Wanted: A Building

In Character Announcements, Narratives, News and Events

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Wanted: A Building

Postby ChronoregulatorBeta » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:20 pm

*scribbled in capitalized, rough Common, Orc, and Chessentan, fliers have gone up around the Trades Ward, Dock Ward, and Market with the following message.*

HU'RUK, LEADER OF THE COMPANY OF WOLVES IS SEEKING A BUILDING FOR SALE. CAN PAY PARTIALLY IN GOLD AND IN MERCENARY SERVICES UNTIL PAYMENT IS FUFFILED. CHEATS AND SWINDLES WILL BE DEALT WITH AS APPROPRIATE. WILLING TO NEGOTIATE. CONTACT INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND AT THE LION PUB OR COXSWAIN

(OOCly, he's looking for a place to set up his headquarters. If anyone has any more info on how to go about buying a building for a PC please fPM me or catch me in chat, I would really appreciate it. As said, he is willing to offer free services in addition to gold payments in order to acquire the building.)
pDM name: Temporal Anamoly

"It's like that time a deaf elf led a blind monk into a ten foot pit!"
ChronoregulatorBeta

Re: Wanted: A Building

Postby Shamsy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:05 pm

((All OOC viewtopic.php?f=20&t=162 It can be reasonably assumed a PC is ‘renting’ for RP purposes without any actual gold cost. Real ownership however costs gold. My PC Loth’Gar actually owns a building. I'm not aware of any other PC doing so, since it's purely RP and confers no real advantage))
Of course it's evil! Kill it!
Shamsy

Postby Kemian » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:09 pm

There are a number of PC's that have invested in owning homes and buildings. Enialas has invested in purchasing a home.
Kemian

Postby ChronoregulatorBeta » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:20 pm

So via the guidelines, it's safe to assume that Hu'ruk can afford monthly rent at a low end shop (1d4x10gp, low end approaching 10-20gp a month) in the Warren's based on his profession (and "taking ten" as an average month's pay = 28gp ) to run a fledgling mercenary group out of until they can gain some notoriety/cash flow/etc. Without raising too many eyebrows about how he can afford it?
pDM name: Temporal Anamoly

"It's like that time a deaf elf led a blind monk into a ten foot pit!"
ChronoregulatorBeta

Postby Shamsy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Yes chrono, sounds right to me.

On a side note, it’d be interesting to compile a record of PC owned priperty, as it makes good books for potential adventures or encounters.
Of course it's evil! Kill it!
Shamsy

Return to In Character Roleplaying