She mutters something else as mist begins to appear around her spreading and spreading...

Fiendish Xairren wrote:As mist begins to surround Jessica, one of the men shouts, "BEWARE!" and the men move to attack her.

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The men bound forward in a rush to attack Jessica, but luck and the mist keep her safe.
(reoder due to readied actions)
Jessica (obscuring mist)
men
> Dalton (readied)
Rycael (readied)
Ralin
Irys
(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Dalton wrote:"Smooth talking, Dollface" As the men rush in, Dalton runs backward through the door keeping his bow ready. Once he gets there he lets an arrow fly through the door way.

Fiendish Xairren wrote:One of the men scream as he is hit by the blindly fired arrow.
Jessica (obscuring mist)
men
Dalton
>Rycael (readied)
Ralin (readied)
Irys
(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Rycael Irra wrote:Apparently thinking this more trouble than was meant to be, Rycael tries to get to the door...

Fiendish Xairren wrote:A body crashes to the floor as Rycael moves quietly away.
Jessica (obscuring mist)
man 1 - dead?
man 2
man 3
man 4
man 5
Dalton
Rycael (sneaking and hiding)
> Ralin (readied)
Irys (5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Fiendish Xairren wrote:Jessica (obscuring mist)
man 1 - dead?
man 2
man 3
man 4
man 5
Dalton Rycael (sneaking and hiding)
Ralin (defensive)
>Irys
(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Irys wrote:Hearing the commotion she smiles to the old lady "Best if you stay hear and let me see what's going on" with that she slips out of the kitchen and towards the parlor, stopping near Dalton "So much for sneaking around hm?"

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The mist hides most of what is going on, but an arrow just took a man from Jessica's sight
>Jessica (obscuring mist)
man 1 - dead?
man 2
man 3
man 4
man 5
Dalton
Rycael (sneaking and hiding)
Ralin (defensive)
Irys
(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Fiendish Xairren wrote:Jessica's attempt to use a spell is defeated as she is stuck by two blades as she moves away. The men follow her and continue to attack...

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The men follow Jessica and strike her yet again and blood flows.
Jessica (obscuring mist, taken 14hp dmg)
man 1 - dead?
man 2
man 3
man 4
man 5
>Dalton
Rycael (sneaking and hiding)
Ralin (defensive)
Irys (5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Dalton wrote:"You're just lucky you weren't born ugly, Sugar"
Dalton moves back (another 10 feet) toward the exit sending an arrow through the doorway trying to get the one closest.

Fiendish Xairren wrote:By the sounds of things in the mist another body hits the floor.
Jessica (obscuring mist, taken 14hp dmg)
man 1 - dead?
man 2 - dead?
man 3
man 4
man 5
Dalton
> Rycael (sneaking and hiding)
Ralin (defensive)
Irys
(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Rycael Irra wrote:The elf continues her stealthy retreat...

Fiendish Xairren wrote:Rycael's rush to leave is not so quiet, but no one seems to notice either.
Jessica (obscuring mist, taken 14hp dmg)
man 1 - dead?
man 2 - dead?
man 3
man 4
man 5
Dalton
Rycael (sneaking and hiding)
> Ralin (defensive)
Irys
(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Ralin Starweave wrote:*not wanting to get hit by one of the arrows flying from nowhere Ralin stands at the ready.*

Fiendish Xairren wrote:Jessica (obscuring mist, taken 14hp dmg)
man 1 - dead?
man 2 - dead?
man 3
man 4
man 5
Dalton
Rycael (sneaking and hiding)
Ralin (defensive)
> Irys
(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Irys wrote:Backs away with Dalton "Are we retreating?"

Fiendish Xairren wrote:>Jessica (obscuring mist, taken 14hp dmg)
man 1 - dead?
man 2 - dead?
man 3
man 4
man 5
Dalton Rycael (sneaking and hiding)
Ralin (defensive)
Irys (readied spell)
(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Dalton wrote:"I haven't eaten my cookies yet"

Jessica Blakehurst wrote:"Twas fun boys." She blows them all a kiss then with the agility of an elven gymnast she tumbles and flips away from the group of men and disappears into the mist like a ninja.

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The mist helps hide Jessica's tumbling leaving the men with none but Ralin to face...

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The man beside Ralin shouts "For Helm!" at him as he swings, but misses with his short sword
Jessica (obscuring mist, taken 14hp dmg)
man 1 - dead?
man 2 - dead?
man 3
man 4
man 5
> Dalton
Rycael (sneaking and hiding)
Ralin (defensive)
Irys (readied spell)
(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Dalton wrote:"Oh shit"
Dalton moves out the door after hearing that last word.
(Elven) 'Let's go!'

Fiendish Xairren wrote:Jessica (obscuring mist, taken 14hp dmg)
man 1 - dead?
man 2 - dead?
man 3
man 4
man 5
Dalton
> Rycael (sneaking and hiding)
Ralin (defensive)
Irys (readied spell)
(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Rycael Irra wrote:Having made it to the doorway, Rycael runs for the safety of the nearest trees...

Fiendish Xairren wrote:
Jessica (obscuring mist, taken 14hp dmg)
man 1 - dead?
man 2 - dead?
man 3
man 4
man 5
Dalton
Rycael (sneaking and hiding)
>Ralin (defensive)
Irys (readied spell)
(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Ralin Starweave wrote:Noticing that everyone has run off he finds it useless to fight alone so he runs away

Fiendish Xairren wrote:Jessica (obscuring mist, taken 14hp dmg)
man 1 - dead?
man 2 - dead?
man 3
man 4
man 5
Dalton
Rycael (sneaking and hiding)
Ralin
>Irys (readied spell)
(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Irys wrote:Though she doesn't understand elven, she knows "oh shit" quite well and turns, following after Ry and Dalton quickly.

Fiendish Xairren wrote:One man swings at Ralin but misses him badly.

Fiendish Xairren wrote:>Jessica (obscuring mist, taken 14hp dmg)
man 1 - dead?
man 2 - dead?
man 3
man 4
man 5

Out of It:
Dalton
Rycael
Ralin
Irys

(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Fiendish Xairren wrote:"Fan out men. Find them. Raise the alarm!" The men slowly spread out searching the mists.
> Jessica (defensive, obscuring mist, taken 14hp dmg)
man 1 - dead?
man 2 - dead?
man 3
man 4
man 5

Out of It:
Dalton
Rycael
Ralin
Irys

(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Fiendish Xairren wrote:A silent blade sinks into a mist hidden man before slumping to the floor.

The other men continue to search...

> Jessica (obscuring mist, taken 14hp dmg)
man 1 - dead?
man 2 - dead?
man 3 - dead?
man 4
man 5

Out of It:
Dalton
Rycael
Ralin
Irys

(5 min to post or go "Defensive")

Fiendish Xairren wrote:As the rest of you run away, shouts can be heard from the house.

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The men continue to look for the intruders...

Fiendish Xairren wrote:(the rest of you... post your ic actions... back to town or whatever?)

Dalton wrote:Dalton is heading back to Waterdeep. With those that are willing to travel together. Not waiting for anyone that's not.

Ralin Starweave wrote:(same with ralin)

Irys wrote:Irys simply heads back to town cursing about blundered jobs.

Rycael Irra wrote:Rycael is leading the group heading back to Waterdeep, not caring if anyone follows her as long as they aren't the ones that would want to hurt her...

Fiendish Xairren wrote:(Does everyone just head home?)

Irys wrote:(Irys does)

Dalton wrote:((Dalton isn't trying to kill helmites. He prefers fighting blank faces with less identity for their unowned treasure. ))

Rycael Irra wrote:((ya, Rycael is just going back to Waterdeep))

Fiendish Xairren wrote:The road back to Waterdeep is fill with trepidations and many a glace over your shoulders.
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa

Re: Trestabold's Mission

Postby Xairren » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:33 am

The following day a broadsheet quickly spreads among the Helmites.
Thief and Murder at the Herfurth Manor!
A group broke into the Herfurth Manor yesterday by charming Grandmother Herfurth at the front door. One of the group, a smallish young human woman, complexion is light, her height just over five feet, with unusual bright fiery orange eyes, speckled with red flecks distracted Grandmother Herfurth while the others searched the house.

The group stole a family treasure, a silvered dagger, before attacking Grandmother Herfurth's grandson Goerbas and his friends in the parlor. Goerbas and two of his friends fell in the vicious and unprovoked attack.

In addition to the enchanter the following are being sought:

A human male archer that appears to be in his mid to late twenties with medium hair of ink wearing a a brown loose fitting shirt with a dark green vest. This archer marks his arrows with small roses painted on them.
This man is responsible for the deaths of two of Helm's men.

A dark bronze half elf with raven black hair. Her face is soft and girlish, with high cheek bones, a small nose, full lips, and a small delicate bone structure. She favors painting her lips a deep ruby red. Her eyes, a beautiful shade of green, tend to be left undecorated. She is believed to have murdered Goerbas by stabbing him in the back and is known as "Jesse"

A man with blue eye's and armor of a dark blue with an icy blue lining. His most distinguishing characteristic is the scar that goes over his right eye.

A elf maiden with black hair also was there with the others.

Any information regarding any of these individuals will be rewarded, especially for Goerbas' murderer which has an additional reward from the family.


(OOC'ly -- Please PM me any log of RP that goes on concerning the above. Thx)
Xairren
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Keokuk, Iowa


Return to In Character Roleplaying

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest