Archive

A place to discuss the setting, rules and anything else Out of Character.

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Re: New Character

Postby TheMaskedFerret » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:55 am

Thanks for your prompt response.

When he gets approved, I will need to plan for future advancement. As the Feat Rogue variant from Unearthed Arcana is out of play, what classes would you suggest? I am looking for something with a large number of skills, but not something sneaky. He has is strong (+3), slightly dexterous (+1), fairly attractive (+2) and intellegent (+2) but not wise. Looking forward to your thoughts on the issue.

- TMF
TheMaskedFerret

Themes/monsters/environments/events/plot I'd like to see

Postby Shamsy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi everyone!

As per the title really. I was discussing that the Character Goals thread tends to be focused on a single character as opposed to any group spanning events or activities that affect a whole range of characters.

Similarly discussed was the use of PDM forum to throw around ideas between PDM for adventures, themes or events. A great resource, often underutilised, but limited to the PDM.

So this is a bit of a mixed thread I thought I'd test out that everyone can access.

Post here any themes, monsters, environments, events, plots and adventures you would like to see.

While the PDM have great imagination, I for one would not shirk at the creativity of others. The more material and ideas to work with the better.

This thread may grow, or it may die a quick death. I hope grow.

I'll start so there is an example or two (plus I have player cravings to :P):

I'd like to see the vast ocean, conveniently at our door, used in more adventures. Sailing above water or swimming below. Make use of that swim skill I hope we all have.

I also encourage the use of Ian's 'Strange Items'. Cool and cheap, awesome RP flavor. Why not?

I've also been enjoying the more 'peaceful' adventures, where traps, the weather and other means of victory (beyond killing it) have been utilised. Boss battles are great, but not everything.

Goblins. I wanna smite those little green bastards again :D
Of course it's evil! Kill it!
Shamsy

Re: Themes/monsters/environments/events/plot I'd like to see

Postby Jiriki » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:51 am

I am more than willing to run some of these threads. I shall look up some goblin stuff for you all, if you're willing to play....
Jiriki

Postby David » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:47 pm

I'd be up for those. Also wouldn't mind some wilderness plots, may be biased though since my only pc is a druid :)
David

Postby Shamsy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Jiriki wrote:I am more than willing to run some of these threads. I shall look up some goblin stuff for you all, if you're willing to play....

Willing to play!? ALWAYS willing :D And I love to smite goblins. Sounds sweet!

So, a wilderness request. I'll have a think so that once the current plot is completed I can find something suitable. Low level David?
Of course it's evil! Kill it!
Shamsy

Make my Babies... Shrink..

Postby Seekerthefallen » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:15 pm

You thought I would say grow. That is part of it.

Is there an item that would allow you to shrink and then unshrink say a companion pet? Just curious for a build I have in the works. Making it more convient to take Say something you could ride into a dungeon if you needed that said companion to go up a ladder with you to a floor above.

I know Prestidigitation alters size.. but I don't know if that works on living items.
"Even if you silence me, My silence will still defy you"-Me

"It's not Lying...It's Neglecting the important parts"-Me

"I'm Not stealing.. I'm borrowing with the intention of not returning."-Me
Seekerthefallen

Postby tooitalian » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:09 pm

Just lemme know when, I'm itching for a scene
tooitalian

Re: Make my Babies... Shrink..

Postby Kemian » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:37 pm

There is a spell Familiar Pocket which may be applicable.
Kemian

Postby tachus » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:06 am

as before, all the bounties that are available are open for anyone to look into if they feel the need... if a group of people (or even just one PC) decides to hunt htem down, i'm available to run things...

((i'll work on actually getting the bounty stuff moved over to these forums later today probably))
"Oderint Dum Metuant" - Emperor Caligula

"Experience is not what happens to a man; It is what a man does with what happens to him." - Aldous Huxley

PCs: Sambiir TaKorc-Wands, Vairc Delvaux, Kell Ironclaw, Zander Stormwave
tachus

Postby Corvin » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:32 am

My RP schedule stinks, but I am currently researching and working on a storyline for a group pf players (per some prodding from JC and Bex). Although I need to know if I should write it up module-style for other DMs to run it in the event that I can;t be on when the players are.
Corvin

Postby David » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Still lvl 1 though hoping once the two scenes I was in get added in I will be close to leveling.
David

Limited Availability

Postby Corvin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:50 am

So two events are about to punch my RP time right in the taint. First off, my job has suddenly decided that social media sites (like Facebook and chatrooms) are a problem, and may become blocked. I'm going to double-check the new memo and search for a loophole, if at all possible.

The other event is the fall semester, which starts for me next week.

So, until furthur notice, this is my availability:

Online chat in DD: Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

Instant messenger: AIM, Yahoo, Trillian: M-F daytimes and after midnight, sporadic on the weekends.

Any questions or messages or whatever, I check my email frequently. Hope to see y'all soon!

Corvin
Corvin

Re: Limited Availability

Postby Murdling » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:15 am

My condolences. Good luck with the loophole thing.
Murdling

New Character

Postby Kaisarr Thurdurr » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:11 am

I'm not sure if this is how to create a character but I'd like an orc barbarian.
The forum said that I have to explain how this would work...
Could I raid caravans and/or join enemy mobs to fight other players?
Kaisarr Thurdurr

Re: New Character

Postby Jiriki » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:21 am

You can probably make a half orc... I would get into the chat room -points to the top of the page where it says Chat- and talk to Winter, June, Rose, Death Seeker or Ian. Those are site DMs, failing that, come in and introduce yourself to us, we're friendly enough.

:D
Jiriki

PreviousNext

Return to OOC Questions, Answers & Discussions