Rebirth of a temptress

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Rebirth of a temptress

Postby Talinor » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:53 pm

*The night sky had just begun to lighten at the very edge of the horizon, but within the highest spire of the Spires of the Morning temple already much work had been going on. Acolytes were moving around the ritual room setting up candles and incense. Far below in the main worship room the Dawn Chorus had settled in their places ready to begin to greet the dawn with song.

Far above in the skies, a winged figure challenged the night as all around him grew a circle that was the brightness of day. The white feathered wings flapped lightly, he wore a shimmering white robe that began to reflect the growing light. No shoes, but gauntlets that were the blue of the noon sky and seemed more fitting to plate-mail armor then anything else and a holy symbol that hung from a golden chain around his neck.

His body, and eyes glowed…seemingly the source of the light, and he circled and finally landed entering the top most spire. Cleansed by the first light of morning and the first breeze of the new day, the figure landed and walked into the top most spire.

Inside already gathered were those who were there to observe. This time observing was two elves known as Jiriki and Fios.

His eyes and body glowing some might say with divine light, some of course might just say he was just showing off. Talinor entered the room, and smiled; His wings flapping behind him slightly as he walked keeping his balance. He began to light the incense around the room. It was time for the first ritual…

Talinor chanted to the Morninglord calling out for the light of inspiration and knowledge.
“Great Lord of the Morning… what future is best for the one known as Tahiri.. does she seek to return.. or stay with the Lady of Joy…”

From the great clear pool of holy water in the center of the room a flash of light so bright that it out did the small imitation of a sun that was Talinor. And a vision began to form into the middle of the pool. There was an image of their friend, behind a very familiar bar top, pouring out drinks to her friends. A very low cut top that she used to full benefit in her casual flirting with the boys, and the generous amount of laughter at what must have been poor responses back.

Talinor laughed merrily and spoke to those in the room, “well I suppose that answers that.”

Talinor then waved and nodded his head to the acolytes helping him with the ritual, and they hurried to light all of the candles and incense. Even as the first chords from the chorus below could be heard.

Taking the bit of hair, Talinor winged over and placed it into the middle of the pool. The collected diamond dust was scattered about the pool of holy water and then the chanting began.

Crystals in the corners of the room collect the light from the rising sun and divert the light sending it streaming into the winged figure in the middle. The chanting rises, and the winged figure’s body turned a glowing white from the light… when suddenly a light not pure white, but of the various mixing colors of the dawn’s light bursts forth from Talinor’s holy symbol beaming down into the pool of water. The water bubbled, and something in the middle seemed to being to glow; a mere spark at light at first.

That light grew, too bright to look at directly, although it seemed to grow in stages. Finally it seemed as if the light began to take shape, forming a vaguely humanoid like figure. Talinor strode into the pool adding his own radiance to that within the pool, as he continued to channel the divine light of the Morninglord. Going beneath the surface of the pool, for just a moment as he pulled up on something as the holy light began to fade…

Holy water went flying as he broke upward through the surface of the pool, his wings flapping. His arms were underneath the arm pits of a very naked Tahiri as she broke through the surface of the water herself and took the first of many new breaths once more.

And the priest seemed to blush…

“oops!"

"hmm, naked.. didn’t think about that. Um.. help someone? Clothes? We’ve got to have a spare robe around here some where?” And he looked to the acolytes sheepishly.
Talinor

Re: Rebirth of a temptress

Postby Failbhe » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:51 pm

Fios, who had arrived with a rather drunken Jiriki in the early pre-dawn hours, sat with little reaction to the pomp and circumstance which accompanied the casting of the prayer. Legs folded, beneath him he nodded to Talinor. "Yes. Jiriki retrieved some clothing along with the hair yesterday." he gestured and a package of a robe, along with a small selection of Tahiri's clothing floats toward Talinor and Tahiri.

"These should certainly fit the bill I believe."
Makin - 6th lvl (Cleric of Amaunator 5 / Combat Medic 1)
Ogmios Vox - 1st lvl (Bard 1)
Fios-Khelek Heru (Grunt Ka Thunk) - 20th (Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 / Frostmage 4 / Arcane Trickster 10)
Failbhe

Postby Jiriki » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:07 am

If rather drunken means, she's absolutely paralytic when she is dragged in with Fios for the ceremony. Torn between wanting to stand and thank Tal properly and her legs both having urges to run off in different directions instead she just hugs Tal's legs and as is often the way with highly emotional moon-elves well beyond their own drinking ability and far into the next mans, she gushes gratefully untl Tal grows wings to escape. At which point she collapses quietly in a heap and watches. When Tahiri finally arrives its highly possible Jiriki is barely conscious.
Jiriki

Postby Stam » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:09 am

The first breath is a peaceful one, just a deep slow inhalation of the air of Toril. There's none of the gasping that one might expect from a woman brought up from underwater. Eyes still closed, she reaches one hand up to brush wet hair from her face.

"The wet T-shirt contest was scheduled for next week, Talinor. Or at least, that's what the Sunites told me. And now look what you've done - people are going to talk again."

She opens her eyes and looks around in the morning's light. "Who called me back?"
Stam

Postby Talinor » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:14 am

*His reaction to the question is to move his arms down swiveling at the elbows beneath her shoulders and cover her breasts with his hands, as if trying to make her more modest.. and then realizing it... the blush grew in redness.* "Aww. c'mon.. clothes... Jiriki... hurry folks.." *As he continued to help her regain her feet under her.*
Talinor

Postby Jiriki » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:16 am

"Who called me back...." Oh yeah... that's the key question to it all isn't it.. And her hand doesn't work. She kind of flops it aimlessly and blinks a few times and then shuffles to a semi upright position in her seat where she was languishing. Again with the attempted response of her hand but again it's not working so there's this, OOOOOOh sound as she flexes her fingers and the blood comes rushing back to the limb that went to sleep.

"Me.. I did it. Well Tal did it but I did it more and he did it cos I asked him to. So Me. I did it. Cos your not allowled to die. Cos deaded is no fun for the living, and I missed you and you didn't say bye. So it was me. "

Moving proves slightly dangerous at this point and she stumbles just as the elf's gotten herself upright again.
Jiriki

Return to In Character Roleplaying