Elder Eyes - Stormdrain Questioning

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Elder Eyes - Stormdrain Questioning

Postby Stam » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Seraphina locks the two human thieves up well, making a face as she sees they're both still bleeding from the bat attacks. The thug is in much worse shape, his chest a charred mess down to the breastbone.

Turns out that chain and manacles were handy after all, as she trusses the two up together for questioning. Aulric searches their bodies thoroughly, turning up equipment, coinpurses and a folded note.
Stam

Re: Elder Eyes - Stormdrain Questioning

Postby Stam » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:40 pm

Searching the men turns up:

One MW Light Crossbow
Two MW Shortswords
One scroll (Aulric's spell turns up an enchantment aura)
One small tightly stoppered vial (Aulric's spell turns up a conjuration aura)
The Folded Note, mentioned below, which Aulric checked first, failed to note the spell active, and then read.
Assorted coins (a few gold, mostly silver and copper)

[OoCly: Battlefield patching-up tends to run DC 15 for a Heal or untrained Wisdom check. So it's theoretically doable by anyone. If anyone attempts this, roll in the chat and note here if you succeed.]
Last edited by Stam on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stam

Postby Stam » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Aulric picks up and scans the note, even as the lesser vigor spell effect clears up the last of the crossbow bolt's damage...
The Note! wrote:You two wish to prove yourselves. Very well. I give you this opportunity.

I wish to begin encroaching on new territory. The Guild is putting up far too stiff a resistance, so this will be our first foray into the areas controlled by the old eye. Be cautious, be bold, but most of all, be successful. Find me a circular route into their domain that is not well defended and you will be rewarded.

Fail? Don't do that.

-BG.

P.S: Should you, the reader, happen to not be one of these two? Know that I prepared explosive runes this morning.

*KABOOM*

...and Aulric is hurled the length of the junction to splash down in a puddle, unconscious once more. But, thanks to the aforementioned healing effect, he's alive. That's gonna hurt in the morning.

The thug with the hole in his chest? Now has a much bigger hole. He ain't feeling a thing.

A nasty price to pay for a piece of information. But, on the bright side, the other thug is still alive. At least a little.

[OoC: Aulric is now at -6, which will improve up to -4 before the spell wears off.]
Stam

Postby Stam » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Sera tries to stem the bleeding that she causes...and accidentally opens the man's femoral artery.

Whoops.

[OoC: He's dead, Jim.

You've now taken care of the two Intelligent Vermin, and have their stuff. The Folded Note is smoking ash on the tunnel breeze. I'll finish the writeup and then you folks can squabble over the loot - but I'd suggest you show the scroll to Ms. Muffintop!]
Stam

Postby Stam » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:08 pm

When you return to the ladder (assuming Anika has nothing to add to the above) you find that the abomination had returned the girl to the ranger; climbing the ladder, you find several worried adults above.

Worried adults who receive healthy children tend to give out hefty bonuses. So above and beyond the looted equipment, there's that too!
Stam

Next

Return to In Character Roleplaying