15 Goblins on a dead man's chest

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Re: 15 Goblins on a dead man's chest

Postby tooitalian » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:27 pm

Dinner with my folks at that time, so I won't be able to make it. Have fun!
tooitalian

Postby Sister » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:50 am

I should be able to make it. But i can't commit a promise for it cause i don't know whats going on saterday
Sister

Postby Shamsy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:47 pm

((Hey all. Apologies for having to bail so suddenly yesterday. As it stands I hope to finish this outing this coming Saturday at around the same time. Please let me know if this works. Also, I tried a new style of play to try and make combat fast paced and intense. Did you like it?))

Fritz stands alone, flanked by two goblin pirates wielding spiked clubs. Bishop and Camilla have a third, injured goblin in surrounded. Meanwhile Devon and Roscoe are stuck aboard Swordfish. The goblin vessel is careening out of control, bereft of a helmsman. The reef approaches, jagged teeth waiting to dash the ships. Will the heroes stop it in time? Where is the goblins captain? And will anyone throw Devon a bloody rope!? Find out next time!
Of course it's evil! Kill it!
Shamsy

Postby Tarl Stormrider » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:21 pm

((I very much doubt I will be able to make it with Fitz that day. I have a golf outing and dinner with some friends that has been planned for a couple of weeks. If you still go ahead with this day, just let me know a day or two before, and I will send you the basics for Fitz (so he doesn't have to just mystically vanish).

As far as combat moving fast, I like it...a lot. I remember it sometimes took 10 minutes between characters and that makes for a not fun experience.))
Tarl Stormrider

Postby Sister » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:33 pm

I should be able to make it saterday. Baring nothing comes up anyway.
Sister

Postby Shamsy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:58 pm

The heroes fought tooth and claw with the goblin crew. The noise must have awoken the captain, for he and his two concubines emerged mid battle to chase off the invaders. What followed was not much of a chase really, with Devon being the only one sustaining any sort of injury.

In due course the pirate captain was killed and the two remaining crew surrendered. Camilla manned the helm (and a damn good idea, since they were heading full speed for the reef) while the remaining heroes looted, secured the ship and watched the goblins. Their search of the dead captain, slain at Devon's hands, proved fruitful, as did an independent ship search by Roscoe.

Plagued by two off key goblin singers and an enthusiastic but unskilled gnome tenor, it was a long trip back to harbor. Upon arrival a crowd of fishermen welcomed them back, singing the heroes praises and promising to get them blind stinking drunk at the Cox. The two goblins were led away by the Watch (and if the PC inquire, hanged two days later for murder and piracy). Drake is as good as his word (admirable qualities in a freebooter) and sends work for the heroes to meet up at the Cox for one final celebration and to divide the booty.

With several tables pulled together, they are met by Drake and a crowd of fishermen (mostly already drunk). Food is ordered and the treasure laid out for the party to look over while they celebrate the end of the goblin scourge. Drake informs them that the city officials had also seen fit to offer a further monetary reward for the brave actions, since they benefited the city. An unknown benefactor had also dropped off a small purse of coins on Drakes door stoop in the dead of night. A tall, smooth moving figure is all Drake is able to recall. Together the rewards are a large sum for each party member.

Treasure is as follows;

Each member gets 300GP worth of loot. Extra is out of their own purses.

1X Small Masterwork Handaxe, made from fish bones and of Shoal Halfling design, beautifully scrimshawed to resemble fish of all types 153GP

1X Small OR Medium Masterwork Studded Leather Armour, resembling a leather great coat, a very old design, thick and encrusted with sea salt, studded with barnacles 87GP

A large, black captains hat that seems to fit on anyone's head. There is a long slash in it, otherwise it is old but solid. Upon wearing it, a hero begins to think that they would make a marvelous pirate captain. Once removed, the thought fades (A Strange Item) 5GP

A beautifully formed sea shell, about fist sized. It glows with a cold blue light (as an ever-burn torch) 55GP

A heavy pewter mug that seems to fill with watery rum if the person holding it wills (Everfull Mug, as per MIC) 150GP

Various gold coins, several gems and bits and trinkets from the crew.

The party also receive a small token each carved from whale bone. With it comes the title 'Fisherman's Friend'. Present it to any fisherman of Waterdeep and you will receive one fish, free of charge. The tokens are for the particular hero only (the fishermen know who has them) and can be taken away if abused (don't go walking with a cart and getting 20 plus fish :-/ 1 a day is about what I'd expect). Otherwise they are valid for the lifetime of those awarded them. They cannot be sold or transferred. Obviously if the PC act to offend or oppose the fishermen, they can expect to have the honor revoked.

Thanks for playing!
Shamsy

Postby Tarl Stormrider » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Fitzkin would be interested in the MW Studded Leather Armor.
Tarl Stormrider

Postby Sister » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Cam wants the everfull mug and/or the ship if no one has a problem with me having the ship. I know it wasn't originally a part of the loot. but it was brought up as part of the loot by june. Shamsy can you get me and june both in pm's about the boat.
Sister

Postby Tarl Stormrider » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:10 am

My only issue with the boat would be what it is worth. Unless it is a launch (500 gp) then you are talking about a vessel which is worth 3000 gp or more. The description of it made it sound quite a bit bigger than a launch however. If it is not part of our treasure and you are just buying it with your own gold, I don't have a problem with it at all.

BTW, I was looking at the prices in Stormwrack.
Tarl Stormrider

Postby Murdling » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:59 am

It's also not really considered gear per se Tarl. Yes, there are prices in Stormwrack, but it's purely an rp based item and we've had some support for the idea that purely rp based objects should not bankrupt characters recently.

Edit: Devon will take the shell.
Murdling

Postby Bodybag » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Roscoe would be very interested in the Small masterwork hand axe

and I would be cool with the boat idea for cam, if it matters
Bodybag

Postby Shamsy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:30 pm

I'll make it perfectly clear here that I was only going to consider the boat option. I will set out my reasons below. This is my ONGOING stance on big property items and will not change unless a DM consensus changes site rules.

1. Low levels cannot and should not expect mansions, boats, exotic mounts, fantastic carriages etc, just as you should not expect a +4 flaming doomerang.

2. At higher levels PC can easily afford above items. Think of it as a reward for hard work and perseverance.

3. It is not fair on other PC. They may be fine with it, but that does not make it fair.

4. I do not make these things loot items. Therefore there is no obligation to make them such.

5. Boats, waggons, pack animals and mounts are and can be useful in adventures.

6. As I see it, if your PC doesn't pay, you're renting or perhaps the property belongs to a family member.

This is my stance. I'm happy to give a PC big items if they pay for it. As it is adventure loot, it is half market price. If you cannot afford, sorry!

Please note. This is NOT up for discussion. PDM have the right to decide these things for their own games (at least I certainly hope we do).

((Sorry Sis!))

Otherwise, I'll get the loot requests written up and sent to be added tonight or tomorrow :)
Last edited by Shamsy on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shamsy

Postby Sister » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm totally alright with paying for the boat. I came up with the money for it and I stated that with june as well. With the loot today I have what you said it was worth shamsy. I'm totaly cool with it.

On a side not I still want the everfull cup of rum.
Sister

Postby Shamsy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:08 pm

Sister wrote:I'm totally alright with paying for the boat.

On a side not I still want the everfull cup of rum.

Done and done. The follow on adventure will be posted as soon as I can commit a time and date. This will allow Camilla legal ownership of the ship. Until that time it is in dock awaiting the paperwork to be dredged out of some deep archive by an over worked scribe (a terrible and thankless job).
Shamsy

Postby Shamsy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:04 am

I've had one big oversight here.

What levels are everyone x-D ?
Shamsy

PreviousNext

Return to In Character Roleplaying