Three Sheets to the Astral Plane!

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Re: Three Sheets to the Astral Plane!

Postby Raina » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:49 am

What with the discussion of the uses for the different items, including the tranche, Rhyl peers over, listening, eyes shifting toward his sword and back to see if Astaroth has any input on a use of the thing beyond just draining it.

"The dust could be useful - I have no desire to be a beacon to anything else at this point. I get enough of that already."
Raina

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:01 pm

While holding the torc, Tyrani's eyes keep going back to that crystal. "Does anyone want that?"
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Ian » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:02 pm

Rhyl gets one of his mental monologues as he looks over the items.

You know...it actually reminds me of a much smaller version of Number Eight's power core--not the Persona Gem, mind, but the actual energy source. If nothing else, the folks at New Ascalhorn would almost certainly trade you something for it.

That said, any use made of it is going to drain it eventually, it's just a question of how efficiently one does so. And most of your skills do trend towards the guzzle-and-toss-it variety...

A pause follows, almost a nonverbal shrug. I think we could come up with something better if you wanted to keep it. Might be an excuse to get you into some proper ritual magic for a change. There's a somewhat haughty-sounding sniff before he continues. But honestly, if you're going that route I think you'd be better off with the dust. The things we might be able to do with it are more likely to actively contribute to your survival.
Ian

Previous

Return to In Character Roleplaying