Celebration

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Celebration

Postby Kemian » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:38 pm

Formal invitations go out in fanciful writing inviting the friends and family of Devdan Timolan to celebrate the return of Susanna Bonnette. The evenings festivities have been completely paid for by Devdan and he simply wishes to thank everyone involved in helping free Susanna from her imprisonment.

(Anyone directly or indirectly involved in this plot is welcome to join this event it will have both a scene part and additional part here in the forums for those that can't make it.)

(Looking at Wednesday August 27th at 8PM EST start time)

Guest list off the top of my head include but are not limited too:
Kurick
Tahiri
Rhyl
Tyrani
Judicos
Jiriki
Sera
Howard Blink
Altair
Ethran Drakhat
Ziandra Winterschill

(Anyone remotely connected to Dev would get an invite in addition to those listed here ICly the event is being held at the Three Stars. Pretty much anyone that wants to show up is welcome.)
Kemian

Re: Celebration

Postby Jiriki » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:05 am

Yup, she's going to turn up.
Jiriki

Postby Seekerthefallen » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:11 pm

I will be there in spirit. As I work nights, and it will continue to be impossible for me to be involved in Weekly things. Thanks for the invite though.
"Even if you silence me, My silence will still defy you"-Me

"It's not Lying...It's Neglecting the important parts"-Me

"I'm Not stealing.. I'm borrowing with the intention of not returning."-Me
Seekerthefallen

Postby Raina » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:59 pm

Rhyl should be able to be there, assuming I don't have a sudden unexpected Pathfinder game!
Raina

Postby Jiriki » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:15 am

(Sorry I couldn't attend, when I woke up at 1am, I had no working internet, as soon as I tried to log in it crashed on me.)
Jiriki

Postby Kemian » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:49 pm

The evening's festivities were extravagant. No expense was spared. The Chultan cuisine was prepared well the Three Stars was brightly lit and the atmosphere was light and enthusiastic.

Devdan was there early to greet the early attendees while the guest of honor was fashionably late.

Devdan was sure to thank each and every person for attending and he payed special attention to those that had a hand in returning Susanna to Waterdeep.

(If you would like to post and IC well wishing or dropping by here and now is the place to do it.)
Kemian

Postby Stam » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Susanna had, at the very last minute, realized that she had nothing to wear. A quick shopping trip and one spell later, she had a gown for the evening and spent the rest of the day bathing and doing painful things to her hair. The end result teased her red locks into gentle ringlets that cascaded down over one shoulder, directed there by a silver hairclasp.

She wore her silken gloves and the thin circlet gifted to her by a friend of a friend, but otherwise her ears, neckline and hands were all bare of adornment. Why was hard to tell; she was certainly dressed with intention to impress, and the expensive gown suggested some adornments should be present. But she put her chin high and, after Dev greeted her appropriately, followed him back to one of the main tables and stayed at his side for the entire night.

Food was sampled, some found to be hotter than her throat could bear (though she never ceased to be amazed at how well Dev could stand up to the hot stuff), and she chitchatted with all the guests in apparent good humor and health.

-----------------------------------------------------

Tahiri Aliev was already packed and ready to leave the city, but she'd held back at Dev's request and had helped him decide on and prepare for the party. Her staff had been delighted to help, some more than others (Gumbo the cook, for example, just swore about more people not respecting his food), and the place was sparkling clean and decorated just as the snow elf had directed.

Tahiri herself had gone with a fractionally more conservative outfit than she was typically seen wearing, and had politely asked her staff to consider doing the same. (Dev was, after all, Taken.) Over the course of the evening, she kept an eye on the flow of food and drink out to the party, and only once she was sure it was going well did she herself join. Well wishes were given to the happy reunited couple, a reminder to laugh often and together was sternly delivered to both, and then she grabbed a random gentleman acquaintance of Dev's and yanked him to the dance floor.
Stam

Postby Jiriki » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:51 am

Jax had been in attendance as well, keeping well and truly to the background. Only venturing forth to speak discreetly to Devdan and make good on the offer for two of the yearlings that had foaled late last summer. A pair of fine cormyrean warmbloods that would show dexterity, athletic grace and spirit.

Jiriki hadn't been able to attend, she'd left a note for Devdan and Susanna not only thanking Susanna for her company earlier that day, but also asking that her gratitude be expressed for those who were helping with a certain matter, while also showing gratitude for Devdan and Susanna's help alone. Then she'd gone to the road that would lead her out of the city and gone on a different type of journey.
Jiriki

Postby tooitalian » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:48 am

Ryan wrote a letter to Devdan, stating his congratulations on the return of his companion, and offering apologies for being unable to attend as he had previous arrangements out of the city. At the bottom of the letter Ryan wrote this "If Taylor does not present you with a silver vase, you have my permission to slit his throat and feed his corpse to the dogs."

Along with the letter came a small ornate silver vase (valued 100 gp), which Taylor handed promptly with a fearful wide eyed expression.

((Please remove 100 gp from Ryan's sheet))
He who laughs last, laughs alone.
tooitalian

Return to In Character Roleplaying