The Daily Dragon: Journals

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Re: The Daily Dragon: Journals

Postby Seekerthefallen » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:29 pm

"Be careful."

She offered up another kiss against her husbands lips. "I will be fine, I'm just going out of town for a little while. Not like you can't find me at any time." Turning from him, she climbed up onto the small cart and gathered the reigns in her hands. "I need to get some wood and maybe some fresh air."

There was nothing else to say about it. He knew she would be fine, and looked to her mother for a moment. "I will be waiting for you."

"I'm going with her. Don't worry about a thing. Give us girls some time to spend together." Lyanna hugged her daughter, in an almost mockingly affectionate way. But, in the end it was chased with an honest smile. " Let's get this thing going."

Turning Lanai to the left, she spurred the mare away from the Shop. "I love you, I'll be back soon." Pulling up the hood, she sighed a bit. "You didn't have to come."

"You didn't have to wait so long to tell me you were having a problem. I am your mother afterall. I think of any person you know, I am the one you should have asked to help you. Your my child, and your of My blood. That blood needs more then being idle. So, I am going to tell you a bit more about what and who you are."

"Could be worse. Your going to be helping me get wood too, you know."

"My daughter.. slayer of trees." Lyanna just shook her head, "It's the strangest way to rebel against me."
"Even if you silence me, My silence will still defy you"-Me

"It's not Lying...It's Neglecting the important parts"-Me

"I'm Not stealing.. I'm borrowing with the intention of not returning."-Me
Seekerthefallen

Postby Seekerthefallen » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:56 am

Aulric was so glad of watching Anika use the spell "Prestidigitation" before when they were exploring the sewers in the past." That spell has been quite useful since seeing the spell's benefit, don't you think Sarafina.", as Aulric inspected his boots again after using the spell on them. "Those tunnels we explored recently were quite wet for us to be stumbling around." Aulric glanced to see if his familiar was even paying attention at all.

Sarafina, his weasel familiar, was curled up on Aulric's bed appearing to be asleep. Sighing, Aulric shook his head. King (Cormyrean Molosser/Aulric's guard dog) came up to Aulric to be petted and indicating a possible walk in the Hero's Garden too. Giving his dog the wanted attention," Maybe a good walk will do us some good.", Aulric mumbled aloud. Hearing the comment, Sarafina wakes up, stretches, and finally scampers over to Aulric climbing up to his shoulders. After settling down on his shoulders,{You may continue now with the walk of the mutt.}. Aulric glanced down at his familiar,"Really, you ignore me until I'm ready to walk King?"

Sarafina peered up at Aulric,{Really, you need to have a Mutt, that doesn't go with us when we go exploring?}. Aulric frowned while he took King for a walk, heading towards the Heros Garden. It seemed the familiar gave Aulric some thoughts on what he was planning to do with King for the future.

Seekerthefallen

Postby Seekerthefallen » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:37 pm

The red one sat and stared at one of the most depressing of things he knew, an empty bed. Tapping one finger slowy against the side of his head as he tried to work this out- Comes by, drops off the girls, then just.. gone again. Red didn't like it. He'd tried everything to get his mind off the problem.. getting to know the rescued girls, amusing himself with others out in the city, one night he'd even slept in the bed. But no, nothing of it seemed to help.

Tap.

"Gone for days.. no note. Rude."

He'd worked some in the theater of course, and put in an appearance or two with the elves. Mostly he was playing a role or tying knots and yanking things- all activities he enjoyed. And yet his heart wasn't in a damn one of em. Just his fingers, which was enough for some of his partners anyway.

Tap.

Sigh.

"I am going to be very cross when he gets back.. I'll take it out on his-"

He'd stop, flipping a coin with black gloved fingers. A little tongue of electricity clinging to the copper in the process. Then caught it and checked the side it came up.

"His left buttock."

Seekerthefallen

Postby Seekerthefallen » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:35 am

Loth'Gar Journal: Pondering the Predicament.

It had been a long day. Loth'Gar kicked off his boots towards one corner of his tiny and pitch black living area and collapsed onto the sturdy wooden cot that took up most of the available floor space. He lay on his back for a while, not bothering to strip the rest of his gear, even the hard length of Dogslicer that dug into his back. A comforting presence really, given the current predicament.

As he lay there his mind traced the faint cracks in the whitewashed ceiling, invariable forming a rather lopsided picture of a sailing ship (though one he admittedly knew didn't exist) and a dragon, flying high in the clouds above. He shorted at the thought. If any true dragon knew found out that the crisscross of lines had been likened to the great wyrms, likely he would be cooked or eaten in moments. Fanciful thinking, considering the potent dragon wards that protected the City of Waterdeep from just such an intrusion….

After a time his mind resettled back to the present and the predicament he found himself in. Days of hiding from the law, fear a constant companion. Not fear so much that some enterprising adventurer was about to kick in the door, more a visceral fear that he and his companions were both guilty of the crimes they had been accused of and would never truly be able to clear their names. He really had to let this go. It was eating him slowly up, getting into his thoughts more and more. Come what may, he had acted with good intentions. Could he be faulted for that?

Sighing deeply he relaxed into the hard mattress. Before long he was snoring loudly but peacefully in slumber. He awoke some time later. With no windows in this bolt hole it was hard to gauge time properly. Feeling much better after some shut-eye, if a little groggy, he slid off the bed and to the floor, almost bumping his head on the low ceiling. Slipping boots back on and double checking the familiar weight of his sword, Loth'Gar unbolted the door, unlocked the handle, slid off the chain and muttered the phrase that disarmed the rune. With a faint silver shimmer it was gone, impossible to know it had ever been there. Carefully stepping beyond the door to the blackness beyond, he descended the ladder down the tiny, narrow shaft to the concealed exit in the stinking alleyway beyond. All this was deliberate of course. His eyes had no difficulty in the darkness, but it may hinder anyone scrying or poking around. The alleyway to, the smell was worse than it should be for the Trades Ward. Rotting fish-heads saw to that. An excellent deterrent to all but the hardiest Dock folk. Locating the correct brick with his dark vision, he pulled slightly and the wall slid aside to reveal a narrow crack, just enough for him to squeeze through. From the bright starlight it appeared to be early night, so a good time to be investigating for one looking to avoid eyes.

Phull must be around somewhere. With the aid of his contacts and the knowing Adolamin they had managed to track down a lead, a local dive where card games were said to be held, enough coin in the pot to excite a gambling noble like Phull. He considered what would happen if he ran into any bounty hunters or adventurers looking to make a name for themselves by dispatching a 'dangerous criminal' like himself. Ah, best not dwell on it. Would likely not go well for one of the groups. Those are the risks and rewards of the occupations. While they may be innocent to the fact their targets were actually innocent..ish… they still accepted the rewards and risks like every other sell-sword. When coin is the motivator great injustices can often occur as greed and daring outweigh common sense. He hoped it wouldn't happen, but he'd not hesitate to defend his comrades, with deadly force if required. With that resolution he slipped into the night.

Seekerthefallen

Postby Seekerthefallen » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:51 pm

Checking his right shoulder down to his chest area, Aulric traced the light scar of the longsword had sliced into him. He moved his arm about in a circular motion to make sure there was no pain in his chest or arm. Frowning, Aulric thought he was lucky from yesterday's fight in the Hero's Garden. If the Armored Guardsman was more aggressive, he probably be buried in the City of the Dead right now.

Then frowning even more with his thoughts going to the lunch in the Hero's garden with Chase and Neas he had with them today. Now that really had his mind in a befuddled state, how one views his actions as good or evil could drive one to a drunken stupor. Shaking his head, Aulric relaxed his arm from all the stretching he did.King props his head on Aulric's leg and Aulric complies with petting his dog affectionately. Sighing and shaking his head he started thinking about his action in the past doings. Hoping he made the right choices in the past or were they the wrong ones. He went over to his bed and plopped down on it, getting comfy along with Sarafina and King joining the Half-elf on the small bed. Sighing Aulric tries to get some rest.

Seekerthefallen

Postby Seekerthefallen » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:12 am

Loth'Gar Journal Entry 12: To be a shipwright

"Okay, up a little more!" came the call from above. Already straining under the burden, Loth'Gar and a pair of burly dock-hands slowly and carefully straightened their knees, edging up inch by inch. "That's it, hold it there lads for the nature mage to do 'is bit!" The foreman observed carefully from his suspended platform as the three of his biggest and most promising ship-wrights held the heavy spar in place as the magic man chanted something and proceeded to… well it was nothing like he'd seen before. The wood flowed like clay, easily shaping under the green stained hands of the nature mage that had commissioned the work. A fine ship she'd be, thought the foreman, a swell of pride bringing a slight crook to his jaw. A fine ship indeed.

Not the largest ship ever to sail the waters, but not one to be trifled at either. The ship had three masts, two smaller ones aft and fore with the third mast taking up a strong position mid-ship. A smart looking and highly decorated cabin stood to the rear, low ceiling dotted with panes of glass to bask the cabin in light and sun during the day and to allow the soft glow of moonlight to cool the space at night. A good sized hold and fair crew quarters comprised most of the space below deck. The part of the construction that interested the foreman the most though was the magic the nature mage was weaving into the very construction of the ships. There was not a nail to be found on the whole craft. A lot of the wood was moulded and shaped by magic, while wooden dowels seemed to hold the rest together. Nothing to rust and, most importantly the man thought, exceptional strength having the craft basically one connected piece of wood. While the ship was certainly functional the mage had spent any time he wasn't 'shaping' as he called it carving designs and moulding fanciful decorations to every surface he could find. Indeed, so skilled and artful was the man that the masts were no longer straight poles lashed with ropes but beautiful and majestic oaks soaring high, woodland scenes rising along their lengths. Aye, a real piece of practical art, the best kind, the man thought.

Meanwhile, as the foreman was dreaming of how fine the ship would be upon completion, his workers were still stuck under the heavy beam that was to be integral to the frontal strength of the ship. "Come on, bloody hells this is heavy!" Jordd, the burly dwarf who was a taking the lowest weight commented, though it was obvious from the slow reddening of faces and slight trembles of arms that his co-workers already understood exactly how heavy the spar was. Loth'Gar, tallest of the three, took the relatively lighter load at the front, arms raises equal to his shoulders, gloves pulled tight under the load. While he lacked the sheer girth and raw power of the dwarf he made up for it in agility and better humour. Not wanting to waste breath, there was no reply, not even the usually chatty Hodge taking up the centre elected to say more. All of a sudden they heard the crisp "Done! You may ease it down now!" From the green skinned man that was both commissioning and working on the build. Slowly so as not to cause undue stress to the joint, the three eased the timber until it was supporting itself. "Thanks the gods that's the last one!" Bellowed Loth'Gar in his slightly too loud voice. "I was beginning to feel like a tree there for a time." And I a stone!" Pipes in Jordd, dusting tough and calloused hands as he promptly moved from below the timber. Hodge just sat on a half barrel, huffing and looking like he'd had enough. "That'll be all for today lads, see the pay master and get to a tavern." The foreman called from his suspended perch, reminding Loth'Gar somewhat of a bird the wealthy folk liked to keep in a cage for their sweet song. With pats of congratulations all around the three made to leave, seeing the green man was already off down the other end of the ship to make some alteration or shaping to the craft. "A fine vessel we're building, one to be proud of." Loth'Gar commented, accompanied by two nods of agreement. "Aye, she be a fine ship all right, but nothing compared to the ample bosom of a fine lass with a pitcher of ale!" Hodge chimed in, breaking the moment. With laughter on their faces and weary muscles the three made for their favourite tavern, the Angry Coxswain. "Your collecting the tab tonight!" was met with reluctant grumbles from the dwarf. As the light faded off they went down the pier.

Seekerthefallen

Postby Seekerthefallen » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:05 pm

..Still no sign of the man. The empty bed thing had grown from preoccupation to obsession first, and had of late soured into a kind of absent resentment. The young redhead did just enough work around the play house but spent more and more time elsewhere. Though he did have that one good night with the good Captain and his evil wife.. Red eyeballed the gloves he wore and wondered if he shouldn't make that a habit, or calling card, or some such thing. Finger tapping lightly on the side of his chin there.

What if he didn't come back? Gods but that would be frustrating. The whole thought set him grumbling, pacing the room again. Tensions and frustrations building a little bit each time he turned around and saw the same things that had the audacity to not be what he was looking for.

"Gods, he is such a colossal tease.."

Seekerthefallen

Postby Seekerthefallen » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:03 pm

"I will be a stranger now." Looking to his burned face. "That means the good man is dead, isn't he?" He would touch the scar for all it's worth.

"I will find the best healers in this city." Dearra said looking at her twin with a worried scowl.

"You will do no such thing!" He barked back, and watched her through the reflection of the vanity. "I am going to keep them. They might help to remind me some time of how naive I have been." Sighing when he could see she was more upset then he'd ever seen her."Sorry to ruin your little plans.. "

"Who would think I cared about that right now. Your my flesh and bone brother, afterall. " Snorting at him and then walking over to carefully brush his hair, it had been cut, it barely suited his face. But the length would give him away.

"I think I should lay down for a bit. Leave me."

"I'm not going downstairs alone. Those vile half bloodied orcs are down there still."

"They live here, and so do I. Need I remind you that they took me in. I'm practically a brother to them."

"Your my brother first."

Seekerthefallen

Postby Seekerthefallen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Discarding the burnt clothes, Adolamin checked his body over for any scars or injuries that the female elf might've missed in healing him. After checking himself over, Adolamin chuckled at himself thinking," Well I have to thank Parisa for doing a through job in healing me from the arrow wound, sword slice,and a well cooked burning done to me from those ambushers!"
Knowing the clothes were going to be a problem to explain to the servants,Adolamin stuffed them in a sack and stashed them in his chest with the strange doll that was also partly burnt already. Glancing at the doll, he muttered to him," Dolly, I'll take care of you as soon as I have cleared my name of innocence and my new collaborators." Adolamin shut the chest and locked it back up before retiring to his bed.

He settled into his soft bed, with plenty of blankets to keep him warm and comfortable. Relaxing his body and slowly starting to drift off to sleep. As he was drifting off, he couldn't figure out why they couldn't get ahead in this mystery. Hopefully soon they could get somewhere, before they all were killed off once and for all.

Seekerthefallen

Postby Seekerthefallen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:08 am

He woke up suddenly, his body drenched from his own sweat, breathing heavily like he was running away from something terrifying. The sheets and blanket was tangled up all around him, making him realize that was what made him think the scene of the bodies were upon him in his dream.

From his locked chest he heard the scratching from the doll. Shuddering ,Adolamin shooked his head,"I swear upon Mystra, that I'll stop the evil use of magical Weave of Toril! This is wrong to make such evil items (the doll) and to turn innocent people into gibbering, bloody, mutilated, sick mass of ............!" He squeezed his eyes shut, hoping the images would disappear, but no luck. Exhaling and taking a deep breath," I don't worship you Lady Mystra, but if I can make a difference in protecting the Weave from this evil misuse! I will do what I can!"

He laid back down on his bed, staring up to the ceiling wondering if he could ever have a peaceful night's rest ever again.

Seekerthefallen

Postby Seekerthefallen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Loth'Gar Journal Entry 13 - A New Life

He felt like a sulky child. In fact, if one looked closely at the situation, he WAS a sulky child. Perhaps not the child so much. That childhood was all too brief and difficult, pushed aside out of necessity and in order to survive. But the last year or two had been good. At times dangerous, humble for sure and filled with work, but it had been honest work at least. For the most part. The occasional night-time raid on the undeserving to… redistribute wealth was an established though mostly secret affair. Ah, but all was set to change soon. Everything would change.

Loth'Gar sat in his cleanest and recently pressed white robe. By his side sat the master of the temple, a placid and peaceful expression on his face as they waited to be called into the office. The exact opposite of the look the young half-orc wore. His face was a scrunched up face of a child come man to early, not getting his way. He didn't like this place, he didn't like what they were here for. He didn't like any of it and he was damn sure he was going to make that evident. All around him milled starangers, people he hadn't seen before, wearing cloths that bespoke of middle-class wealth and privilege. The building they were in was a drab grey affair. Plain and sparesly decorated, maybe the odd stern looking portrait, these hard and uncomfortable benches, a rug with just a splash of colour. No, he didn't belong here and he didn't want to be here.

A lady wearing a prim black dress with a red fox skin hanging around her neck smiles as she strode past, seeing the young priest with the stormy face. Loth'Gar poked out his tongue at her and continued to look as cross as he could. The lady hurried on her way. "Now that was very rude you know." The master said to him softly. "Just because you cannot see what we are doing for you does not excuse bad manners and foul mood. You are still so young and have a lot to learn you know. I cannot teach you all things, but please try to bear in mind what I have taught you." Feeling ashamed but unwilling to show it through the stormy facade, the young acolyte just kept looking straight ahead. After a couple of minutes the master added "You know Rubin is doing really well. He was just like you to start. Unhappy, homesick, thinking that he was betrayed or sent into exile. But that just isn't the case." It was true. A few days ago Loth'Gar had received a letter, penned in the shaky and uncertain hand of his friend. New to writing and reading both, it was some task to decipher the notes content but once past that the letter had gone into great detail about the new life Rubin was leading, people he was meeting, things he was learning, what it was like to have his own room. It was hard to argue with really, but as most younger types change did not come easily. "But… but what will you do? How will you cope without us to help around the temple? You're not a good cook." It was a last ditch effort to change the mans mind, but Loth'Gar had a certainty in his heart that the path was set, whether he liked it or not. "I will manage, I always have and always will." Spoken so calmly, as though a hundred times before. "With the state of the city I'm sure there will be new scamps along soon enough." He hastened to add "Not to replace, no, do not think that. But there are always children like you, in need of shelter, teaching and protection. One day you will understand." In his heart the half-orc knew it was true and despite his best effort his face slackened somewhat. "But I'll miss you. I'll miss the guys." Said almost pleadingly. "You can visit any time. You will always be welcome in my home." the reply comes.

A door across the hall opens, a severe looking woman dressed in the drab grey and brown of a clerk poking her face through. "Loth'Gar… Loth'Gar of Ilmater?" she calls in a slightly shrill voice. No second name, how odd. With one reassuring pat on the shoulder the priest adds "Go on, you'll be fine." A warm smile. "They are lovely people, well to do, honest, hardworking and eager to meet you." Slightly shaky, a mix of excited and afraid, Loth'Gar walks into the adoption office without glancing back.

Seekerthefallen

Postby Seekerthefallen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:57 pm

She worked slowly through the written words. The tome was rather bulky, even if it was the smallest of the shelf. It was a curse to have such a struggle to read, but she didn't have much choice. A past-life of a slave had not given her the education needed to be effective in this.

Still she didn't have a lot of problems with putting in time. She was an elf now, and was going to live longer then most people. By the time she was a hundred she'd read better then she could imagine. Just getting to that point was going to be a real pain.

"You shouldn't squint your eyes so much. Makes your face look like an old maid." A voice spoke up from behind her.

Turning she perked a brow, "Well, you would certainly be an expert of such things would you not?"

Glenna walked over with the ease of a wicked cane. Just standing her short little self beside the youthful teen-elf. "Yes, insults are going to be the staple of our relationship. Well, read it to me."

"It's a book about boring things." Muttering with some thought. "Nothing I read here is good. I mean doesn't bring me the same joy as it did before."

"I think I can help with that. I should say, I will help." Reaching into a deep pocket in her surcoat a small book was pulled out. "Here. A gift from a friend." The black bound book, was strangely appearing to be both new and old. "He thought you would like it."

"He...ah, I see." Her thoughts went to her old companion. The bird cursed dragon, Val'Koren. "He is always thinking about me. I guess that is what I miss. Reading to him. He had a knack for liking what I did."

"Well, I think you better get to reading this book. He was entirely adamant that you do it before he comes to visit. I suppose he plans to test you." With that the old woman wandered out of view.

Seekerthefallen

Postby Seekerthefallen » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:44 pm

The man had not liked what he'd seen down there, but his comrades probably felt he'd looked coldly unaffected just the same. Odd dichotomy for him, but what they didn't know wasn't his problem. Red was not having new nightmares or drinking himself silly is the point. He was too busy with the old nightmares you see. Ones he didn't dare toss or turn during, for fear that the sources of them were still watching somewhere. This place had started so fun, and now what?

Now someone had stolen his fun, which just would not stand. He was the master thief around here, not.. whoever the hell this other malice was.

"Damn nameless shapeless bastard.."

No, he wasn't sitting in a dark room shivering or picturing skinned victims begging for life to eat, even if it's just the memory of their own. He's sitting on a hill top with a basket fll of muffins and a bottle of wine. Perhaps some private ritual, but it seemed to take his mind off things, perhps by virtue of simply taking it elsewhere.

"I'm just going to have to mix things up and make them fun again aren't I?"

Seekerthefallen

Postby Seekerthefallen » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Loth'Gar Journal Entry 14: To the Future We Look

Loth'Gar and Rubin sat looking out at the harbour. Both had grown a lot, perhaps more mentally than physically, in the months since they had left the Ilmatrian temple. The silence was comfortable, long tales stretching well into the night meant that both knew in exacting details the events of the past few months, leaving little left to say. This was by no means a bad thing though. Often it is simply the companionship of another living person that the soul craves and should that person be a close friend, all the better. An hour maybe passes, the apir just enjoying the warm sun, the nippy breeze and the bustle of the boats coming and going. Cargoes both mundane and exotic passed through the ports, the dock workers sweated and the merchants haggled over coin. All was as it should be.

"You know, they want me to begin running the business." Loth'Gar absently spoke to Rubin, in an off-hand manner. "Yeah, it would seem you will soon be the smart little merchant, waggling fingers over coppers and crowns, despairing the cost of this or that." The reply was light, made more as a jest that to be actually afforded a degree of credibility. The reply earns a snort from the subject, one suggesting that he to sees how unlikely that will ever be. "So what about you? What prim and proper plans are made for your future?" Well, I guess there was one topic that the pair had failed to discuss so far. "Me? Well I am to follow my fathers trade." A pause. Family terms were still a little alien to both. "So, um, yeah, my fathers trade as a blacksmith you know." A roll of the eyes from Loth'Gar. "You? Pounding on a bit of hot metal all day? The gods won't allow it. And besides" he adds, a sly look and slight grin splitting his features "you're far too lazy to take up an honest trade." Had it not been two dear friends, this may have seemed an insult, but they both knew each other well enough to know that no harm was meant. And so none was received. "You know, you're perfectly right. Too much hard work, even if it is a noble and well to do trade." He shrugs his shoulders.

They sit a little longer in silence, prisoners in their fates. "You know what?" Rubin is the first to break the silence. "The Hells with it, I'm going to be an adventurer I think. Treasure, excitement, women…" That last said with a peevish inflection to his tone. It elicits a soft chuckle from his partner. "Yeah, I think I can see you running from a huge red dragon, tail between your legs." Loth'Gar teases. A gentle punch from Rubin. "No, really, I think that life may suit you. Perhaps I could follow? We could be partners?" Rubin smiles, fill and genuine. "You know, I would love to share adventures and riches with you. Plumb the lowest depths, clime to previously unreached heights… but we both know what you really want to do." He receives a quizzical look for that. "Oh come on! You used to spend hours down at one dock or another. Boats, sailing, these are things for you!" Well it was hard to argue really. "I… I suppose so." At first he isn't so sure, but he quickly reaches the realisation he is right. "I think I will, maybe build boats even?" A question, but not really one. Rubin plants a hearty slap on his shoulder. "There you go! That wasn't so hard now was it? I suppose the hardest part will be telling our new families that we have our own plans…" He trails off.

The sit in silence once again, the thoughts of disappointing the people they have come to regard as their families heavy in their hearts, even if they know their decisions to be right. "How about I come with you when you break the news and you do the same for me?" "Deal." They stand and head back to Loth'Gars home first. Fortunately they live but a few blocks away from each other. "You know though." Loth'Gar adds as they walk, each step getting simultaneously lighter and heavier. "I do fancy the idea of a life of adventure to. Perhaps once I get established I could accompany you?" Rubin looks him in the eye as they walk. "Of course my friend, of course."

Seekerthefallen

Postby Seekerthefallen » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:42 pm

The Necromancer looked at the pile of gold and platinum pieces and grimaced. He knew his wife had noted the absence of the treasure but she had not said anything regarding the matter. She probably thought he was preparing to purchase materials for additional alchemical experiments or he was preparing to enchant some of his own equipment, which he did periodically. Neither case was true, these funds had been set aside for a specific purpose to ensure her survival should something terrible happen.

He had examined the various return a loved one to life options and frankly they were all either terribly unreliable or prohibitively expensive. There were still risks to this option specifically with regards to safeguarding the clone that would remain in stasis until the event of her untimely death. Enialas had chosen a fairly secure location to store the clone and had taken additional measures to conceal its presence. The far more difficult task had been the collection of genetic materials that would be sufficient to create a clone without making her aware of what he was doing.

Fortunately for him his wife insisted on preparing meals and was rather clumsy with a cutting knife. It had taken weeks to collect enough material and preserve it to fill his needs but he had done so. Now all he had to do was contact the Steel Mage about having the clone created and finding a way to get it to its secure location without Ziandra finding out. That was the most difficult part of all arranging surprises for a woman who had a talent for discovering and revealing secrets. He hoped she would appreciate the work he was doing to ensure that they remained together for a long time.

Seekerthefallen

PreviousNext

Return to In Character Roleplaying