Visitors to the Fugue Plane

A place to discuss the setting, rules and anything else Out of Character.

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Visitors to the Fugue Plane

Postby Rosemadder » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:38 pm

Since the d20 side here has been open for so long, prior to adapting to Waterdeep, I thought a memorial to all Player Characters might be appropriate, even if they didn't quite make it to Waterdeep.

Which means, of course, i REALLY wanna know which DM or pDM has gakked the most PCs.

And, flipside, which PC has been resurrected the most!

And, of course! Which player has the most-likely-to-get-gakked characters!

Care to admit to killing a PC/having got a killed PC/not being able to leave said dead PC to a happy afterlife and bringing back his or her sorry rotting buttocks?

I'd love to know the character's name, its player, which pDM or DM did the gakking, LOVE to know (SHORT FORM!) method of death, and uh *cough* what race/classes it had (lets see if half-elves are REALLY that wimpy, Marek!)
Because I am nosy.

Ok, Because I am REALLY nosy.

Results:
DM:
Keith:7
Ian: 9
Tarl-1
Rose-1
Unknown pDM 1
Manium-1
Marek-1
Xairren-1
June-1

Player with the most PCs killed: Eric and JC tied at 6 each? Damn, guys, who are you pissing off??!!??

Chr most likely to die:
Sidious Thoth and Val Fleetfoot tied, along with in an equal tie, ANYONE in a scene with Val Fleetfoot
Last edited by Rosemadder on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
Rosemadder

Postby Failbhe » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:47 pm

Well, that certainly was a meandering post. *grin*

Characters of mine who have died :

Hlif
(Fighter/Ranger)
Dwarf
Killed by Keith via a Fireball trap

Edward Bonny Flynn
(Sorceror)
Human
Killed by Keith via (mumbles)

Grunt Ka Thunk
(Wizard/Rogue/Frostmage/Aracane Trickster)
Half-orc
Killed by Ian via Demon-God King-in Iron
Brought back to life
Failbhe

Postby Stam » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:01 pm

Sheida
(Human Warlock3)
Killed messily by Ian by a Bearded Devil

Vesper
(Halfling Rogue something)
Executed by Keith by Silverymoon law. (Donn helped as a PC.)

Feraiel
(Wild elf Scout)
Cut in half by orc greataxe and dire boar mount while on her way to the High Forest - Keith rolled up that encounter.

Katla
(Half-elf Monk/Wizard)
Trolled, then reincarnated, by pDM no longer on site.
Stam

Postby Ian » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:01 pm

Let's see...

Donn's already mentioned my having killed Grunt. (Not to mention the repeated near-misses.) Death by giant metal fist in face.

Alas, my having sort-of-killed Berenind on the same adventure doesn't really count, since Fortunate Fate brought him back before his soul even left the body. If it did count, it'd register as death by neck-snappage due to tail-whip by 60-foot prince of snakes.

Stam's likewise already mentioned my killing of Sheida. (Not to mention the repeated near-misses of his other PCs.) Death by Infernal Wound.

Only Eric will remember *exactly* how many of his PCs I wound up getting.

I know there was the one that got caught on a B&E at the Greycastle estate by a Scalamagdrion protecting Lady Aelia's books...death by poisoning in her cell, courtesy her employer for that job.

There was the rogue captured by angry estate guards and hounds after trying to assassinate a noble and failing a DC 10 Jump check...death by hemp fandango.

The one captured in the Nether Mountains on her way to Sundabar and enslaved by Orcs...we'll call that one death by "Orc war-party leader getting bored with the slave."

Am I forgetting any, Eric? I don't remember names, unfortunately.

There was also the adventure where I killed Throrer (Patrick's dwarven cleric) and Morgo (J.C.'s dwarven...barbarian?), and left Jerek to run half-naked through the wintry Silverwood with an unconscious Dydd slung over his shoulder. Throrer's death was by swords in face from some angry members of a narcotics ring outside Silverymoon, while Morgo walked into a crossbowmen's ambush one floor up in the same place.

Edit to Add: Oh, and I nearly forgot Majak, the Frozen Barbarian! Death by spear in face, courtesy a half-nalfeshnee in the bowels of Hellgate Keep.

So what's that make, eight actual deaths, nine if you count Berenind? That sounds about right.
Ian

Postby Failbhe » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:39 pm

Ian, you might also count the killing off of 2/3 of the Newtonians with your mobile death-star-castle during the goblin war? I do not recall if you managed to actually gain any further kills against anyone in the multitude of battles there.
Failbhe

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:53 pm

Hmm, this sort of question really deserves a poll but I would like to nominate myself as the player with chars most likely to get gakked.

My characters are as follows...

Sidious Thoth.

Resume: Wizard, a proffession well known for producing fragile combatants. Suffered a crit during one adventure which took him from full health to less than -10 in a single hit. (The only reason he lived was because of the mercy of the DM and the fact that two clerics healed him in the same round as the blow.)

Can regularly be seen tanking in adventures. (Not for any strategic reason mind you. This is simply what happens when you fling the severed head of the main bad guys sister at his feet.)

Insulted a 16th level cleric in his own temple from whom he needed a cure for lycanthropy.

Formed a party of 1st - 3rd level characters to loot a ECL 13 Dungeon.

Acted rudely to the token NPC who arrived to bail said characters out of said adventure.

Lost spellbook to same NPC and refused to grovel in order to get it back.

Now has less money and eq thanks to blowing everything he had in order to pay off the PC's stupid enough to go along with his plan, and buy a new spellbook.

Elias Poe
Resume: 2nd level fighter who thinks Wight Killing is fun.

Cast your vote for Manium today!

Postby Failbhe » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:10 pm

Most likely to be gakk'd. That would include survivability as well as the desire to kill them by other players as well as npc's.

Ilenus
Varra
Sidious
Astrid (due to current adventure)
Failbhe

Postby Alex_Knight » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:17 am

Oh, Astrid is on that list due to current adventure, but Gabriel isn't?

I can't say that any of mine are particularly dead men walking.
Edmund... doesn't see much play.
Doyle... sees about the same.
And Gabriel? Well, maaaybe because of his current adventure.
Alex_Knight

Postby J.C. » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:25 am

:::with a heavy sigh fondly remembers Isolder, the claustrophobic half-0rc that was distroyed by that Troll cleric:::

Someone will have to take credit for that death as I am unable to remember who was running that outing.

Hmmm, Most likely to get gakk'd;

Anyone along on an adventure where Val Fleetfoot is involved.

Possibly even the Tiefling Warmage, but we will see.....
J.C.

Postby Mark » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:24 am

No love for Ilenus. No love.

I recall Tarl killed Isolder, JC's original character, with a well placed troll rend.

Keith killed Garland due to blue dragon breath and a poor saving throw (thus setting up the eternal statement of f'in 3's)

I killed Raxal with a Sea Hag's Evil Eye ability.
Mark

Postby Rosemadder » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:47 pm

And ahh Baradir died from over-affection of Wraithly love. Really, they were just being friendly! My kill.

Kiki wants to go find his body so i'd say she'd pretty damned endangered too, but my vote totally goes to Sidious, who is perfectly willing to piss off a healer on his death bed. Intelligence 234,542, Wisdom 2.
Rosemadder

Postby Kemian » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:51 am

I'd like to nominate Devdan Timolan as most likely to get gakked trying to save the rest of the party probably at the hands of some undead critter because just about all the adventures he has had with undead have ended badly.
Kemian

Postby J.C. » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:33 pm

Hmmm, I think to date Eric and I are tied with 4.
J.C.

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:40 pm

And you still need to add my kill. I won't be cheated out of my first kack.
Mark

Next

Return to OOC Questions, Answers & Discussions