Gallen's Tale

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Re: Gallen's Tale

Postby Stam » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:15 pm

"I wonder ... tell me, how is the Empery Staff linked to him - and I presume the same name as the wraiths means it is linked to them as well? How are they bound?"
Stam

Postby J.C. » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:22 am

*leaning forward placing both elbows on the table, raising his hand up to slowly stroke the small goatee he has recently been cultivating on his chin, clears his throat*

Since we need to deal with this staff and Padrech, I may have a solution to both in the same move, but I am not so sure how to accomplish it.

Some time back I along with a select few others were taken to a place now known to me as the Sarnath facility. From what we learned of the place it was occupying multiple dimensions. If we could somehow get both the staff and Padrech encased in there, it may solve the problem for us.

Now, since I have already been there I am sure that I could possibly teleport myself and what little I can carry there, but getting Padrech and the staff there would require someone or something more powerful than I to get more there.

This might also present another minor problem in that I would have to go too because I have been there.

*sighs* Now, you all know, I have never been the hero type, but if it comes to saving both of our realms, *grimaces* I might be persuaded to make that leap to take him there.
J.C.

Postby Arrow-Bolt » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:29 am

-Jirgaldai would bow his head in humble thanks as he takes the letter from the Steelmage. After the meeting ends he would make 3 copies of the conversation transcribed, as well as write a report on the Trade Ward. Two copies for the Gray Hands with the letter of introduction, one of which they can forward to the watch. Another for his mentor at the chapel of Deneir-
Arrow-Bolt

Postby Stam » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:09 pm

Susanna listens to Val speak, then smiles.

"I've heard that story before ... Dev told me at least some of it. A city whose walls could even keep in the dead. But..."

She taps her cheek, thinking back to when he had told her about that jaunt.

"Wasn't the area completely warded against dimensional travel? I don't think there's any way to get us there - and that's assuming we want to risk breaking more boundaries teleporting here the way they did."

She indicates the extraplanar pair.
Stam

Postby J.C. » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:32 pm

*removes a coin from his vest pocket, standing it up with one finger on the table*

It is indeed a stronghold, but I also believe that this will allow me safe passage into it, and I believe it is warded strongly against exiting, not necessarily entering with this.

Also, as I said, it is an inter-dimensional space, so teleporting into it shouldn't cause a tear in the fabric as their travel did, since it exists on I believe all planes.

*shrugs* As I said, some of this is beyond my knowledge, but may possibly be taken into account as a possibility.
J.C.

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Tyrani listens to all of this, drawing a complete blank. Extra-planar travel travel or bonding with continents and artifacts isn't something she's done a lot of studying of. "So we go there, try to talk sense into Annika, and then stop a possessed madman with an intelligent evil artifact staff. Is that the plan?"
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Kemian » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:13 pm

The hero's are successful and they have a huge haul of gold, platinum, jewels and rare raw metals at their disposal along with a number of interesting trinkets. All the treasure and magical items sold and then divided equally between the group would provide 40,000 GP per person.

The individual items of note are as follows:

Robe of Forsaken Conjuration - Operates like a Robe of Mysterious Conjuration except that all Monsters summoned have the pseduonatural Creature Template applied. Gallen and Annika both warn that the item while powerful my hold additional abilities or side effects associated with it as a result of the association with Forsaken. (Resale value - 5000 GP)

Robe of Stars (Resale value - 13500 GP)

Belt of Health + 6 - (Resale value 18000 GP)

Gloves of Dexterity + 6 - (resale value 18000 GP)

Bag of Holding II - (Resale value 2500 GP)

Bag of Holding IV - (Resale value 5000 GP)

Ring of Protection + 5 (Resale value 25000 GP)

And 73000 GP in Gold and other sundries.

In addition Gallen offers to make and enchant any weapon or armor in his capabilities at materials cost.

Annika offers the following items from the coffers of the Vale of the Running Horses Vaults in exchange for the resale value in Gold.

2 - Rings of Wizardry I (Resale Value 10000 GP each)

2 - Rings of Wizardry II (Resale Value 20000 GP Each)

2 - Rings of Wizardry III (Resale Value 35000 GP Each)

2 - Rings of Wizardry IV (Resale Value 50000 GP Each)

Once the treasure is divided and the reward items are crafted the Heroes are transported in a circuitous route back to Waterdeep and are free to use their treasure and tell their new tales of heroism as they see fit.
Kemian

Postby J.C. » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:30 pm

As Val looks over the items, the one thing that strikes his fancy is the pair of finely crafted Gloves of Dex+6.

With some negotiation with Gallen, he also decides to do some armor upgrading on his Buckler and finish it off with taking the rest in cash.
J.C.

Postby Stam » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:03 am

MIC wrote:This robe seems to have depth, as if you were gazing into a portal between worlds, where vague behemoths move at the limit of your vision.

While listening to the dislcaimers, Susanna gazes at the Robe of Forsaken Conjuration for long enough to potentially unnerve someone watching her. Finally, she lifts her gaze and smiles at Annika. "I think I'll take it. I'm sure I have something at home that can accessorize well."

She moves on to finger the gloves of Dexterity, which she expediently claims by stripping off her own and handing them to her familiar before donning the new ones, and then starts repacking the contents of her tote into the Bag of Holding II.

"I think that should be good for me."

[Claiming: Robe of Forsaken Conjuration, Gloves of Dex +6, Bag of Holding II. Total is 25,500 by my reckoning.

Edit: Err. Wait. The Gloves of Dex was already claimed. Please, sir, do you have another? Otherwise, Ring of Protection +5 instead.]
Stam

Postby Ian » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:03 pm

Altair was prepared to take the Robe of Forsaken Conjuration if no one else did, if for nothing else as the base for some magical experimentation. He has no practical use for it, however, and with Susanna claiming it, he is content that it will come to the Prime--and he offers to assist her if she wishes to explore its potential side effects further.

As for the remaining items, he examines the robe of stars in some depth to determine its capabilities. (Is that the SRD item minus the shuriken?)

Otherwise, his primary point of interest is in the rings of wizardry, and he will immediately claim one of the Type-IVs.

He currently has no urgent call for magic enhancement or new weapons from Gallen--the blacksmith's previous work still holds him in excellent stead, and he wields it with pride. That said, he noticed on his last trip to this realm that some materials seem to act a little differently than their Torillian counterparts, so he does speak to Gallen about special materials to see if there's anything weird here that he truly can't get in Toril.

[I may do some other stuff, depending on if the robe of stars is what I think it is, but I'm absolutely snagging a half-price RoW4. I'll make an empty slot for that shit, even if it means grafting a third hand.]
Ian

Postby Stam » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:53 pm

Ian wrote:Altair was prepared to take the Robe of Forsaken Conjuration if no one else did, if for nothing else as the base for some magical experimentation. He has no practical use for it, however, and with Susanna claiming it, he is content that it will come to the Prime--and he offers to assist her if she wishes to explore its potential side effects further.

Susanna is all for magical experimentation, and notes that she would be willing - Devdan's permission being granted - to place herself at his disposal for said tinkering.
Stam

Postby JuneBarcarolle » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:45 pm

Tyrani looks over the various items, and comes to a stop at the rings. While getting a new and improved weapon is tempting, a Ring of Wizardry for 4ths is irresistable.
JuneBarcarolle

Postby Kemian » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Yes the Robe of stars is the same one as in the SRD minus the throwing stars.

The three most plentiful rare materials that Gallen has access to are the following:

Quon Iron - Has all the properties of star metal with some additional protection versus outsiders if used as armor.

Water Wreathed Steel - Has all the properties of Glass Steel in addition to having an affinity for illusion based enchantments such as mithral mist and other displacement types of enchantments.

Mithral - Just like your standard mithral from Toril.

Material he possesses in smaller quantity and has lesser availability.

Mokotan Cold Iron - Cold Iron mined from the Grey Waste on the shattered continent of Arumane.

In addition to overcoming DR/Cold Iron. Weapons or armor made of this material are painful to the touch of any creature with the Fae Subtype or with any Fae Heritage Feats or with Elven Blood. Any creature of that type that is struck with a weapon forged from this material is treated as if it has been hit with a weapon with the Corrosive Weapon enchantment.
Kemian

Postby Ian » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:11 pm

Kemian wrote:Water Wreathed Steel - Has all the properties of Glass Steel in addition to having an affinity for illusion based enchantments such as mithral mist and other displacement types of enchantments.

Mokotan Cold Iron - Cold Iron mined from the Grey Waste on the shattered continent of Arumane.
In addition to overcoming DR/Cold Iron. Weapons or armor made of this material are painful to the touch of any creature with the Fae Subtype or with any Fae Heritage Feats or with Elven Blood. Any creature of that type that is struck with a weapon forged from this material is treated as if it has been hit with a weapon with the Corrosive Weapon enchantment.

Hell, yeah. Altair is most intrigued, and asks Gallen what it would take to get a chain shirt or buckler of the former and a dagger and/or greatsword of the latter.
Ian

Postby Kemian » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:28 am

The cost of a weapon made of Mokotan Cold Iron is base value + 2500 GP. The cost of light armor or a shield made of Water Wreathed Steel is base value +2500 GP. Gallen is willing to make Altair a weapon and piece of armor or buckler.

The Water wreathed steel enhances any illusion placed upon the wearer of armor or buckler holder as if the spellcaster has first cast Spell Enhancer. Any Mirror Image spell cast upon the wearer is automatically maximized. If Mithralmist enchantment is placed on armor or a buckler the mist extends out in a 5 foot radius instead of just in the square the person inhabits.
Kemian

PreviousNext

Return to In Character Roleplaying